Author Topic: They live among us...  (Read 3902 times)

Offline Conrad

They live among us...
« on: February 15, 2012, 01:17:44 PM »
Wow, just wow...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57377832-504083/runnin-on-empty-escaped-fugitive-runs-out-of-gas-calls-sheriff/

(CBS/AP) EVANSTON, Wyo. - So here's the dilemma.

You're a fugitive from justice, and you're wanted in Georgia for violating parole on a murder and escape conviction. You're racing down the road in Wyoming, trying to stay one step ahead of the law, when suddenly, you run out of gas.

Who ya gonna call?

The sheriff???!!!

That's what 59-year-old Richard Vincent of Prineville, Ore. did.

The Wyoming Highway Patrol said Tuesday that Vincent, who is, in fact, wanted in Georgia for violating parole on a murder and escape conviction, did run out of gas, and decided to call the Uinta County Sheriff's Office, who happily sent state troopers to help him out.

When they discovered he had an outstanding felony warrant from Atlanta, he was taken into custody, and was being held pending extradition.

Next time, Vincent might want to try Triple-A for roadside assistance instead (if there is a next time).

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: They live among us...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 04:19:23 PM »
and they multiply.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 08:32:54 PM »
 :thumbs:  Job security!!!
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 04:49:16 AM »
As a reminder, let's keep the political comments out of here so it can stay in Open.  You want to make a political statement then we'll gladly give you Arena membership where you can espouse to your heart's content.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 04:53:50 AM »
You know, this helps LEO's to no end.  That is, having a vehicle with violations, violating traffic laws, or DUI.  A perfect mechanism to stop someone and check them out.  "Where's your id?" and typically they don't have any.  I guess they think if they don't have a license on them they won't go to jail.  Thank goodness for stupidity on their parts.  Also, we wouldn't have good stories like Conrad just gave us.  Maybe we need a thread for Idiots in the News...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 04:57:12 AM »
As a reminder, let's keep the political comments out of here so it can stay in Open.  You want to make a political statement then we'll gladly give you Arena membership where you can espouse to your heart's content.

Thanks Jim, did you remove that comment?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 04:58:23 AM »
We don't have the bandwidth for that kind of thread.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 05:01:43 AM »
Thanks Jim, did you remove that comment?

What do you think?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 05:20:17 AM »

Offline shakespeare

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 01:51:29 PM »
I thank you also!

There are many threads that start in the open, but end in the arena, and that sucks for those of us who don't have (or want) a membership to the arena.
Dan in South Jersey (formerly danielcombs)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 01:57:17 PM »
I thank you also!

There are many threads that start in the open, but end in the arena, and that sucks for those of us who don't have (or want) a membership to the arena.

For the the most part, once a thread has been moved to the Arena, it's not worth following it any longer anyways.  ;)

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 03:16:21 PM »
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 03:17:57 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 04:35:18 PM »
This is scary, I was just looking at that one this afternoon.  You should be very afraid.

Offline booger

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 04:50:41 PM »
And the breed.  And they vote