Author Topic: most rediculous mc insurance ad ever.....  (Read 9537 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: most rediculous mc insurance ad ever.....
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2016, 07:38:43 PM »
I say remove ALL warning labels and let Darwin's theory take it's course. We have far too many stupid people wasting our finite resources. Sure the Emergency Rooms will be exceptionally busy for a while but if you look at the big picture, they will  be far less busy once things settle down.

It's said that "Ignorance is no excuse for the law", I believe the same should apply to the laws of Nature. If you are stupid enough to drag your BBQ grill inside because it's raining and you asphyxiate your entire family, so be it. Odds are, anyone that stupid will have stupid children too. Survival of the fittest was, at one time, the lifeguard at the gene pool. The examples could go on ad nauseum.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2016, 09:19:50 PM »
I think the saying is "ignorance of the law is no excuse".

Every car commercial on TV says, "Professional driver on closed course, do not attempt." They have cars flying all over the place, ramping off buildings and doing all kinds of garbage. It's just an advertisement. It's not real.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2016, 09:22:58 PM »
^^^ What he said
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2016, 09:39:55 PM »
"Ignorance is no excuse for the law"

I was going to say that you don't have that quite right, but then I thought about the folks we have making the laws and reconsidered.   :)

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 10:14:16 PM »
I was going to say that you don't have that quite right, but then I thought about the folks we have making the laws and reconsidered.   :)

Now that you've pointed that out, I change my mind; I like Deziner's saying better.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 04:38:17 AM »
I say remove ALL warning labels and let Darwin's theory take it's course. We have far too many stupid people wasting our finite resources. Sure the Emergency Rooms will be exceptionally busy for a while but if you look at the big picture, they will  be far less busy once things settle down.

It's said that "Ignorance is no excuse for the law", I believe the same should apply to the laws of Nature. If you are stupid enough to drag your BBQ grill inside because it's raining and you asphyxiate your entire family, so be it. Odds are, anyone that stupid will have stupid children too. Survival of the fittest was, at one time, the lifeguard at the gene pool. The examples could go on ad nauseum.

This is why the general population is getting dumber and dumber. We're protecting them from themselves too much.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2016, 04:39:51 AM »
Can we leave the center stripe in the road please?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2016, 05:55:22 AM »
Yeah, I saw that too.  So no helmet, passing with a blind spot coming up, and her waving her arms all around.  It's a wonder the bike is upright..  Good thing its a reflection.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2016, 06:05:18 AM »
It's a divided highway, note the white lines.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2016, 06:10:46 AM »
Ok, then why is it coming up with a yellow in the middle then between the two lanes we see?  Is that some western type of thing?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2016, 06:21:26 AM »
Has to be s Photoshop faux pas. I would freak out if I was on a divided highway and came up on double yellow lines. I had to zoom in on the pic to see them. (Small screen on my phone.  ???)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2016, 06:27:59 AM »
Has to be s Photoshop faux pas. I would freak out if I was on a divided highway and came up on double yellow lines. I had to zoom in on the pic to see them. (Small screen on my phone.  ???)

fox paws ?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2016, 06:43:13 AM »
Has to be s Photoshop faux pas. I would freak out if I was on a divided highway and came up on double yellow lines. I had to zoom in on the pic to see them. (Small screen on my phone.  ??? )

As would I.  Evidently the bike (with or without passenger) in question doesn't have enough power to pass an SUV pulling a trailer.  More than enough power on a stock C14 to get by something like that with next to nothing room.  In fact, I daresay that the reflection would be a blur on the Airstream.  I think they had to think up something slower...

fox paws ?

Twit.

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2016, 07:03:56 AM »
It's a vision. It's a Vision. Get it?
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2016, 07:06:36 AM »
A Vision?

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2016, 07:12:13 AM »
Yes, a V-v-vision.

EDIT: Oh, wait. It's not a V-v-vision. It is a vision, but not a Vision.

It's actually a mirage; I thought I saw a motorcycle, but it was only a Harley-Davidson. ::)

They did highlight that yellow line in the curve to promote motorcycle safety. The guy is passing on broken white lines. Unfortunately, he will never make it by in time.

Maybe we can shift the topic to knocking H-D now.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2016, 08:41:07 AM »

..but..but..does that mean we aren't all going to stop what we're doing and send letters as a group to Progressive Insurance? :o

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2016, 09:22:12 AM »
I thought it was to the AMA? You were supposed to be doing that already. And organizing a demonstration in front of their offices.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2016, 09:48:22 AM »
Yes, a V-v-vision.

EDIT: Oh, wait. It's not a V-v-vision. It is a vision, but not a Vision.

It's actually a mirage; I thought I saw a motorcycle, but it was only a Harley-Davidson. ::)

They did highlight that yellow line in the curve to promote motorcycle safety. The guy is passing on broken white lines. Unfortunately, he will never make it by in time.

My vision  of motorcycling doesn't include HDs.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2016, 10:00:28 AM »
My vision  of motorcycling doesn't include HDs.

Haters gonna hate