Author Topic: Now we know what Fahrvergnügen really means  (Read 7753 times)

Offline Conrad

Now we know what Fahrvergnügen really means
« on: September 19, 2015, 07:25:27 AM »
http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/18/autos/epa-cheating-vw/index.html

Diesel cars from Volkswagen and Audi cheated on clean air rules by including software that made the cars' emissions look cleaner than they actually were, according to federal and California regulators.

The regulators say that the software on the cars turns on emission controls only when it detects that the car was being tested.

"The effectiveness of these vehicles' pollution emissions control devices is greatly reduced during all normal driving situations," said the Environmental Protection Agency's notice to the company. "This results in cars that meet emissions standards in the laboratory or testing station, but during normal operation, emit nitrogen oxides at up to 40 times the standard."

There are nearly 500,000 of these diesel cars on U.S. roads. The models include the VW Jetta, the Beetle and the Golf from model years 2009 through 2015, the Passat from 2014-2015 as well as the Audi A3, model years 2009-2015. The Audi luxury brand is owned by Volkswagen Group.

Owners of the affected cars do not face health risks, according to the EPA, and can to continue to drive or sell them. But the EPA has ordered VW to recall the cars and fix the violation. No recall has yet been announced.

VW said it is cooperating with the investigation.

The EPA did not say how much VW would ultimately be fined for this infraction.

Diesel cars from Volkswagen and Audi cheated on clean air rules by including software that made the cars' emissions look cleaner than they actually were, according to federal and California regulators.

This is potentially a HUGE fine for VW/Audi. ~500,000 affected cars (mine being one of them) to the tune of a $37,500 fine for EACH car. You do the math.  :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Now we know what Fahrvergnügen really means
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 07:40:50 AM »
Another case of big gov raiding the private sector.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 07:56:08 AM »
I don't understand.  Big corporation essentially lied to big Government about emissions.  And if they lied about that, what else are they covering up?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 08:50:03 AM »
I don't understand.  Big corporation essentially lied to big Government about emissions.  And if they lied about that, what else are they covering up?

Jimmy Hoffa
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 08:50:42 AM »
The moon landing.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 10:51:15 AM »
Where Hitler is living.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 11:36:40 AM »
Who shot JR.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 11:38:04 AM »
Location of the Fountain of Youth.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 11:45:36 AM »
The real emergency number, which is 912.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 11:47:44 AM »
What's behind door #4.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 11:48:37 AM »
We found out where Jimmy Hoffa was: they found him under Tammy Faye Baker's makeup.

Brian

Jimmy Hoffa
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 11:50:54 AM »
So that's what was wrong with Jim.  :o

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 11:51:31 AM »
Assuming, of course, that there is really any such thing as big corporations or government. Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, what we think we see as the gov't is nothing but a plot by the gov't, thereby proving it does not exist? Hmmmmmm? Remember back when that fictitious troll was posting about having problems with his fictitious C-14 in the fictitious land of Mexico? Fool me once....

Brian

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 12:37:11 PM »
Jimmy Hoffa killed JFK.  Then, he stowed away on the moon-landing flight.  Too bad for him that it was all faked, when the rocket was secretly crashed into the ocean, where he drowned and died.  He's somewhere under 10,000 feet of Pacific Ocean.  Or he was until the crabs ate him.  The astronauts were never actually on-board the moon rocket because NASA knew it wouldn't work.  They were spirited away from the launch site by the Men In Black, who hustled them away to live in Shangri-La, (the entrance to which is hidden behind Door #3, there is NO door #4, that's just another illusion), where they keep the Fountain of Youth.  They are still young men, and the guys we see now on the news are imposters who have been surgically altered to look like them.   JR was shot by a lone gun-man sitting on a grassy knoll, because he knew too much about all the above.  The gun-man made his getaway in a Volkswagen, which went forward in time when he hit 88 MPH, because it was equipped with an Oscillation Overthruster.   The gun-man will reappear (to us) in a few years, and you'll be surprised to learn his name is
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 01:01:07 PM »
Liar! Liar, liar, liar! YOU are the source of the cover up! All your stories was nothing but subterfuge to cover up the fact that the Volkswagen used by the gunman was putting out EXCESSIVE EMISSIONS, directly leading to Watergate!

Do not fall for this one people, it is a well crafted, carefully interlinked trap to divert your attention from the real issue, whatever that was....

Brian

Jimmy Hoffa killed JFK.  Then, he stowed away on the moon-landing flight.  Too bad for him that it was all faked, when the rocket was secretly crashed into the ocean, where he drowned and died.  He's somewhere under 10,000 feet of Pacific Ocean.  Or he was until the crabs ate him.  The astronauts were never actually on-board the moon rocket because NASA knew it wouldn't work.  They were spirited away from the launch site by the Men In Black, who hustled them away to live in Shangri-La, (the entrance to which is hidden behind Door #3, there is NO door #4, that's just another illusion), where they keep the Fountain of Youth.  They are still young men, and the guys we see now on the news are imposters who have been surgically altered to look like them.   JR was shot by a lone gun-man sitting on a grassy knoll, because he knew too much about all the above.  The gun-man made his getaway in a Volkswagen, which went forward in time when he hit 88 MPH, because it was equipped with an Oscillation Overthruster.   The gun-man will reappear (to us) in a few years, and you'll be surprised to learn his name is

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 01:36:34 PM »
Twits.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2015, 04:34:07 PM »

ELVIS.....

who was surgically altered last year, and has reappeared now as..... Caitlan Jenner...

hunk o hunk o burnin love....

next up....
"Dingo's ate my baby" ...

and
"Oh wow man, Jim Morrison is dead? Jim Croce is dead?  Who's Jim Croce???

but I digress... I personally find it offensive that I must pay the state of Ohio, to test the emmisions on my 1999 GMC truck, which if it throws a stupid code like "check engine soon" will fail, even tho its fine... so I go to the auto parts store, use their analyzer to check codes, and in the process clear all the codes and wipe my system clean, then take the truck to the inspection station, where they plug it into their computor and tell me.." someone tampered with the ecu on your truck, we have to run a manual exhaust sniffer tube in you pipe"  ... my response is "go ahead"..... and it passes with flying colors, essions are below 25% of the specified limits.... I pay them, drive out, and follow a diesel truck bellowing black clouds of smoke, and another bus bellowing twice as much.... mmmmmm thank you for the clean air.

" oh, Senior granpa, can I use your truck to pick up my family from immigration?". " No Pepino get back in that barn and keep shoveling sheep dip...Dag nabbit"

https://youtu.be/YshfeNHtmMU

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2015, 05:21:06 PM »
That is because when you clear the ECU, it is required that the vehicle be driven for 50 miles min. before the ECU can be used for an emissions test. This is so that we do not all clear the codes in the parking lot of the inspection station on the way in....  ;D

OFFTOPIC: (although personally, I think that train sailed a while ago) I have a rather persistent Check Engine Light that I keep clearing and it keeps turning back on. No doubt because the fuel cap is 'broked' (technical term) and the system cannot pressurize and recycle fuel vapors. All of which means I will have to but a new fuel cap (checks date on inspection sticker.....) in another 17 months.

Brian

[quote author=MAN OF BLUES link=topic=20197.msg250085#msg250085 date=1442702047

<snip>

" someone tampered with the ecu on your truck, we have to run a manual exhaust sniffer tube in you pipe" 

<snip>

[/quote]

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2015, 05:21:49 PM »
Maybe, but it was you who mentioned the Loch Ness monster and KiPass in the same post. What did you think was gonna' happen?

Brian

Twits.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2015, 08:10:54 PM »
I get the same codes and I just clear them.  Had them on the new Prius once and my daughter's Quest a couple of times.  Stupid computer.