Author Topic: Now we know what Fahrvergnügen really means  (Read 7746 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Now we know what Fahrvergnügen really means
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2015, 08:22:48 PM »
when I check the codes, they are both O2 sensors, but I replaced them all.. and cleared the codes... the engine burns clean, I mean really clean, and I just laugh at the test saying " I bet you don't see values that low on brand new vehicles"... they laugh and say I'm right.

the inspection is only required every other year, so I'm good thru 2016...
pulled this off twice, and don't feel a bit of guilt, knowing its a clean burning engine, but the beaurocrats just want to levy $$$ for nothing.

you can get a "free pass" if you fail, and spend $300 for supposed service to rectify, and it still won't pass... go figure, that's just shear b/s.

and the deisel trucks keep belching visible black clouds... but that's difffffffferent.

this same truck throws ABS codes occasionally also, but they clear when the truck is shut off andnrestarted, the ABS is working fine...

those trucks were problematic in tossing codes do to multiple ground point issues, and running thru all the ground points, cleaning and reattaching them all is a royal p.I.t.a.

I just stop at the autoparts store and clear them.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2015, 08:56:56 PM »
when I check the codes, they are both O2 sensors, but I replaced them all.. and cleared the codes... the engine burns clean, I mean really clean, and I just laugh at the test saying " I bet you don't see values that low on brand new vehicles"... they laugh and say I'm right.

the inspection is only required every other year, so I'm good thru 2016...
pulled this off twice, and don't feel a bit of guilt, knowing its a clean burning engine, but the beaurocrats just want to levy $$$ for nothing.

you can get a "free pass" if you fail, and spend $300 for supposed service to rectify, and it still won't pass... go figure, that's just shear b/s.

and the deisel trucks VW's keep belching visible black clouds... but that's difffffffferent.

this same truck throws ABS codes occasionally also, but they clear when the truck is shut off andnrestarted, the ABS is working fine...

those trucks were problematic in tossing codes do to multiple ground point issues, and running thru all the ground points, cleaning and reattaching them all is a royal p.I.t.a.

I just stop at the autoparts store and clear them.

Those code scanners don't cost that much.  I couldn't work on any vehicles (1996+) without one of those.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2015, 07:31:00 AM »
We found out where Jimmy Hoffa was: they found him under Tammy Faye Baker's makeup.

Brian

No wonder it took so long to find him! It took years to excavate all those layers.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2015, 07:39:39 AM »

ELVIS.....

who was surgically altered last year, and has reappeared now as..... Caitlan Jenner...

hunk o hunk o burnin love....

https://youtu.be/YshfeNHtmMU

:rotflmao:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2015, 06:54:12 PM »
I sure am glad I clicked on this thread. You guys absolutely slay me! :rotflmao:
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2015, 06:58:17 PM »
And to think that some people have the audacity to ask: What is the meaning of life?  I believe this thread sums up the answer- to amuse one's self until we are dead. And not THAT kind of amusement (Easy Boys!).

Brian

I sure am glad I clicked on this thread. You guys absolutely slay me! :rotflmao:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2015, 09:33:48 PM »
And to think that some people have the audacity to ask: What is the meaning of life?  I believe this thread sums up the answer- to amuse one's self until we are dead. And not THAT kind of amusement (Easy Boys!).

Brian

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2015, 11:09:41 AM »
and a towel
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2015, 12:31:43 PM »
VW tried to slip one passed the Vogons. Now they have to face the poetry.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2015, 04:35:39 AM »
VW's stocks fell by 20%. Ouch!