Author Topic: Concerned  (Read 9180 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Concerned
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2013, 04:29:41 AM »
Snip...
I'll have a Coors and think about it some more, at least until my brane starts to hurt.

One Coors should do it.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2013, 04:37:18 AM »
That's really all I can handle comfortably without getting a headache, C.  The new Introductions board is up.

I think we should have a section called "the lounge" or something that is for posting things frowned upon in the regular sections, non-filtered though if you will...  ;)

Kinda like why we have the arena but this would be a non-political based place, more just folks discussing things without having to worry about language or riskay pics etc...
 ;) :-\ :) :chugbeer:

Whilst that is a good suggestion, Jay, I'm thinking not at the moment unless the big guy upstairs says otherwise..  It would be tough to moderate and I'm thinking it would have to be by invite only.  But hey, current thinking could change..

And while I'm thinking about it, maybe it should be in it's own category as we have both C10 and C14 members...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:04:29 AM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2013, 07:19:19 AM »
what's the arena?  ???
It's kind of like Purgatory for unacceptable threads. Been real quiet lately but has been known for some lively discussions. You'll have to ask the guy swinging the sword how to get an invite.

Any admin can 'unlock' the door. Up to the user to find the door. Hint: your profile. FWIW, a person CAN leave the Arena and relinquish the key, only thing that will remain is the [bad?] memories. Hint: in your profile ;)

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 07:31:21 AM »

I think we should have a section called "the lounge" or something that is for posting things frowned upon in the regular sections, non-filtered though if you will...  ;)

Tis called "Open Forum" ;)

Chat about anything in Open, until such time an Admin/Mod thinks it's too colorful. Then it gets moved (or edited (we hate doing this, really!), mostly for picture content), typically to The Arena.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »
Tis called "Open Forum" ;)

Chat about anything in Open, until such time an Admin/Mod thinks it's too colorful. Then it gets moved (or edited (we hate doing this, really!), mostly for picture content), typically to The Arena.

Rick

I was more thinking of a section that we could post things "colorful" without a mod having to edit or move it...  :-\

The arena to me seems to be mostly political chat, I'm more thinking of a place where we don't have to watch our language or "colorful" pics...  ;) ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2013, 10:46:37 AM »
Oh, I know exactly what you're thinking of young man..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2013, 11:19:59 AM »

I was more thinking of a section that we could post things "colorful" without a mod having to edit or move it...  :-\

The arena to me seems to be mostly political chat, I'm more thinking of a place where we don't have to watch our language or "colorful" pics...  ;) ;D

This one looks to be rather 'colorful' don't ya think?

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »
I think that ZG wants it to be like the Labusa forum.

Beware all ye who enter there!

It makes Conrad's "colorful" picture look very, VERY tame.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline Cuda

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2013, 11:28:44 AM »
The Arena is for people that only watch Fox news  ::)
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Son of Pappy

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2013, 11:40:42 AM »
The Arena is for people that only watch Fox news  ::)
Gotta get the truth somewhere ;)

A huge FWIW, and I do believe that Jim will back me here, the Arena has done a really good job at policing ourselves.  If we ever resort back to the personal attacks we have done wrong.

As much as I like purty gurls, I think this particular forum is better off without a "colorful" section. 

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2013, 11:41:10 AM »
It is a section of the forum shielded from casual sight of forum users and the public. You can get in there if you want by asking a moderator but to be honest, my experience with it in the olden' days is that it is of no interest to me. I do not and can not go there by choice. Plenty of arguing on the 'Net without going to an area dedicated to.... arguing.

what's the arena?  ???
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2013, 11:48:08 AM »
This one looks to be rather 'colorful' don't ya think?

Those look like really warm socks!
 :finger_fing11:

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2013, 11:53:01 AM »
A separate section of the forum would be fine with me but to be honest, I like this place the way it is, and I do not even participate in the arena. I am not offended by much in the way of pictures or language but again, to be honest, I think that once that stuff becomes more common the entire environment tends to go downhill. I guess what I am saying is that I like the P.G. or so rating of this forum, as well as the other forum, and frankly do not see it benefiting from drawing people in who require higher levels of tolerated behavior.

But as I said, the separate section idea works well for me- that way each of us can choose where we want to participate.

As a final thought, there is nothing wrong with being a gentleman either. Sure it is an old- fashioned idea but I sort of like the concept that you cannot say / do anything you want without result. Personally I think dueling was a great behavior modifier; say whatever you want but understand you may be asked outside to settle the matter.... like gentleman. Perhaps an old fashioned concept that should not have gone by the wayside? We kid around a lot on this forum and I find it great fun (I might even be the second funnest guy around after Kirby of course) but still there are limits and I always do my best to respect them when dealing with others and insist they be used when dealing with me. :-)  Of course I am speaking here more regarding the arena rather than your other idea for a section Jay.

Brian

Kinda like why we have the arena but this would be a non-political based place, more just folks discussing things without having to worry about language or riskay pics etc...
 ;) :-\ :) :chugbeer:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2013, 02:06:21 PM »

As much as I like purty gurls, I think this particular forum is better off without a "colorful" section.

Just to clarify my suggestion... I wasn't saying have a smut section, not at all.

On a Gixxer forum I participate in there is a section for each model Gixxer (which is obviously far more than the 2 we have here, C10 & C14). Then there is also a smut section, which is pretty much just that and I don't visit that section. But in the "oiler" section (the older oil cooled Gixxers 86-92) there is a section called "the boiler lounge", it's just a place for folks to post whatever, there are the occasional "colorful" pics every now and then but they aren't like Hustler pics, they're more like Maxim pics, cleavage yes but no pepperoni's if you will...  ;)

It's usually a pretty dead section, but every now and then usually at night when folks have a few cocktails it does get kinda fun, the language does get harsher than in the other sections, but it's not like a Sam Kinison skit. Just a bunch of folks shooting the bull etc...

That's what I was meaning.  :chugbeer:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2013, 02:12:24 PM »
Oh, I knows exactly what you was talking about, but....I don't think that's going to happen here, Jay.  The Arena is for 'arguing' although here lately not much of that going on.  Just echoing the same thing over and over again.  Open is open to a point... 

And I put the Intro board up but only two members have availed themselves of it so far....and I'm one of them.  It's open to both C10 and C14 members.  Some of you guys that have been here since dirt should introduce yourselves as well.....just sayin.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2013, 02:14:33 PM »
Some of you guys that have been here since dirt should introduce yourselves as well.....just sayin.

Will do Sparky.  :salute:

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2013, 02:18:07 PM »
Well, I certainly recommend us to anyone I happen upon riding a C10 or C14.  Maybe I need to get some cheap business cards made?  We do have quite a few members on paper but quite a few are lurkers.  The tone of this forum is different from the others out there so I would think that would have to suit any potential members.  Short of doing a DOS attack on the other forums (it worked for awhile on the UK forum...I rather liked them sharing with us), I really don't know what we could do.   A Google search on C14 yields nothing.  Concours 1400 yields us as the first forum to show up whilst Concours and ZG1000 yields the other crew.

Also, this might get more traction in Open...up to you if you want it moved.  Only cost is a beer..just sayin...

So the truth is out you guys  :battle: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :thumbs:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2013, 02:23:34 PM »
 :doh:

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2013, 02:31:22 PM »
What you've got to carful of is attracting deviant people who's 1st post looks like this.......................

http://www.gtr1400.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=3140.0

:chugbeer:

Hey Jim I like it here
:doh:
................2 great nations separated by a common language  :rotflmao: :chugbeer: :chugbeer:

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2013, 02:40:16 PM »
Oh, I knows exactly what you was talking about, but....I don't think that's going to happen here, Jay.  The Arena is for 'arguing' although here lately not much of that going on.  Just echoing the same thing over and over again.  Open is open to a point... 

And I put the Intro board up but only two members have availed themselves of it so far....and I'm one of them.  It's open to both C10 and C14 members.  Some of you guys that have been here since dirt should introduce yourselves as well.....just sayin.

Bugger.................................as a gate crasher does that apply to me ?  :grouphug: