Author Topic: Dollar Shave Club  (Read 10010 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Dollar Shave Club
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2015, 09:38:35 PM »
I use this and don't buy replacement blades anymore...

https://www.thegrommet.com/blade-buddy-razor-blade-sharpener-black

Seems to work pretty well for me.

On Amazon for about $18.  Certainly seems like something that wouldn't work, but the reviews say otherwise, as do you.  So I put it in my cart for next purchase.  Will see what happens.

http://www.amazon.com/Blade-Buddy-Razor-Sharpener-Women/dp/B00NIPQ0GC
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 10:42:49 PM »
None of my business and this will probably be politically incorrect but.... why did you choose the one meant for women?

:rotflmao:

Brian

On Amazon for about $18.  Certainly seems like something that wouldn't work, but the reviews say otherwise, as do you.  So I put it in my cart for next purchase.  Will see what happens.

http://www.amazon.com/Blade-Buddy-Razor-Sharpener-Women/dp/B00NIPQ0GC
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2015, 10:48:42 PM »
That is basically a 'strop' (not a 'strap'), and you are stropping the blade. A leather strop used on straight razors has been in use for a couple of hundred years, is still in use today and is absolutely effective. So that is just applying a very old but absolutely worthwhile technique on a new means of holding and using a razor blade (in a cartridge). The only downside that I can see is that you cannot strop both sides of the blade(s); I have never tried stropping a razor on one side only but would think eventually it would curl the edge away from the stropping surface. ?? But if it works for you on an open- ended basis, then I guess it works well enough on one side only.

Brian

I use this and don't buy replacement blades anymore...

https://www.thegrommet.com/blade-buddy-razor-blade-sharpener-black

Seems to work pretty well for me.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2015, 06:28:50 AM »
None of my business and this will probably be politically incorrect but.... why did you choose the one meant for women?

:rotflmao:

Brian

It's basically the same one I have.  My insert is black, though.  Works great.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2015, 08:10:16 AM »

They don't have one for women, they have a single listing for men/women.  Click on the link and see.  Then search by description and you will get only the same link again.  It is odd.

"Blade Buddy Razor Blade Sharpener for Men and Women, Blue by Blade Buddy
255 customer reviews"

Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2015, 08:19:47 AM »
They don't have one for women, they have a single listing for men/women.  Click on the link and see.  Then search by description and you will get only the same link again.  It is odd.

255 customer reviews"
Would that be silvery baby blue?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2015, 10:24:39 AM »
I just happened to catch the word 'women' in the link you posted and it struck me as funny. Not unusual- lots of things strike me as funny :-)

Brian

255 customer reviews"

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2015, 10:25:41 AM »
Neutron silver.

Brian

Would that be silvery baby blue?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2015, 12:01:08 PM »
I just happened to catch the word 'women' in the link you posted and it struck me as funny. Not unusual- lots of things strike me as funny :-)

Oh, I thought it was odd, too.  I actually went back to see if the link was whacked or something before posting it.

And "Neutron Silver" is silvery light baby blue :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2015, 02:48:20 PM »
Looks a bit greenish to me..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2015, 01:59:15 PM »
"dollar shave club"
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2015, 03:30:20 AM »
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.