Author Topic: Wonderful world of back pain....  (Read 5712 times)

Offline sherob

• Arena
Re: Wonderful world of back pain....
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 11:18:09 AM »
Drinks lots of fluid to flush out the toxins the massage releases!  If you don.t you will feel sick and not want to go back!

Sounds like it isn't serious, and I don't say that lightly... if it was spinal, I would suggest seeing a Physician instead of a back cracker.  If it's muscle, an NSAID will help... even Flexiril will help (presrciption needed. 

I have severe back pain (degenerative disk disease)... my second go round with this stuff.  The firt time, before fusion of my L5/S1, I tried accupuncture for free with a coupon... that was an interesting experience.  It caused "ghost" feelings... like something was touching your toe, you look down, nothing there...  :o  this went on for the whole 45 minutes!  I did a few sessions, but it didn't help my pain... gave me something to talk about... LOL!!!
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Gsun

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 09:56:14 PM »
You cannot expect to be cured in 1 or 2 visits if you have had the problem a long time. Relief, yes. Muscles tend to get into a position and want to stay that way. They have to be retrained to the new position so they don't pull things back to the wrong position.

Absolutely. I meant you should feel some relief after one or two sessions or it probably won't help in the long run. Don't waste your time.

Offline timmerz

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 11:05:22 PM »
Thought I'd offer what I've experienced...wife suffered for almost 3 weeks with the same type of pain below her left shoulder blade, finally went in, Doctor palpatated the area to find out exactly where the pain was, went out and consulted with a couple of other Docs, came back in and said they were all in agreement that it was something that could be completely remedied by one cortisone injection in the correct location....we agreed to try, he came back in about 2 minutes later with a needle and injected directly into the pain area. She looked at me about 4 minutes later, just after the Doc had left the room after giving her advice about follow-up and said, "I can't believe it, it's disappearing..."
Been pain-free ever since...

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 05:49:11 PM »
I did the Cortisone business when I hurt my planters facia. Think it did me worse then helped. I lost a bit of sensation on the bottom of my left foot. For some people that works like charm - for me, it did not. So, I am going to use that as last resort.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2013, 06:27:12 PM »
I did the Cortisone business when I hurt my planters facia. Think it did me worse then helped. I lost a bit of sensation on the bottom of my left foot. For some people that works like charm - for me, it did not. So, I am going to use that as last resort.

Cortisone shots are great for inflammation and helping to heal after surgery, otherwise it can cause more damage than good sometimes. Plenty of icing and ibuprofen does wonders, sure helps my shoulder for sure.

2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey