Author Topic: First Ford Pictures  (Read 9945 times)

Offline MiniCog

Re: First Ford Pictures
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 01:51:24 PM »
Actually, no, but I'll add it.  Thanks.

It's always my comeback to "Fixed Or Repaired Daily."  Funny thing is the majority of Fords are super reliable.  Remember the old straight 6's?  Those motors just wouldn't die.
Past: XR650R, 250 Ninjette.
Present: None...
Next: C-14, '08-09 Speed Triple, and/or Sprint GT.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 02:23:20 PM »
Yep.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Jaxter

• Blue might not be fastest, but it's my favorite
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 03:59:30 PM »
here is one more
F***ed over rebuilt Dodge.

I agree if I was going to buy a US car I would put Ford High on my list to evaluate
I've Never Had A Better Day

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 11:43:15 AM »
Hey Pokey, my first Ford was that exact car and color! A '79 Fiesta, German Ford, great little car. I'll have to root around for some pics from the 80's of it.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline kawamark

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 08:19:06 PM »
Mine first one was a 1985 Ford LTD LX. 5.0 V8 with CFI good for 180 HP. 3.38 limited slip rear end and would bark the tires when it hit second gear at full throttle. On long trips I could get 23+ MPG. Bought it new and sold it a few years ago.

Had lots of fun because it looked a lot like this:

;D
Mark L. Johnson

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 08:34:51 PM »
No picture handy, so picture this:
1954 Ford F-100. Red with a white grill, black front bumper, no rear bumper (I beam welded across the rail ends and painted black). It had a black diamond plate bed floor with black running boards. Included was a black bench seat, red carpet and dash with black steering wheel & column. Chrome spotlight on the driver's side roof pillar. After market stock round tail lights and turn signals. It came with one (left) from the factory.

Three on the tree, aftermarket (International brand) heater since none came from the factory. Black headliner. 272 OH Valve V-8 (first of the OHV V-8's) with oil bath air filter. The only key operated door lock was the passenger side and the driver's door locked from the inside only with the handle (push down).  6 volt generator equipped electrical system with the battery under the floor on the passenger side.

White wall tires (mud tires on the rear) with cone hubcaps. Wider 15" Mercury wheels replaced the narrow 16" Ford OEM wheels.

My father gave it to me when I was 14 and told me if I could restore it, I could have it. It had 77,000 miles in 1971.  I did. Two months after I turned 16, I wrecked it and started over. Re-constructed by 17 and kept it through college when I sold it to pay tuition when I was 22 in 1979. I used it to haul my '71 CB350 to college and then my '78 Honda Hawk I when I replaced the '71.

Now at 54, I'm looking around the area to see if I can find it. But I think it's gone. :'(

Coolest (nearly) stock p/u in my small town.
I can see it in my mind as I write.  The pictures are all still in my head, near where the hair used to live. :D
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Laserjock

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 11:31:43 PM »
My first Ford was my '67 Mustang during high school. I spent two summers working on it. Hand rubbed lacquer 3-tone paint job. High performance 289, HiRise intake w/Holley 4bbl, mild cam. Custom dual exhaust w/Hedman headers. Painted and chromed engine compartment and engine. I even painted the undercarriage. Spent a lot of the time with the hood off cruising Livermore and El Camino blvd in San Mateo. I really miss that car. I now have a souped up Mini Cooper S that I drive occasionally, my true love is still my Connie (which is a Ford too).  ;D

=Laserjock=

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 05:49:46 AM »
Ford pics guys, not Mini-Coopers or Connies..please.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 07:06:20 AM »
Nice pics!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 08:47:18 AM »
No picture handy, so picture this:
1954 Ford F-100. Red with a white grill, black front bumper, no rear bumper (I beam welded across the rail ends and painted black). It had a black diamond plate bed floor with black running boards. Included was a black bench seat, red carpet and dash with black steering wheel & column. Chrome spotlight on the driver's side roof pillar. After market stock round tail lights and turn signals. It came with one (left) from the factory.

Three on the tree, aftermarket (International brand) heater since none came from the factory. Black headliner. 272 OH Valve V-8 (first of the OHV V-8's) with oil bath air filter. The only key operated door lock was the passenger side and the driver's door locked from the inside only with the handle (push down).  6 volt generator equipped electrical system with the battery under the floor on the passenger side.

White wall tires (mud tires on the rear) with cone hubcaps. Wider 15" Mercury wheels replaced the narrow 16" Ford OEM wheels.

My father gave it to me when I was 14 and told me if I could restore it, I could have it. It had 77,000 miles in 1971.  I did. Two months after I turned 16, I wrecked it and started over. Re-constructed by 17 and kept it through college when I sold it to pay tuition when I was 22 in 1979. I used it to haul my '71 CB350 to college and then my '78 Honda Hawk I when I replaced the '71.

Now at 54, I'm looking around the area to see if I can find it. But I think it's gone. :'(

Coolest (nearly) stock p/u in my small town.
I can see it in my mind as I write.  The pictures are all still in my head, near where the hair used to live. :D

That...  Sounds awesome!

Offline Reid

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 09:28:22 AM »
My dad bought a 1929 Ford Model A and all of us learned to drive with it.  Would do about 65mph on a good level road downwind!  It was a black coupe with a rumble seat.
2008 C-14 (Silver Belle)
Russell Daylong seat
Cal-Sci windshield
S.Ga. AAD

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 08:36:44 PM »
My uncle and aunt have a model T at their house.  It's been there for as long as I can remember, and as kids my cousins and I would all jump around the play house and mess with the Model T for fun.  Someone needs to rebuild it, most of it (if not all of it) is there.  Also: One of those cousins is getting married tomorrow. Time flies by so fast, it's unreal.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2012, 04:36:23 AM »
Talk is cheap.  Where are the pics?

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2012, 05:57:22 AM »
My first vehicle was a 1960 F100 which I bought from my dad. Powered by a 223 straight six w/ a 3-on-the-tree. With the exception of the tires/rims/chrome grill, it looked exactly like the one pictured here;

My current F150 is almost identical to the 1st pic from MiniCog;
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2012, 12:48:54 AM »
I miss the square body Fords.   :'(

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2012, 06:57:42 AM »
I miss the square body Fords.   :'(

Oh my, I was thinking about that the other evening as I was following one.  This is scary.

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2012, 05:55:01 PM »
Any "petrol head" or "gear head" or "motor head" or "grease monkey" should miss the old body styles of Fords.  That is because those people are smart.   :)

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2012, 06:57:16 PM »
No pics, but, I took my drivers test in a 64 Ford Falcon.

My first car was a 72 Mercury Monterey, second was a 72 Ford Gran Torino.

Next Ford wasn't for a while, 72 Camaro, 79 Dodge Colt, 87 Samurai (first new car), 1987 Firebird, 1989 Lincoln Town Car, 93 Buick Regal Limited, 2000 Dodge Dakota QC (second new, still own). 2003 Suzuki Volusia (used, traded)->, 2006 Suzuki V-Strom 1k(new, traded)->, 2010 Kawasaki Concours.
Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2012, 10:13:25 AM »
Technically, the first ford I had was a 1996 Ford Contour (actually was my wife's to begin with). We ran that thing like a dog until the usual Ford Contour gremlins started to catch up. Fly wheel went toothless, harnesses started to go brittle, replaced water pump one too many times. And it sure did make a 'contortionist' out of me! Then it got passed around like a cheap prostitute - changed hands about 5 times until it landed back with me. She took it well enough all the abuse. Step daughter needed a car and got passed on to her - and that was the last time she breathe...

My second ford was a 2002 Mustang and wife and I had a blast in it. But it was not very practical and so traded it off for a 2004 F150 couple years later. Still have that truck. In the mean time, I bought a 1979 F100 off my step son. It was junk yard material. Tinkered with it almost a year until it ran really good. Drove it around all over the place, but finally sold it to someone who had to have the truck.

As you can see where it is going, my next vehicle (if my truck ever breaks down), will be a Ford. But until then, it is nice not to have a car payment.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2012, 02:19:33 PM »
My first Ford was a 1967 Galaxie 500 that my uncle gave me.  He was the original owner and gave it to me when I was 14 in 1996.  It had 389k miles on it and was on it's 4th 289 V8.  It was a 3 on the tree.  It was in decent shape except he used it to tow his sailboat occasionally and when he would launch it in the bay the truck of the car would fill with salt water so the trunk was completely rusted out.  I ended up playing around with it for about a year and drove it around the neighborhood but decided the trunk would take too much time and money to fix.  So I sold it for $750 and put that money into my 2nd Ford, which was a '72 Maverick.  I posted some details about it in the "Pinto" thread but I'll include the pic again.  I consider the Maverick to be my official first car because I never really drove the Galaxy.

I've also owned some other Fords along the way.  I had a '73 Maverick parts car.  A pair of '66 Mustangs (one running, one not).  Also had an '02 'Stang and a '98 Explorer.

My Galaxie looked just like this, but with different hubcaps and blue interior

The Maverick
'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV