Author Topic: Unbelievable what this driver did as the motorcycle was passing...  (Read 8380 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Unbelievable what this driver did as the motorcycle was passing...
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2015, 03:16:59 PM »
"on that particular road I've seen them do wheelies at 60 mph, I thought he was one of those..."

So if he was "one of those" would it have been ok to murder him?

Offline SilverConnieRider

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2015, 07:39:19 PM »
he will be tried twice for sure, once for law, and once civil court... no matter what, he's screwed... with the proliferation of motorcyclists, or people with friends or relatives hurt on bikes, it will be tough to weasel out of litigation... a jury selection process has only so many pre emptory allowances for each side, and in this case, any jury would be biased with the malice shown,  id have been arrested at the scene had I had a helmet cam and filmed that... the film would have shown my beating that dork to the ground with my helmet.... and if I were charged, id be saying " he had a wasp on his forehead, I was just trying to save him from being stung...".

aggrevated assault vs attempted vehicular homicide...

oh this don't help much on his behalf either.... hmmmmmm fine upstanding citizen...
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/10/20/driver-arrested-for-granbury-motorcycle-crash/

http://m.yourglenrosetx.com/article/20151019/NEWS/151019367

"However, this is not the first time Crum has had a run in with the law in Hood County, or Somervell County for that matter, and is also not the first time he has been accused of misconduct with a motor vehicle, according to arrest and court records.
On July 28, 1989, Crum was arrested by Arlington police for assault and family violence, and later charged and sentenced to one-year's probation. He was also force to pay an undisclosed restitution. Fast forward a few years to Aug. 23, 1993, Crum was picked up by Granbury PD for silent or abusive calls to a 9-1-1 service – a class B misdemeanor that was later dismissed after he recognized himself as the culprit prior to the case being deferred on Sept. 9, 1993.
All illegal, but not exactly relatable to the current charge.
Six months and change later, Crum was scooped up by Somervell County sheriff’s deputies for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle – a 3rd degree felony he plead no contest to. Crum was convicted of the charge on Sept. 26, 1994, which resulted in an $87 court cost, 80 hours of community service and two years of community supervision.
Thirteen years later, he was again found to be improperly using a vehicle by the Somervell County Sheriff’s Department. Crum was observed to be driving recklessly on March 28, 2007, but this time was also charged with making a terroristic threat. Despite pleading 'not guilty' to the charge of making a terroristic threat, he was later convicted of both charges and confined to two years in jail, while being forced to pay $500 in court fines and a $612 court fines."

now, in my book, the "three strikes, you are out, mandatory sentencing". will come into play here
This has been in effect in Texas for 65 years....
http://sheenalawfirm.com/threestrikescases.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-strikes_law

I mean, after all, if you can get busted and it's your third offense for having a joint (Texas prisons are full of minor pot offenders)
http://nationalreport.net/texas-implements-three-strike-law-marijuana-related-charges/

then why not hammer the dude for his priors regarding vehicular offenses which are on record....

steeeeeeerike 3 already done..

strike 4 and 5 coming up....... you're out...

Where is the LIKE button for this post?
I agree with this and think this JERK is ready for prison full time even if it was for lying about a bug bite.   ;D

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 05:08:27 AM »
Double yellows are just a suggestion aren't they?

Not in Smyth County in VA. I have the paperwork to prove it. :(
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2015, 05:16:23 AM »
Not in Smyth County in VA. I have the paperwork to prove it. :(
Didn't see him coming or hiding behind a road sign?

Offline Caffeinated

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2015, 06:43:04 AM »
So, according to this he tried to do the same thing the day before....http://on.wfaa.com/1LMB3AU

He'll lose his life's saving's, and spend some quality time behind bars for this!
Chris (COG# 8538), Bristow, Va
2012 Black Concours 1400
2011 Silver Concours 1400 (Totaled)
2002 Silver Concours (sold), 06 Vulcan 900LT (sold), 03 VStar 650 (sold)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2017, 07:17:35 PM »
UPDATE.......Driver gets 15 years..... :banana :banana :banana

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/04/03/69-year-old-gets-15-years-in-prison-for-road-rage-assault.html

A 69-year-old Texas man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison after being convicted on two charges stemming from a road rage incident in 2015.

William Sam Crum was caught on camera swerving his car into a motorcycle that crossed a double line to pass him outside the town of Granbury, causing it to crash and injuring both people on board. A woman riding on the passenger seat had to be taken to the intensive care unit of the Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, the Star-Telegram reports.

The accident was recorded by the helmet cam of following motorcycle rider, and quickly went viral when posted to the internet. Crum tells the camera operator “I don’t care” that he hit them, and claimed that a bug bite on his leg caused him to swerve.

The jury didn’t buy it, and Crum was convicted on one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon causing bodily injury. He had been held on $150,000 bail since he was arrested shortly after the accident.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2017, 09:57:26 PM »
Good!  Justice!!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2017, 05:31:20 AM »
UPDATE.......Driver gets 15 years..... :banana :banana :banana

Not enough dancin' 'nanas gPink
 :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2017, 06:42:01 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2017, 08:06:04 AM »
I wonder if he still doesn't care.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2017, 08:10:57 AM »
I wonder if he still doesn't care.

Bubba is going to wondering the same thing as this guy gets his 'welcome' to prison embrace.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn