Author Topic: hey, Pepper Heads....yeah you...  (Read 8337 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
hey, Pepper Heads....yeah you...
« on: March 25, 2015, 05:51:56 PM »
Just received this years seeds from My favorite, Pepper Joe...
Last year we had an awesome crop of the hottest, Bhut Jalokia Ghost, Naga, Fatali, Thai mix, Awesome paprika , soo many we lost track...
We been growing in big containers, so we can move them, and keep them from the munching deer... and yes, they WILL eat the plants...

We just got 9 packs of seeds, and we included The Carolina Reaper... new Guinness record holder.. cant wait to try these...

planting these now in starters, with bottom heat, right on schedule, to be stuck outside when the weather breaks...

here ya go, buy these now... don't be timid, and buy the hottest ones they have, you just have to wear rubber gloves when you handle the peppers, and cut them... you control the heat, I love hot stuff ..

http://www.pepperjoe.com/shoppingcart/html/pepper.html

don't wait, some of these take 5/6 weeks to get started, and maybe longer till you can stick them in the ground... :great: :great:
Modify message

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline timsatx

• Arena
Re: hey, Pepper Heads....yeah you...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 09:00:58 PM »
I like eating hot stuff but you can get just too damn hot. I remember once when I was surveying. There was this mexican working with us, I believe his name was Popo. When I say he was mexican, I mean he was literally from Mexico. On one of the streets we were working on there were these plants in the fence line, they were the chili piquins. He grabbed a handful of them and while we were driving around he would pop them in his mouth like candy and eat them. I asked if I could try one. I bit into it and as soon as I cracked it my mouth was on fire. Never did it again. Now I do like to put some habenero hot sauce on my tacos.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 04:50:36 AM »
I used to love eating hot peppers and slathering hot sauce on my food. As I'm getting older I find that I can't take it anymore like I used to. I pay too high a price, both on the way in and on the way out...

This stuff is about as hot as I can take anymore, it's GREAT on wings!

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 07:41:21 AM »
Ordered mine this morning, Carolina and Ghost.

Thanks for the link MOB.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 08:15:20 AM »
I went to High School in New Mexico and got a taste peppers. Particularly NM green and red. Love hot Hatch roasted green chile relleno's smothered in hot NM red chile. Completely different dish than relleno's made from the mild poblano peppers smothered in mostly tomato sauce you find in restaurants. I also like hot Thai and Indian food as well. But habanero and ghost peppers are a few scoville's too far.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 03:56:49 PM »
 :rotflmao:
I always wear protective gear... sometimes I actually wear 2 pairs of gloves, because the Ghost's seem to penetrate right thru one layer...whew...

They sent a bunch of dried Reaper pods as a free gift with my seed order, along with some other freebie seeds...
Gonna try a pod tonight... expecting flame on for sure...
some pics of last 2 years crops...

yeah that Ghost pepper was a NUKE for sure

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 06:07:53 AM »
Those peppers look fantastic! I just love the colors.    :thumbs:

Something ain't quite right about having to wear gloves to prepare something that you're going to eat...   ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 11:51:50 AM »
Ordered mine this morning, Carolina and Ghost.

Thanks for the link MOB.

I highly suggest planting them in containers, so you can move them. Before they start to bud/flower, separate them by at least 10 feet.... both those strains tend to mingle when they pollinate, and mutate the final fruit, sometimes good, sometimes bad, just warning as you really want to get true flavor and heat from each, and as they have been created by hybrydizing over 8 generations or more, you can still get wierdly mixed variaties.

Happy growing

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 07:04:05 AM »
I highly suggest planting them in containers, so you can move them. Before they start to bud/flower, separate them by at least 10 feet.... both those strains tend to mingle when they pollinate, and mutate the final fruit, sometimes good, sometimes bad, just warning as you really want to get true flavor and heat from each, and as they have been created by hybrydizing over 8 generations or more, you can still get wierdly mixed variaties.

Happy growing

Will do, thanks for the advice.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 10:21:35 AM »
Damn, those somebeeches just LOOK freaking hot.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 10:30:00 AM »

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 02:38:05 PM »
Not going find any elephants in MOB's back yard!  :rotflmao:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/11/photogalleries/elephant-pictures/

For sure

It is the only thing that keeps our plants safe from the deer also..
All my plants are grown basically at my front door, in containers. The only way we could repel deer from eating them was to make a solution of Habanero, garlic, and soapy water, in a blender, strain it well, and spray it on the green plants as they grew. Every repellant we tried prior to that failed terribly. We prolly spent $40 total on them before trying the Habenro spray... it works... I also use it to spray the wire harness that are hidden in recesses on my bikes, to deterr rodent nibbling, works well there also....

We actually had a groundhog that would nip chunks out of the Habanero peppers... one tough dude...we ended up with elevated platforms to place the containers above his reach to stop him...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 04:48:52 AM »
For sure

It is the only thing that keeps our plants safe from the deer also..
All my plants are grown basically at my front door, in containers. The only way we could repel deer from eating them was to make a solution of Habanero, garlic, and soapy water, in a blender, strain it well, and spray it on the green plants as they grew. Every repellant we tried prior to that failed terribly. We prolly spent $40 total on them before trying the Habenro spray... it works... I also use it to spray the wire harness that are hidden in recesses on my bikes, to deterr rodent nibbling, works well there also....

We actually had a groundhog that would nip chunks out of the Habanero peppers... one tough dude...we ended up with elevated platforms to place the containers above his reach to stop him...

The front door eh? Does it work on door to door salesmen?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 03:17:13 PM »
The front door eh? Does it work on door to door salesmen?

never tried it... can't say, prolly no different than getting Maced... :doublepuke:

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 11:17:13 PM »
Q. What's red and looks good on a salesman?

A. My redbone coonhound.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 02:27:49 PM »
 :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline timsatx

• Arena

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 03:38:05 PM »
http://www.hotsauceworld.com/source.html

The Source Hot Sauce Extract. This is one of the hottest extracts on earth. Treat this product with respect! Only to be used as a food additive! This is a must for every chile head's shelf. The Source is 7.1 million Scoville Units. The source comes in a 1 oz. bottle but you could add heat to 100 pots of chili! 1oz.

Offline Leo

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 09:21:00 PM »
Some peppers are just plain dangerous.  A man offered me a piece of a pepper that he warned was very strong. I handled it with my thumb and forefinger, and as soon as it touched my lips, I realized that it was too hot for me.  Then I went to the mens room.  An hour later I was in agony with postage stamp sized welts on the top and bottom of my junk.  It burned for a couple days.  If that is what it does to the outside, imagine what it is doing inside. 
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas