Author Topic: What'd you do for your Connie today?  (Read 113122 times)

YoDoc

Re: What'd you do for your Connie today?
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2011, 07:52:27 PM »
Rode her to lunch, to the post office, and to the grocery store, where I loaded her down with 5 bags of groceries, including a gallon of milk! Have I said enough about how much more I like this bike than my old naked standard?

Offline DarrellB

• Arena
  • If your going to ride. Ride. Forget the trailer
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2011, 08:23:49 PM »
I got her back into her daily 114 mile commute.
02 Connie with 06 Skin

YoDoc

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2011, 08:46:33 PM »
I almost wish I had a commute. I've got a break between school terms here, and I WAS looking forward to it until it got here. Wife and kids are at school all day, and I've got nothing to do but ride and smile all day... how boring.  :)

Offline Texanrider

• There's no excuse for what I am about to do...
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2011, 09:27:38 PM »
Changed the gear oil, then took her for a 65 mile ride.  :D
09 Boulevard C50
95 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2011, 10:34:27 PM »
Arrived home Saturday morning after night shift and crashed. In the afternoon over my 'morning coffee', decided to change the oil, so I pulled the lowers, warmed her
up and pulled the drain plugs, then the filter. Rifled through the garage until I found my last stashed filter from a deal a few years back, and replaced it. But, I realized
that I must have thrown out the washer between the spring and filter during the last change, so I searched for the washer size in the Clymers, no good. I posted a
request on this site, and T Cro supplied me with the info I needed, so off to the store I went. After the ride back, I sat on the ground piecing the filter assy together,
and I realized that I bought Bergman's Spoofak 1.5 yrs ago, and was waiting to run out of filters to install it. I looked at the filter in my hand and said "Nah", that's it.
Spoofak is now installed with a NAPA shortie plus a new KN air filter, and all is well in the kingdom. Next oil change will be much simpler!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:10:13 PM by Walker18 »
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2011, 05:16:59 AM »
Arrived home Saturday morning after night shift and crashed. In the afternoon over my 'morning coffee', decided to change the oil, so I pulled the lowers, warmed her
up and pulled the drain plugs, then the filter. Rifled through the garage until I found my last stashed filter from a deal a few years back, and replaced it. But, I realized
that I must have thrown out the washer between the spring and filter during the last change, so I searched for the washer size in the Clymers, no good. I posted a
request on this site, and T Cro supplied me with the info I needed, so off to the store I went. After the ride back, I sat on the ground piecing the filter assy together,
and I realized that I bought Bergman's Spoofak 1.5 yrs ago, and was waiting to run out of filters to install it. I looked at the filter in my hand and said "Nah", that's it.
Spoofak is now installed with a NAPA shortie plus a new KN air filter, and all is well in the kingdom. Next oil change will be much simpler!!
Holy Spoofak Batman :o  1.5yrs to install you spin on.  Man you have much more self control than I do.  My wife teases me all the time; I will have something opened before we get out of the stores parking lot :-\
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline ManWorkingH3r3

• Blue is the Fastest Color. :-)
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2011, 08:05:04 AM »
Man you have much more self control than I do.  My wife teases me all the time; I will have something opened before we get out of the stores parking lot :-\
Complete role reversal in my household.  I tease my wife because I can leave a mail package on the table for hours while she salivates over opening anything ASAP.  :)

On a Riding Note:  I drove to work for the second day in a row!  Insert grin here.  AND the big deal is that I teach class tonight until 9 so I have my first Ride in the Dark homeward.  Will be a cool ride home at 40F.
2001 ZG1000-a14  - a.k.a. Blue Streak  COG#9292

Offline pzak95

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2011, 06:23:55 PM »
Rode to work and back just like the day before, and the day before, and the day before etc.,etc.. Have a 42 mi. round trip commute. Luckily most of it is on country back roads away from traffic. Good place to let her rip. Got to ride someplace other than work for a change though. Got 104K mi. on my 95 Connie and I'll bet 90 % of it is to work and back. Ready to head for the hills.

Pat

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2011, 12:30:51 AM »
Holy Spoofak Batman :o  1.5yrs to install you spin on.  Man you have much more self control than I do.  My wife teases me all the time; I will have something opened before we get out of the stores parking lot :-\
Well, I know, I know... Guess I shouldn't tell you this Chris, but a year ago I had picked up one of the last Audiovox C-100 cruise controls...still in the box..
I'd sure like help with this one..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline Rockstar

• Don't call em bikers until you've seen them ride
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2011, 07:34:20 AM »
I flipped off a dumb @$$ punk in a oversized SUV who decided he was big enough to cut me off - I did this for Connie as she was pretty upset  ;)   I was able to stay cool and keep my road rage under control.  The things we do for our bikes  ::)
GL1800 my 2 up ride ZG1000 my alone time ride
Ninja EX 500 stolen by my son ride
Honda CRF off road ride
Scooter go get the mail ride

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2011, 06:36:00 AM »
Installed lighted side marker / turn signals.. Sweet!  8)
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2011, 12:28:27 PM »
Wiring up and mounting the new intrument panel today.  Installed calipers and rotors on the front end. 
Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F

Offline Jaxter

• Blue might not be fastest, but it's my favorite
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2011, 10:59:40 PM »
It was raining so I waxed it.
I've Never Had A Better Day

Offline croach1776

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2011, 03:46:55 AM »
New rear tire. Rear brake pads and flushed rear brakes with the phoenix RFI bleeder. Replaced fork oil with 12.5w oil and installed new bolts and caps on bar risers, installed new bolts on grab rails  (old ones very rusty),
Monday will do the front brakes, change oil, and flush and replace clutch fluid.  Thanks to Murphs for quick delivery of parts.
Charles K Roach Jr
COG#9094/CDA#319/50K/IBA#42837
AMA#2704431
Ya Cant Lose What Ya Never Had - Fatty Roach

Offline joelberg

• Arena
  • 70k and ticking
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2011, 12:48:32 PM »
Stripped her naked and put a teeny tiny bikini on her  ;D

Oh yeah, I took her for a good ride too.
Connie may not be the lightest, prettiest, or quickest around, but she sure gives me one heck of a ride!

Offline Ranger

« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2011, 06:38:34 PM »
Changed oil and filter. Switched to synthetic. Put on new grips. Replaced old faring screws with stainless (Murph's).
2002 Connie with Givi trunk, Avon tires,  7th gear mod, Heli bars, Throttlemeister, Rifle windscreen, and other junk. Love to pack up and hit the road. Thank goodness I'm recent retiree. :-)

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2011, 06:51:11 PM »
parked it in the garage after a GREAT 1000 mile weekend...Finally got 3 SUNNY days in a row & temps over 70 degrees!!! 
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2011, 03:13:23 PM »
Took off my winter wing fairings and installed the stock scoop  in reverse today.  It has been in the 90's the two days here.

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2011, 05:28:10 PM »
Took the week off; adjusted the shock rebound for my weight, added a little air to the shock, and went for a 320 mile ride to & in the GA/TN/NC mtns and rode the Cherohala Skyway for  the first time. nIt was a VERY nice day! Connie did well: 320 miles on 7 gallons = 45 mpg. Not only is Red fast, apparently it is frugal. Now...what to do tomorrow?....
2014 C-14 Red

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2011, 05:39:05 PM »
Found a crack in the front wheel... :'(
'02 C-10