Author Topic: Ultimate cycle in Richmond VA Route 60 west  (Read 4890 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Ultimate cycle in Richmond VA Route 60 west
« on: December 19, 2014, 11:51:55 AM »
I had to abort an installation out in Cumberland, VA today and got the chance to stop by and thank Pete for working with all of us on the extended warranties.  Very nice individual and it was a pleasure to talk to him.  Anyone on the fence on getting the extended warranty should communicate with him before the end of the year as things might change a bit or may not as these things go, but as my sig says 'Word to the Wise..'.

He did say he is getting in a 2002 C10 that will be up for sale soon and he still has two 13 model C14s in stock at a decent price.  Stop by and say hello if you get the chance.

Ultimate Cycle has been rated the #6 Kwakers dealer in the country by Kwakers...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Ultimate cycle in Richmond VA Route 60 west
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 01:45:24 PM »
I had to abort an installation out in Cumberland, VA today and got the chance to stop by and thank Pete for working with all of us on the extended warranties.  Very nice individual and it was a pleasure to talk to him.  Anyone on the fence on getting the extended warranty should communicate with him before the end of the year as things might change a bit or may not as these things go, but as my sig says 'Word to the Wise..'.

He did say he is getting in a 2002 C10 that will be up for sale soon and he still has two 13 model C14s in stock at a decent price.  Stop by and say hello if you get the chance.

Ultimate Cycle has been rated the #6 Kwakers dealer in the country by Kwakers...

Thanks for stopping to talk with him Jim,
He's one of the best people I have ever dealt with in the Kaw network, he does CARE about his customers, and also us folks in COG and on the forum.
I spent about an hour shooting the breeze with him last month on the phone, one of the benefits I miss since moving from Va, I wish him the best..
Pete plays base for a really hard driving blues band....
I hope to get down there this year to see him, he even invited me to sit in and play harp and sing with his band when I come down...

Pumphouseblues.com

Sounds like a roadtrip...wooohooo

http://youtu.be/Oqt9R6-uPok

Oh yeah....

http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_songs/3928643?song_id=19930305

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 02:24:25 PM »
 :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline hlh1

• COG #548
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 03:00:28 PM »
how do I get an extended warranty? 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:18:16 PM by hlh1 »
COG #548
My bikes:  Suzuki 06 WeeStrom, Kawasaki 09 C14 ABS, 83 Suzuki GS1100ED,

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 03:02:55 PM »
If your bike is still under warranty go here... http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=225.0

If your warranty has expired you're sol.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 03:04:15 PM »
sigh...   http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=225.150

Start from the end and read up a bit and then go to the start of the thread..   This is a sticky on the Accessories board.

Offline hlh1

• COG #548
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 03:09:08 PM »
I'm the third owner and SOL...   
COG #548

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 03:10:56 PM »
Sorry to hear that but quite frankly, it's very rare to have something major go wrong with this bike.

Offline hlh1

• COG #548
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 03:13:14 PM »
Sorry to hear that but quite frankly, it's very rare to have something major go wrong with this bike.

Exactly.  thanks! 

COG #548

Offline hlh1

• COG #548
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 04:17:58 PM »
I just checked with the PO and the warranty expired last July. 
COG #548

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 04:26:09 PM »
I just checked with the PO and the warranty expired last July.

Somewhere on the Kawasaki web site you can enter your VIN and find out about your warranty (if any) and the recall status of your bike.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline hlh1

• COG #548
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 04:31:04 PM »
Somewhere on the Kawasaki web site you can enter your VIN and find out about your warranty (if any) and the recall status of your bike.

Says "no contract options available"...
COG #548

Offline clogan

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 06:34:59 PM »

Agree!

It is interesting, and sadly ironic to note on the one hand how popular warranty extensions truly are, while on the other hand reading the many accounts of service departments who are sadly lacking in professional care and/or expertise to do any repair work whatsoever!

2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 08:25:26 PM »
Pete told me that they have a state of the art hsop shop...sorry vodka talking.  If I lived down that way I surely would be doing business with them.

Offline hlh1

• COG #548
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 07:30:20 AM »
Pete told me that they have a state of the art hsop shop...sorry vodka talking.  If I lived down that way I surely would be doing business with them.

So his shop can be trusted to actually to the C14 valve correctly and give us a shim map?  If so, since he's so close to me, I may never do my valves. 
COG #548

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 07:31:07 AM »
One only has to call Pete and ask him...

sailor_chic

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 07:33:40 AM »
I agree with Jim about Ultimate Cycle being a quality dealership. I bought my new '13 up there in July. It sure made for a fun ride home.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 11:09:21 AM »
So his shop can be trusted to actually to the C14 valve correctly and give us a shim map?  If so, since he's so close to me, I may never do my valves.

As Jim noted, make a call to them, the service manager who was at the old building was very attentive to service needs (Rick), and at the time I did my first valve check, he admitted they hadn't done a C14 yet, but had done numerous zx1400's, which imho is even more time consuming. I'm sure buy now they have done some, and his tech boys were reliable and effecient when I had warrenty work done there. As far as them supplying the map, I am positive that if you request it, they will supply it for certain, you have to let them know your wishes in advance tho, make sure to do that, if not, you prolly won't get it. Just be specific, they will work with you.
Also note, they have full Dyno service there, and are an authorized PCv dealer, they do some serious performance work now, so it would pay to stop in, and chat with them well in advance.... getting to know them goes a lonnnnng way to the customer/dealer interface, and once that is established you'll be golden.  Tell them I said hi.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..