Author Topic: fastest color  (Read 13052 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: fastest color
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 11:19:07 AM »
Not only does black have all of the qualities you've mentioned, it is also infused with a special stealth conditioning agent that renders LEO's radar totally ineffective! ;D (Well, that's what I keep telling myself anyway!) ;)

Good luck with that.    8)

lol, edited.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline CrashGordon

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 11:29:54 AM »
God luck with that.    8)

Yes, I think God's connie is black, now that you mention it.

Offline Fretka

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 12:25:55 PM »
Black fer sure! Also the worst for showing scratches!
Wretched excess visited upon an innocent C-14

Son of Pappy

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 12:33:18 PM »
'08 Neutron of course.  How many '09s and up have cracked 100,000 miles, or even 50,000?

I rest my case.

Offline BackInTheSaddle

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2011, 12:42:44 PM »
What color could possibly be faster than one called Neutron Silver???  Its subatomic!
Don, Apple Valley, MN
2008 C-14 ABS, AeroFlow Tall, Murph's risers with wedges, Buell pegs, Zumo 590, lowered pegs, Russell Day-Long
Previous bikes 2001 Kawi C10 (RIP), and 1981 Honda CB650
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/DonaldHollinger/MOTO/Map_zpse09bb1e5

Offline gflint

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 12:47:46 PM »
It is easy to use a little science to decide the fastest color.  Black gas tanks absorb more heat than they radiate.  So on a sunny day the fuel is hot.  Hot fuel is less efficient that cooler fuel so black cannot be the fastest on a sunny day.  So logically that would imply silver, since it reflects the sun’s rays better, would be faster than black.  But silver paint requires higher metal flake content than non-silver and therefore is heavier.  Heavier is slower.  The blue is close to black and for the same reasons that the black is slow, it also is slow.  The black bike owners (and blue to some extent) of course are going to point out that by this logic they are the fastest on non-sunny days.  Foolish people, of course they are the fastest on non-sunny days because they are the only ones on the road on non-sunny days!  So what is needed is a color that is not overly dark and does not have an excess of metal flake in it.  Why that is the burgundy of course.  How clever of me to buy a burgundy bike.  See, simple science and logic can solve any argument.

Just think how fast that burgundy bike would be without a flake in the saddle!
Keep it simple - if no one has shot at me or tried to blow me up it is a good day.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 02:32:05 PM »
As was stated in the "Lost the fastest color thread" it was determined before the crash of 2011 that the fastest color is of course RED.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 02:42:24 PM »
again, the fastest color.

And then this critter was out back and reminded me:

Too much Internet Gibbersish and arm chair racing in this thread....If you've got a faster color Connie.... bring it. Twistie road, track or drag strip, lets run 'em for fun
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline gflint

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2011, 02:59:47 PM »
Now that would be interesting.  A Connie only race at some track.  Common mods that are talked about on this blog are allowed.  No turbo psycho bikes.  No weird super sticky rubber.  Big handicap for us over 50 guys.  The fastest and the slowest split the after race beer.  I AM IN!
Keep it simple - if no one has shot at me or tried to blow me up it is a good day.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2011, 03:24:40 PM »
Now that would be interesting.  A Connie only race at some track.  Common mods that are talked about on this blog are allowed.  No turbo psycho bikes.  No weird super sticky rubber.  Big handicap for us over 50 guys.  The fastest and the slowest split the after race beer.  I AM IN!

^^^^^awesome, I knew a few out there aren't internet armchair racers, lets do it!  One of each color would be great too!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Son of Pappy

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2011, 04:12:15 PM »
Bring it!!!!  22 June, Pacific Raceways, lunch timeish--we are having and Advanced Street Skills (Yep, and ASS session), I would think Steve would be all in on this one.  If he has the cahones that Brian has, he would beat his 47hr 52 minute trip 8)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2011, 07:26:11 PM »
Bring it!!!!  22 June, Pacific Raceways, lunch timeish--we are having and Advanced Street Skills (Yep, and ASS session), I would think Steve would be all in on this one.  If he has the cahones that Brian has, he would beat his 47hr 52 minute trip 8)

LMAO! I've got lots of family and friends to see on my way across the country, and ain't leaving till July so I must humbly admit i can't touch that time. Would love to come ride with ya'll though!!!

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2011, 08:23:46 PM »
I've always known green to be the fastest color.....

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2011, 08:51:26 PM »
Nice photoshop work Mike, can you make the wheels black? That would really make it look sharp...  ;)

Offline gflint

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2011, 09:16:44 PM »
Where is Pacific Raceway?

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2011, 09:23:29 PM »

Offline gflint

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2011, 10:20:11 PM »
Oh so tempting.  But just too soon.  It is even within decent riding distance.  I will actually be in the Seattle area the week following on about the 27th on the way to Neah Bay with a couple of freinds.  I hope someone shows up and shows the true superiority of burgandy.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2011, 10:52:56 PM »
I would like to see a pair run with bags on, top cases on, and loaded up with gear. That would be a great race! If I could afford to fix stuff when it breaks, I would race mine for sure, but I'm chicken. lol
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline mkorn

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2011, 05:17:12 AM »
I dont know which one is the fastest ... but i sure think the Red one is the best looking.    ;D
2009 C14 ABS
2002 750 Nighthawk (sold)
2006 DRz 400s

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2011, 07:16:31 AM »
Nice photoshop work Mike, can you make the wheels black? That would really make it look sharp...  ;)

Not my work, someone here did it.