Author Topic: C14 Track Day  (Read 7671 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: C14 Track Day
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 04:03:27 PM »
I did a couple track days on my Connie. I checked ahead of time with my insurance agent. He checked with the parent company and they said bike is not covered at any time on any form of race track no matter the reason.

OP, you have lots of lean angle and it appears hard parts not far from hitting. Getting your head and upper body down lower and inside will help get the bike more upright for more clearance and allow for more corner speed. My avatar is from my first track day and nearly same body position as yours. Proper form comes with time and I'm still not there, yet!
I ended up getting an older CBR600RR for my track ventures. It's been a few weeks and I am jonesn' for more track time.

Matt

No surprise there.

Offline Zteve

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2013, 05:43:34 PM »
I did a couple track days on my Connie. I checked ahead of time with my insurance agent. He checked with the parent company and they said bike is not covered at any time on any form of race track no matter the reason.

OP, you have lots of lean angle and it appears hard parts not far from hitting. Getting your head and upper body down lower and inside will help get the bike more upright for more clearance and allow for more corner speed. My avatar is from my first track day and nearly same body position as yours. Proper form comes with time and I'm still not there, yet!
I ended up getting an older CBR600RR for my track ventures. It's been a few weeks and I am jonesn' for more track time.

Matt
Hey there's a few more degrees before the feelers touch  ;D Once I got used to the track layout I was leaning with the best of em. The Connie is a big girl and hard to straddle ;). The bars are a little high to get down very low but the big bike can definitely lean.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 10:14:01 PM »
Nice pics!

bike coverage on track? depends on the insurance company.  track days are  considered "rider training" by some.  and I'm not an insurance agent nor expert but I've been covered on the track before. 
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 04:59:14 AM »
for my track days, progressive confirmed that if it was for rider training and skills and not competitive than i was covered.
have about 50hrs of track time, no issues though to test the insurance out.

Offline orangewingnut

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 02:20:38 PM »
Did a track day with the C14. Some of the sport bikes found it very hard to get by the big bike. Ha Ha!

i did a track day yesterday at NJ Motorsports Park in Millville, NJ. It was a Tony's track day. Great experience and i would recommend it to anyone that wants to improve their steet riding. Great instructors and lots of track time.

Bill

Offline Zteve

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 02:31:51 PM »
i did a track day yesterday at NJ Motorsports Park in Millville, NJ. It was a Tony's track day. Great experience and i would recommend it to anyone that wants to improve their steet riding. Great instructors and lots of track time.

Bill

Absolutely  :chugbeer:

Offline marku8a

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 09:30:26 PM »
speaking for the school I work for we have 2-3 Advanced Street Skills on a track, it isn't a track day, it is a day about enhancing the cornering skills that keep killing riders at an alarming rate.  Discovering the vanishing point, entry speed, entry point, body positioning, and everything else that goes into a successfull corner on the street.

I attended a Keith Code 2 day class a few years ago at Willow Springs CA. This was before my Connie on a CBR 929. I have been riding a very long time but learned a lot at the class. The Vanishing point technique is something I hadn't heard about before. Also learned to look very far ahead, more so than most people are accustomed to. Both techniques are transferable to everyday street riding and pretty amazing at minimizing surprises. In fact I find myself doing the same driving and cycling. I am thinking of taking the Code classes again except on my Connie.

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 06:41:57 PM »
Vanishing point is clues as to direction of road as soon as possible.  Be it the edge of the road, tree lines, power lines, or anything that may be an indicator.  Heck, sometimes it's a lack of something.  Example, you come around a corner and off in the distance you see the right lip of the road longer than the left, indicates a left handed corner.  Nothing rock solid, but helpful in setting up early for the next bend in the road.