Author Topic: Kawasaki survey after dealer visit...  (Read 4062 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Kawasaki survey after dealer visit...
« on: August 13, 2013, 05:03:22 AM »
I recently took my bike in to the local Kwak dealer here to have the valves checked and some other things done.  I received a phone call and email survey from Kwak Central on how I was treated there and what I thought of the process.  I graded them highly (Village Motorsports in Unionville, VA).

Now my question is to those who've had bad experiences at dealers (we've had more than a few), did you get the phone call and email survey and if so did you give them a piece of your mind?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

Re: Kawasaki survey after dealer visit...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 05:08:15 AM »
Kwak Central will only send out those surveys to folks they know had a good experience.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 05:12:46 AM »
Right... :D , but I hope that's not true.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 08:35:18 AM »
I had work done at Ultimate Cycle in Richmond, but never had a survey. I haven't had work done at Village Motorsports, but I have had great customer service for accessories. If I have any other work to be done it will be at Village.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 05:19:34 PM »
Thats odd, ultimat is in my opinion a premier top tier dealership, have nothing bad to say about any service, but the only stuff I had done was warrenty. With that said, they were expedient, didn't waste time, never heald my bike hostage awaiting parts, ordered stuff in advance, oh, and they also offer the GTPP I have postd elsewhere.
My question is, did they do something to put you off, or is the other dealer just closer/more convenient?

Need to know, and if there was a problem, please notify Pete, the owner.... won't be the first time he fired someone for messin with his clientell

Jim, I have always gotten a followup call from K after each warrenty repair, but you know me well enough to know I don't pay people to "work" on my bike, so pay repairs don't count yet on me...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Shoe

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 06:26:15 PM »
I've never had a call or a survey.
Eat corn. Drill for oil.

2008 Concours, 2010 Goldwing

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 04:06:54 AM »
I may just call them (Village) and ask why the follow-up because it's seeming to me that this is more of an aberration than the norm.  I would love to see all the dealers get this follow-up instead of it being haphazard so to speak.

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 07:04:24 PM »
Thats odd, ultimat is in my opinion a premier top tier dealership, have nothing bad to say about any service, but the only stuff I had done was warrenty. With that said, they were expedient, didn't waste time, never heald my bike hostage awaiting parts, ordered stuff in advance, oh, and they also offer the GTPP I have postd elsewhere.
My question is, did they do something to put you off, or is the other dealer just closer/more convenient?

No, I had no problem with Ultimate. In fact they were great! I hung around and shot the breeze with the staff and they were really nice and I enjoyed the conversation. I had a similar experiance at Village and the only reason I said I'd go there next is because it's a little closer and the ride there is easier from Fredericksburg than going through Richmond.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 08:21:12 PM »
You got that right...

Offline Arata

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 08:07:27 PM »
I had some warranty work done last year at my local dealership and they F'd it all up.

I got a call from mamma Kaw and told them what went on.

The dealer called almost immediately.

I told them to pound sand and they were never touching my bike again.

2014 V Strom 1000
2008 C14
2004 ZRX1200R
1993 GSXR 1100

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 04:36:38 AM »
I had some warranty work done last year at my local dealership and they F'd it all up.

I got a call from mamma Kaw and told them what went on.

The dealer called almost immediately.

I told them to pound sand and they were never touching my bike again.

Care to share some details of the :censored: up work?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Arata

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 08:31:44 AM »
Care to share some details of the :censored: up work?

New rotors were installed along with the second rear brake recall.

There was no loc tite on any of the bolts and they were anywhere from snug to so tight I had to use an impact driver to remove a few.

The  brake light was constantly on from the switch not being re adjusted.

I felt kinda bad because the advisor was helpful in getting the rotors replaced, but he was totally screwed by his "techs".
2014 V Strom 1000
2008 C14
2004 ZRX1200R
1993 GSXR 1100

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 10:01:08 AM »
No loctite on the rotor bolts?  They're supposed to be torqued to a specific value.  Don't they come with the loctite pre-installed?

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 10:10:14 AM »
My FOB does my dealer surveys, wait, I haven't been sent one or called in regards  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline bunchabull

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 03:27:01 PM »
I just bought a 2013 C14 and got a phone call and follow up email survey. I was honest. I wasn't happy that Kipass only works half of the time on a brand new bike. Also, I went to install a battery tender and discovered that the battery was installed backwards. Upon arriving home and familiarizing myself with the machine I discovered the seat wasn't even latched to the motorcycle. Dealer prep obviously sucked.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 04:24:08 PM »
I just bought a 2013 C14 and got a phone call and follow up email survey.

Welcome and congrats!!

I was honest. I wasn't happy that Kipass only works half of the time on a brand new bike.

If you supply more info, we can help explain or troubleshoot.

Also, I went to install a battery tender and discovered that the battery was installed backwards. Upon arriving home and familiarizing myself with the machine I discovered the seat wasn't even latched to the motorcycle. Dealer prep obviously sucked.

Yep, when I got mine from the dealer, the headlights were pointed into the ground and the tire pressures were insane (like 55 or something).  I called the dealer and complained that if I am forced to pay for "dealer prep" then it should be done correctly.  I can't remember if I ever got a new-owner sales survey from Kawasaki... I don't think I did.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 04:39:06 PM »
I'm quite surprised that the dealer installed the battery backwards.  One would think that by now, they would know how to install it (mine was backwards but it was just after the bike came out).

Offline Arata

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 04:45:41 PM »
I think about half of the C14s on the planet have or had the battery installed wrong.
2014 V Strom 1000
2008 C14
2004 ZRX1200R
1993 GSXR 1100

Offline bunchabull

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 05:46:46 PM »
Thanks Maxtog. I just finished charging the battery. It took two days on a trickle charger to come up to full charge so I think it was pretty depleted. I'm hoping that was the issue. If I keep having problems, I will let you know.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 06:26:01 AM »
The dealer's techs are STILL installing batteries on these bikes backwards?  :banghead:

Mine was too and when I called the dealer to tell him about it he said that's impossible, the bike would never start or run. I had to explain it to him that the battery wasn't hooked up backwards just installed that way. He said to bring it in and they'd make it right. I told him too late, I did it myself.