Author Topic: C-14 boards  (Read 11643 times)

Offline MrPepsi

Re: C-14 boards
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
Thank you, Brent.

I was a little shocked it took this long.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2012, 02:55:04 PM »
I'm still at work... ;)   Oh, you mean someone mentioning the other site, don't you?  Hmmmmm, you're right.  It did take awhile didn't it?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2012, 03:02:09 PM »
I was a little shocked it took this long.

Yeah yeah, I know why.
but its still a good board.
Just not near as good as this one.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2012, 03:37:17 PM »
I'm still at work... ;)   Oh, you mean someone mentioning the other site, don't you?  Hmmmmm, you're right.  It did take awhile didn't it?

Hmmm, I just noticed that...   Funny how that is eh?     :-X
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2012, 04:01:34 PM »
I just hope people don't forget we all have interest in the C-14 and C-10 and motorcycles in general. Please try to not perpetuate the poor sportsmanship.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2012, 04:03:38 PM »
I just hope people don't forget we all have interest in the C-14 and C-10 and motorcycles in general. Please try to not perpetuate the poor sportsmanship.

You're right of course Brent. From what I've seen, we just joke about it a bit over here. Over there, it's more than just something to joke about...

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2012, 04:07:52 PM »
Sadly.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2012, 04:18:37 PM »
Actually I did see someone post a link to here from there and no one got bent out of shape there that I could tell.  Bob isn't that bad, but there are a few things that set him off, like KIPASS.

Members occasionally post links to there from here but I haven't seen any negativity.

Good, Bad or Indifferent; that is how I found this forum.   8)
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2012, 04:21:27 PM »
I get on both forums and post on both when I got something to write.  I don't have a favorite  :grouphug:   :)
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2012, 07:23:31 PM »
Excessive censorship and lack of the COG exec staff doing anything about it is why I no longer participate in the cog-online site.  Just because a topic is potentially controversial, or not what a mod likes to see discussed, is no reason to delete posts or entire threads.  If they must, then they should lock them with an explanation, but just outright deleting them is too much for me.

I figured COG needs me more than I need them.  Sad thing for me to say, but that's where I am now.  And, of course, that means I get to grace all of you with my presence.   ::)  Anyone feeling special now?  :D

--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2012, 07:56:10 PM »
Anyone feeling special now?  :D

Very! 
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2012, 08:22:15 PM »
Well, in the interest of being reasonable, I must point out that COG is an entirely volunteer organization and it is not as if there are dozens of people stepping up to do various tasks, especially qualified people. So they make use of what is available as most all of us do in 'real life'; there are almost always correct and proper tools to do every task but look at how much time and effort we devote to conjuring up ways around that. I mean there must be 12 different 'home made' ways around using a true axle tool to remove the front axle on a C-14 but few of them are really better than the right tool, just close at hand and cheaper. So while there are COG folk in high places who know about and try to do something about the situation, it is simply not possible to cast everyone aside who does something(s) that are not quite in the best interest of the group; often there is just no one else willing to step up to the job.

And as it is with most things, the situation is not awful, just a bit biased and excessive IMO. But management is aware of the situation and has addressed the situation in the past and probably will do so again as the need arises.

And all of that said, the COG members I know in person are some of the nicest people I have ever met, as are the non COG concours owners that I know- certainly the best group I have ever been associated with. So in balance things are not all that bad and we all, me included, tend to pick out the part that is annoying us at the moment without really mentioning the system as a whole.

Brian

Excessive censorship and lack of the COG exec staff doing anything about it is why I no longer participate in the cog-online site.  Just because a topic is potentially controversial, or not what a mod likes to see discussed, is no reason to delete posts or entire threads.  If they must, then they should lock them with an explanation, but just outright deleting them is too much for me.

I figured COG needs me more than I need them.  Sad thing for me to say, but that's where I am now.  And, of course, that means I get to grace all of you with my presence.   ::)  Anyone feeling special now?  :D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Son of Pappy

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2012, 08:30:53 PM »
Is it Winter yet?  Or just too hot to ride?

I think I need to perform an exhaust volume test, anyone have a certified/able method?  It's been 3 1/2 years since I last checked and that was before the ZX TBs and full exhaust, I wonder how much quicker the bag will fill up and if the tape will melt any quicker?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2012, 05:04:31 AM »
Well, in the interest of being reasonable, I must point out that COG is an entirely volunteer organization and it is not as if there are dozens of people stepping up to do various tasks, especially qualified people. So they make use of what is available as most all of us do in 'real life'; there are almost always correct and proper tools to do every task but look at how much time and effort we devote to conjuring up ways around that. I mean there must be 12 different 'home made' ways around using a true axle tool to remove the front axle on a C-14 but few of them are really better than the right tool, just close at hand and cheaper. So while there are COG folk in high places who know about and try to do something about the situation, it is simply not possible to cast everyone aside who does something(s) that are not quite in the best interest of the group; often there is just no one else willing to step up to the job.

And as it is with most things, the situation is not awful, just a bit biased and excessive IMO. But management is aware of the situation and has addressed the situation in the past and probably will do so again as the need arises.

And all of that said, the COG members I know in person are some of the nicest people I have ever met, as are the non COG concours owners that I know- certainly the best group I have ever been associated with. So in balance things are not all that bad and we all, me included, tend to pick out the part that is annoying us at the moment without really mentioning the system as a whole.

Brian

There you go being reasonable again Brian! Stop it!   ;)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2012, 07:54:14 AM »
Is it Winter yet?  Or just too hot to ride?

I think I need to perform an exhaust volume test, anyone have a certified/able method?  It's been 3 1/2 years since I last checked and that was before the ZX TBs and full exhaust, I wonder how much quicker the bag will fill up and if the tape will melt any quicker?

definitely too hot to drive, ATGATT or otherwise. I just drove to Milano, Italy, for the weekend and was greeted with 95°F on the shadow and 107°F under the sun. Back to Munich, 92°F felt almost "fresh"...  :o
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2012, 10:07:33 AM »

Brian

I understand what you are saying, and completely agree.  Look how long it took to get a SW Area director (how many people live in the SW?).

However, I suspect that the "few" are preventing others from stepping up, and volunteering. 

So far, every COG member I've met and rode with have been great people too.  Last year I helped Gary (NWAD) out with a used front tire and a place and tools to swap it on the way back from a rally (his was showing cords).  I would do the same for anyone, as I think any COG member would.

If I had an excess of time on my hands, I would get more involved and try to make things better, but I really, really don't.  Given that, I chose not to support the organization, and this disappoints me greatly.
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250