Author Topic: rear hub mess  (Read 12016 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: rear hub mess
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2012, 08:18:47 AM »
They didn't help yesterday...  They're metal so they conduct heat more efficiently.  I won't say I could fry eggs (I'd have to clean it first) on mine but it was hot, hot, very hot, just short of glowing (just kidding).  The rear caliper and wheel, on the other hand, were cool.

I suggest that everyone feel their rear drive and if it's cool, they should immediately go out and ride.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2012, 08:26:55 AM »
I just felt mine and it's far too cool. I'll have to get that taken care of after breakfast.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2012, 08:30:46 AM »
Teressa and I took my bike out last night for a combo of fast freeway, low speed beach grand strand and fast freeway again across the long bridge coming back.

I didn't care how hot the gear became so I didn't check it, but the seafood was good
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Kanuk14

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2012, 06:49:53 PM »
Well the rear hub seems fine now. Yes it gets hot. Who knew!! ha ha My cousins RT was also warm but not as hot as the Connie (in more ways than one) ha ha again.
200 miles on Saturdat up in the Alberta Rockies. This bike is so nice! I swapped with the RT for about 40 miles and my cousin was just freakin out. He could not believe how sweet the Connie was.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2012, 08:02:14 PM »
To know the bike is to love it...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2012, 08:59:28 PM »
To know the bike is to love it...

To know it is to love it is to know it...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2012, 03:55:08 AM »
Let's not go all touchy feely here.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2012, 05:17:53 AM »
 :grouphug:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2012, 03:27:17 PM »
Let's not go all touchy feely here.....

To know it is to feel it is to touch it is to love it... 
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2012, 04:39:33 PM »
What's 'it' ?

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2012, 11:31:16 PM »
I think hot is ok here for the rear.....

To know it is to feel it is to touch it is to love it... 

What's 'it' ?

That's a good question gP', I've searched back through the posts and I think they're
talking in some kind of code about putting their hands on a guys hot rear end. ??  :nuts:

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2012, 06:12:06 AM »
Well if the words 'rear end lube' or 'fob' come up, run.

Brian

That's a good question gP', I've searched back through the posts and I think they're
talking in some kind of code about putting their hands on a guys hot rear end. ??  :nuts:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2012, 09:10:04 PM »
Well if the words 'rear end lube' or 'fob' come up, run.

Brian
Now what post does that remind me of.....hhmmmm....sompthin' 'bout junk in trunk?
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=4424.msg51101#msg51101

(sorry steve;)

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2012, 05:10:03 AM »
I'm glad we've all evolved and stopped calling it a "differential." :)

You don't have to clean it to cook eggs on it.  But you might want to should you want to EAT them.  :D
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384