The C-14, aka Kawasaki Concours-14, the new one :) > Accessories and modifications - C14/GTR 1400

Switchback LEDs Take 2

(1/3) > >>

mikeyw64:
Ok so following on from my original thread I've been perusing the bay of fleas and may have come up with an even easier solution.

Take qty 2 of each of the below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-1157-2057-2357-Socket-Adapter-Harness-Wiring-For-Turn-Signal-Light-Bulb-/232042260664?hash=item3606cbe8b8:g:cHsAAOSw6n5XqH~~

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pc-Amber-White-Dual-Color-Switchback-60-LED-Front-Turn-Signal-Light-Bulb-F7-/322332394267?hash=item4b0c82031b:g:LOgAAOSwPCVX5Itr

1> Remove the inner panels as previously described to gain access
2> Remove the small sub loom which has the OEM Socket on
3> Replace with the new one splicing into the original 2 pin  connector  unless someone has a source for those in which case make up a complete new loom
4> Run Wire to City Light
6> Reinstall
7> Replace Panels
6> Enjoy

NB I haven't done this but that socket looks like it should fit straight out of the box , even if it doesn't it would be easier to adapt than the rubber bung in my working install

EDIT

Sorry will also need a couple of 50w 6ohm load resistors or a different turn signal relay to prevent hyperflashing

maxtog:
Interesting, never seen a switchback BULB before!  And so freakin' cheap too.  Caution: All the cheap and all but one of the expensive amber bulbs I tested were nowhere near as bright as the incandescents they were meant to replace.

But not sure why this needed a new thread...  would be more relevant over there.

mikeyw64:

--- Quote from: maxtog on February 14, 2017, 03:43:09 PM ---Interesting, never seen a switchback BULB before!  And so freakin' cheap too.  Caution: All the cheap and all but one of the expensive amber bulbs I tested were nowhere near as bright as the incandescents they were meant to replace.

But not sure why this needed a new thread...  would be more relevant over there.

--- End quote ---

It's the neat , tidy and structured way my brain works :)

Gixerhp:
Just some input here, buying the cheaper bulbs up front is ok, they work for a while and then start losing leds.
Ive been making these kits for Hayabusa's for almost 10 years.
I also have done many sportbike mirrors, the same way, just need more patience to deal with them!
I have them for Goldwings now too.
Yes i have made changes, to what ive sold. Because i have always sold my stuff with a 2 year warranty on the bulbs and life on my install kits.
Only thing i wont cover, is if you wreck your bike and the sockets are damaged, thus why i charge what I charge for my kits.
My kit is also 100% plug and play also.
The socket you posted will work, need some modding, and are a knuckle buster to get in and out.
Good Luck, it a Great mod and works great. You might find a some feedback when you shut the bike off on some bikes, but not all. Some will click and flash 6 time every now and then, im still tring to narrow this down.
Good Luck

Oilman:
Gixerhp - do you have a suggestion for a high quality LED. I would prefer to not have the problems associated with the cheap bulbs for the switchback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version