Author Topic: Want to add yellow LED at the outside edge of mirror for turn signal  (Read 1771 times)

Offline Smokeyzx

I'm sure there is a thread for this but I spent a half hour looking and couldn't find it. I want to add a single LED on the far out side of my mirrors that will blink with the turn signals. You see them a lot on new cars. Could it be as simple as buying a bright yellow LED and wiring it into the turn signal wiring? Any idea which LED would be great for that?

Thanks in advance
Colorado
2013 Blue

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV

Offline Smokeyzx

No. I'm talking about a single LED that would mount on the outside of the mirrors. You'd have to drill a hole for it.
Colorado
2013 Blue

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
No. I'm talking about a single LED that would mount on the outside of the mirrors. You'd have to drill a hole for it.

Never seen a post about that on zggtr.org.  Doesn't mean it isn't a good idea, though.  I wish the mirrors had large turn signals in them visible from front/side/back combined with a running light for front/side... it is a great place for them.  More visible to side traffic, shows bike rider that signals are on and that they work, greatly increases visibility from front and side when not signaling.

Make sure to post about it when you do it :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Smokeyzx

I think I remember seeing pic of someone else that had done it...
Colorado
2013 Blue