Author Topic: TSA  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Conrad

TSA
« on: March 06, 2013, 02:49:33 PM »
Now that the TSA is going to allow pocket knives on flights again.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/06/travel/tsa-carry-on-changes/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

motocopter

Re: TSA
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 07:47:09 PM »
Now that the TSA is going to allow pocket knives on flights again.

I want my little Swiss Army knife replaced!   >:(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 04:53:44 AM »
I want my little Swiss Army knife replaced!   >:(

Hey! I think that I see your knife, check it out at the 25 second mark. Maybe you can buy it back?

TSA making bucks off your stuff
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

motocopter

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 07:42:52 AM »
   ^    ^    ^    ^

:yikes:

Yeah!

At a different airport they got a Snap-On t-handle ball hex wrench - it was longer than seven inches they claimed. My less than seven inch t-handle helicoil tang remover was acceptable. Those things are just as lethal, and maybe more. Oh well.

They may have actually prevented some nut jobs from trying anything stupid.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 08:08:25 AM »
At a different airport they got a Snap-On t-handle ball hex wrench - it was longer than seven inches they claimed. My less than seven inch t-handle helicoil tang remover was acceptable. Those things are just as lethal, and maybe more. Oh well.

They may have actually prevented some nut jobs from trying anything stupid.
I've seen some fairly lethal instruments made out of 6" plastic toothbrushes and combs.  Heck, give me a few minutes with a disposable razor, a toothbrush, and a heat source and I can make weapons every bit as dangerous as the box cutters that the terrorists used on 9/11.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline leyenda30

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 08:47:42 AM »
The last time I flew to pickup a bike, the lady ahead of me had a full silverware set ...like twelve knives forks etc. ...no problem...like no way I could take my 2" pocket knife. WOW!
08 Kawasaki Concours
05 Honda VTX
07 Husky SM610 sold

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 04:19:36 PM »
I carry a Spyderco in my pocket all the time when home but I also travel a lot on business. So a couple of times I have forgotten about the knife but always catch it before entering security. Once in Denver I had parked in a remote lot and absolutely did not have time to put the knife back in the car so I hid it in a big plant in the terminal. I went on my 3 day trip, came back and sure enough the knife was still there. Another time in Albuquerque I gave the knife to a janitor in the terminal. He seemed happy to have. Rather he got it than TSA.