Author Topic: Avon Azaro AV46ST's Who's runnin them ?  (Read 6643 times)

Offline gtr1000

• Arena
Re: Avon Azaro AV46ST's Who's runnin them ?
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 10:32:56 PM »
IIRC, the Scorcher 31 is belted and the latest Scorcher 11 is radial. Don't quote me on this one though  :-\.
Paul OTP (near Windsor, GB).

06 C-10, 2009 to .....
A5 C-10, 2000 to 2009.

Offline Squishman

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 03:50:06 PM »
I was told by the HD dealer that the Michelin Scorcher 31 is the same tire as the Commander. Michelob just changed the name.
Did I say Michelob? I am having a Golden Draft Light now. ha
Todd
Eagan, MN
Photos of my 1999 Conk: http://s751.photobucket.com/home/Squishman/index
Fav farkles: custom-cut Corbin Seat, Sonic 1.2's, Sisf's righteous carb work, Yamaha ATV bars, Spoofak, Rifle Shield, Stick Coils.

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 04:47:35 PM »
I have Avon Azaro tires

Bought them knowing that grip, not mileage, is my number one priority for tires (on my bikes and my Miata)

I'm very happy with them

Only you know your priorities, every tire is a compromise, just pick your criteria and ride within the limits that imposes

+1.  I would rather have the grip and pay for tires more often.  I have a Vstar cruiser and the tires are one of my biggest complaint.  No tire that fits it feels sticky enough to me to feel comfortable riding aggresively at all.  Makes for a boring ride most of the time.  I even looked for ST tires that would fit it and it wasn't happening.  SO I too will take the grip over mileaage.

Offline kawamark

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 01:47:30 PM »
Had an AV46 rear in the stock size delivered today for 130.99 including shipping from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. Got it in three days.

+1 on Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. They had the best price, delivery, and customer service.
Mark L. Johnson

Offline Squishman

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 07:31:42 AM »
I found a Mich Commander on eBay for $100 yesterday. I bought it. It was too good of a deal to pass on. So now I have 2 new rears, supposedly the same tire (Scorcher and Commander).
I'll be able to put them side by side and see how they line up when the Commander comes in the mail.
Todd
Eagan, MN
Photos of my 1999 Conk: http://s751.photobucket.com/home/Squishman/index
Fav farkles: custom-cut Corbin Seat, Sonic 1.2's, Sisf's righteous carb work, Yamaha ATV bars, Spoofak, Rifle Shield, Stick Coils.