Author Topic: No spark  (Read 2116 times)

Offline snarf

• Arena
No spark
« on: April 28, 2013, 02:48:32 PM »
I picked up a huge contract with my metal tab business and it has been taking up all my spare time. I decided enough was enough. Time to get the bike from under wraps. 2002 conc; it was stored with fresh fuel and marine grade stabil. Battery was on a tender all winter.
Now it cranks just fine but zero spark. I have T- Crow's coils.
I haven't done much investigation yet. The 10amp ignition fuse is good, headlights come on when starter is pressed.
I'm going back out now; just wanted to get a head start with what the collective thought.
Geez we went from winter straight to summer now I HAVE TO RIDE.
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline qman

• Autobahn Motors
Re: No spark
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 02:56:07 PM »
Sorry for these questions but.... did you prime the fuel bowels? Did you pull a coil and physically check for spark?
The next step would be to check the battery voltage while cranking. If it's 9.6 volts or less you will not produce any spark. The reason I beleive is that, the lower the voltage the higher the amperage required to fire things off and that would cook the ignitor. So I believe it is a fail safe.
hth

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 03:01:15 PM »
Yes sir, primed the bowls. Pulled all the plugs and checked each one to ground, no spark.
Battery is a touch low. I am reading 11.7 across the 10  Amp ignition fuse.
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 03:10:07 PM »
Found it. Bad ignition module. Pulled the one off of my 86 and she fired right up.
Looks like I'm off to the wanted section.
2002 Conc

Offline MetrickMetal

• MetrickMetal Custom Motorcycle Parts
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 06:49:46 PM »
Found it. Bad ignition module. Pulled the one off of my 86 and she fired right up.
Looks like I'm off to the wanted section.

Isn't it great when you quickly find the source of the problem.  :)
www.MetrickMetal.com custom motorcycle parts
Custom naked 07 Suzuki Bandit GSF1250S/AK7
In the process of resurrecting an 02 C10