Author Topic: A Year Later  (Read 20728 times)

Offline mikeb2411

Re: A Year Later
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2015, 10:03:38 PM »
I agree connieboy, Mike is in riders heaven.  All he has to do is hit 33 north over
Pine Mountain and turn left to New Cuyama for a burger or turn right on 166 for
a piece of pie in Maracopa. 
  It sounds like his 14 Connie is coming along nicely.  I broke two new bikes in on Hwy 33 when I lived over there for 17 years and my first trip on my 2010 C14 I
took it to our house in Santa Paula and did several trips over 33 just for break-in.

Great country!

Mick

Hey Mick, do you ever make it out to Santa Paula? My dad lives there...I ride over Hwy 150 and visit him on the weekends and then continue on through Ventura and up to Carp around Lake Casitas or wherever I decide to go at the time.

I do love the ride over Hwy 33 to Pine Mountain and down into Lockwood or out to Maricopa or anywhere in that area. The fun ride is over 33 and out through Ventucopa and then left and out to Solvang. The ride through the wineries on the way to Solvang  is pretty amazing!

Mike
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline KawiMick

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2015, 09:29:25 AM »
Hey Mick, do you ever make it out to Santa Paula? My dad lives there...I ride over Hwy 150 and visit him on the weekends and then continue on through Ventura and up to Carp around Lake Casitas or wherever I decide to go at the time.
  Yes, we get out there a couple times a year, I keep my  BMW K-Bike out there so I always have a bike to ride and don't have to cross that miserable
Mojave desert.  I'll give you a shout when we get there around Thanksgiving. 
  Another good ride is over 33 to Cerro Noroeste and then back to Lockwood
Valley road or into Frazier Park.  http://lateralg.org/roads/sbarbara/12.htm
No traffic and great corners.  I used to have Fridays off and rode from Simi Valley to Pine Mtn Inn for breakfast almost every Friday morning.  Some mornings I'd have to break the ice in the toilet to use it at the restaurant. (the toilets were out back and not heated).   My kid and I rode up there last year about this time and ran into the owner (Tom Wolf), who told us he hoped to be open again this year some time.  He was closed by the county after they had a wild fire a few years ago. 
  That ride up 33 and left on 166 to Santa Maria is pretty good when trying to escape the heat.  You can feel the sea breeze about halfway to Santa Maria and then coastal weather all the way down to 246, left to Solvang (my wife was born there) and then right on 154 to 192 Cathedral Oaks Rd to 150 and back to Ojai and down through Santa Paula.

Mick
'84 R100RS Pearl White Last Edition
'93 K1100LT Astral Blue Metallic
'96 R1100RT Sine Blue  Tucson,AZ/Santa Paula,CA
'10 C14 Candy Neptune Blue         Born OK the First Time

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2015, 09:32:24 AM »
  Yes, we get out there a couple times a year, I keep my  BMW K-Bike out there so I always have a bike to ride and don't have to cross that miserable
Mojave desert.  I'll give you a shout when we get there around Thanksgiving. 
  Another good ride is over 33 to Cerro Noroeste and then back to Lockwood
Valley road or into Frazier Park.  http://lateralg.org/roads/sbarbara/12.htm
No traffic and great corners.  I used to have Fridays off and rode from Simi Valley to Pine Mtn Inn for breakfast almost every Friday morning.  Some mornings I'd have to break the ice in the toilet to use it at the restaurant. (the toilets were out back and not heated).   My kid and I rode up there last year about this time and ran into the owner (Tom Wolf), who told us he hoped to be open again this year some time.  He was closed by the county after they had a wild fire a few years ago. 
  That ride up 33 and left on 166 to Santa Maria is pretty good when trying to escape the heat.  You can feel the sea breeze about halfway to Santa Maria and then coastal weather all the way down to 246, left to Solvang (my wife was born there) and then right on 154 to 192 Cathedral Oaks Rd to 150 and back to Ojai and down through Santa Paula.

Mick

Haha...you know it well!

Tom Wolf...is that the Tom Wolf that worked for the Ventura County Sheriff's Dept. at one point?

Definitely let me know when you're here and we can go for a ride!

Mike
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE