Author Topic: A Year Later  (Read 20748 times)

Offline connie14boy

Re: A Year Later
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2015, 06:23:58 PM »
Trust me when I tell you I have had my battles too! I've had the EXACT same conversations and have the same feelings...I'm not putting the bike down, NO WAY! I think she finally gave in because I can pretty persisitant ;D and I am sure she was SICK of hearing it! And then, to top things off, I start farkling and I can't stop :o! She HATES that! But, I keep fighting for it and somehow I end getting what I want...uhum...what I need ;)!

It was just the other day that I told her I am going to move into a new bike when the 2017 models come out and she said "that's fine"...she even said she'll go with me to help pick it out becasue she does like to ride with me! I THINK I"M WEARING HER DOWN :chugbeer:!!!

She will probably want you to buy a double-butt Old Wing- there goes all the fun- then you will be totally P/whipped.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2015, 02:39:08 PM »
She will probably want you to buy a double-butt Old Wing- there goes all the fun- then you will be totally P/whipped.

That'll NEVER happen! Regarding the Stubby (as Brian would say, "easy boys") and it's being louder...my wife wanted me to get a Harley when I started discussing bikes with her so she will have to live with the "stubby"...LOL...EASY BOYS!!!!
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2015, 03:22:39 PM »
So Ted did something to his can, eh?
He was experimenting with off-road 'dB killer' inserts, and even started a thread about it. But didn't follow up on it to know what happened. His wife (as a passenger) and neighbors weren't happy about the noise, for what I remember. So he was trying to fix that without replacing the can. And he didn't order the stubby ;).

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2015, 09:48:57 AM »
Can you let us know how loud that one is?    I wonder how much of a decibel difference there is between the 14" and 18"?

I used a "Noise Meter" app from my phone and tested the sound from the stock pipe. I held the phone near the back of the bike and above the pipe at seat level (where the passenger sits). The stock pipe was approximately 78dB's at idle and at 5000RPM it read 87-88dB's. This was done in my garage with the door open and nothing going on in the background (no cars driving by, no one doing yard work...pretty quiet when I did this test). I will post what the "stubby" does when I put it on the bike...hopefully Wednesday night!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2015, 11:30:59 AM »
That'll NEVER happen! Regarding the Stubby (as Brian would say, "easy boys") and it's being louder...my wife wanted me to get a Harley when I started discussing bikes with her so she will have to live with the "stubby"...LOL...EASY BOYS!!!!

My wife says she's been living with stubby ever since we got married.   :-[
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2015, 11:31:42 AM »
My wife says she's been living with stubby ever since we got married.   :-[

LOL...I hear that!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2015, 02:32:44 PM »
Received my Delkevic slip-on yesterday and installed it last night. I ended up buying the 14" Carbon Fiber Stubby and happy I did! Installation was easy and I love the look of the new slip-on and the sound of my bike now...LOVE IT!

There some "inconsistencies" with the information on slip-on's though. For instance...improved fuel economy...yeah, right  :loco:! I couldn't stop twisting the throttle today...it sounds so good and the more I twisted the better it sounded  :cool:! AND the claim of improved HP is only because the bike sounds better the more the throttle is twisted so people twist it more than they did with the stock pipe which...creates more HP :rotflmao:!

In all seriousness, I love the new slip-on and am very happy with the Delkevic product and would highly recommend them. I was a bit concerned that the 14" Stubby would be too loud but I don't think it is and think it sounds PERFECT!

http://vid12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/mikeb2411/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/20150916_195235_zpsv0vwiskt.mp4
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2015, 03:23:23 PM »
It looks good! 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2015, 03:27:45 PM »
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2015, 04:06:34 PM »
Good- glad that you are having a positive farkeling beginning. Not to worry though, one more farkle and you will be able to stop and be completely satisfied (yep, that's the ticket). Virtually all of us here have just the two farkles, the first one and.... the rest of them.  :rotflmao:

Brian

Received my Delkevic slip-on yesterday and installed it last night. I ended up buying the 14" Carbon Fiber Stubby and happy I did! Installation was easy and I love the look of the new slip-on and the sound of my bike now...LOVE IT!

There some "inconsistencies" with the information on slip-on's though. For instance...improved fuel economy...yeah, right  :loco:! I couldn't stop twisting the throttle today...it sounds so good and the more I twisted the better it sounded  :cool:! AND the claim of improved HP is only because the bike sounds better the more the throttle is twisted so people twist it more than they did with the stock pipe which...creates more HP :rotflmao:!

In all seriousness, I love the new slip-on and am very happy with the Delkevic product and would highly recommend them. I was a bit concerned that the 14" Stubby would be too loud but I don't think it is and think it sounds PERFECT!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2015, 04:12:51 PM »
Good- glad that you are having a positive farkeling beginning. Not to worry though, one more farkle and you will be able to stop and be completely satisfied (yep, that's the ticket). Virtually all of us here have just the two farkles, the first one and.... the rest of them.  :rotflmao:

Brian

Oh Brian, this is the end of my farkling. I've farkled so much that the money tree has stopped producing (the wife took it away..she cut it down and burned it!)! I've added all I need to add plus I am planning on keeping this bike until end-of-next-year and then it's off to either a 2017 Connie or Trophy...whichever tugs at me the hardest!

Because of all this farkling I will know what to add to my next Connie should that be the direction I go when it's time!

Mike
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2015, 04:27:53 PM »
But that's the great thing about farkling the C14, most is purchased online using a plastic card. No money needed.  ;D

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2015, 04:32:15 PM »
But that's the great thing about farkling the C14, most is purchased online using a plastic card. No money needed.  ;D

LOL...so true but those went along with the money tree!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2015, 09:18:57 PM »
LOL...so true but those went along with the money tree!

Fully P/whipped...

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2015, 09:31:08 PM »
Fully P/whipped...

True... :rotflmao: ...so true! :'(
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2015, 10:13:15 AM »

+1!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2015, 02:55:12 PM »
I used a "Noise Meter" app from my phone and tested the sound from the stock pipe. I held the phone near the back of the bike and above the pipe at seat level (where the passenger sits). The stock pipe was approximately 78dB's at idle and at 5000RPM it read 87-88dB's. This was done in my garage with the door open and nothing going on in the background (no cars driving by, no one doing yard work...pretty quiet when I did this test). I will post what the "stubby" does when I put it on the bike...hopefully Wednesday night!

Looks and sounds good Mike!

Have you had a chance to get the dB #s for Stubby to compare with the stock ones?  Thanks.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2015, 04:15:16 PM »
Looks and sounds good Mike!

Have you had a chance to get the dB #s for Stubby to compare with the stock ones?  Thanks.

Thanks!

I did it but don't know how "true" the numbers were. It idled at 86dB's and when rev'd to 5000 rpm it read 92dB's.

I did it twice and got the same results.

So, according to the numbers it idles quite a bit louder thank stock but when rev'd it doesn't change a whole lot.

BTW, the 14" Stubby DOES pop some during decel. Not all the time and not a lot but it does pop.
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2015, 07:13:29 PM »
True... :rotflmao: ...so true! :'(

Regardless of being whipped, you seem like a guy that can take a good hearted ribbing and I like that. By the way, IMHO Ojai is one of the most beautiful places in California, and one of my personal top places to ride in the U.S.

Offline KawiMick

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2015, 09:06:57 PM »
Regardless of being whipped, you seem like a guy that can take a good hearted ribbing and I like that. By the way, IMHO Ojai is one of the most beautiful places in California, and one of my personal top places to ride in the U.S.
I agree connieboy, Mike is in riders heaven.  All he has to do is hit 33 north over
Pine Mountain and turn left to New Cuyama for a burger or turn right on 166 for
a piece of pie in Maracopa. 
  It sounds like his 14 Connie is coming along nicely.  I broke two new bikes in on Hwy 33 when I lived over there for 17 years and my first trip on my 2010 C14 I
took it to our house in Santa Paula and did several trips over 33 just for break-in.

Great country!

Mick
'84 R100RS Pearl White Last Edition
'93 K1100LT Astral Blue Metallic
'96 R1100RT Sine Blue  Tucson,AZ/Santa Paula,CA
'10 C14 Candy Neptune Blue         Born OK the First Time