Author Topic: If you could...  (Read 9903 times)

Offline EZ

If you could...
« on: April 28, 2016, 03:27:38 PM »
Go back and see any band/musician that is no longer with us, who would you choose and why? Watching David Gilmour live in Poland (on TV) and thinking, I REALLY hope I have an opportunity to see one of his performances while he is still making it happen. Got me thinking how many I wish I would have seen when I could... I know there are more than one for most and that goes for me as well but if only one, who would it be? For me it would be SRV. For a guy that never learned how to read music he sure knew how to shred Stratocaster. RIP Stevie  :chugbeer:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: If you could...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 04:09:36 PM »
Mozart :)     And Queen.  Probably several others...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 04:18:56 PM »
hmmmmm
that is a tough one... it would have to be someone I never got a chance to see live before they cashed in....

at this point, I guess I'd have to say Janis Joplin... as I never saw her live, pretty much every other dead Rocker or interesting Blues person "in my lifetime", I have seen...

Oh, I narrowed it to the above... "in my lifetime" ...as there would be too many to lament over if I included all the ones that died before I was born.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 05:36:10 PM »
I saw Harry Chapin live in 1978 (?) or thereabouts.Best concert I ever saw. Lasted 3.5 hours. The band took two breaks, but Harry never did and never repeated a song. Just pulled up a stool and played the guitar while the band took a break.

He was killed not too long after. Miss that guy's music.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 06:20:59 PM »
"Harry, that sucks." Great live performer.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline BMahar

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 06:43:44 PM »
 Marilyn Monroe singing to President Kennedy.   :P
2011 Concours ABS, Black

Offline Bergmen

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 07:38:53 PM »
Simon and Garfunkel, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin (saw them once at Kezar Stadium in San Francisco but they were so far away we could hardly see them and the acoustics were horrible).

Dan

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 08:01:48 PM »
The Rat Pack...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 08:11:36 PM »
Ritchie Valens, the Big Bopper, Buddy Holly

As for why, these boys were a key movement in rock and roll,
and we lost them all on one snowy night flight..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 11:18:49 PM »
Go back and see any band/musician that is no longer with us, who would you choose and why? Watching David Gilmour live in Poland
For me it would be SRV.

I'd swear you were my long lost ugly twin brother.

Floyd and SRV are the only two I wished I'd seen. Floyd after The Wall tour, SRV at any time
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline O.C.

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 02:33:54 AM »
Band would be Queen

Artiste would be Joe Cocker
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline EZ

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 04:41:16 AM »
I'd swear you were my long lost ugly twin brother.

Floyd and SRV are the only two I wished I'd seen. Floyd after The Wall tour, SRV at any time

:chugbeer:   

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 05:15:57 AM »
Simon and Garfunkel, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin (saw them once at Kezar Stadium in San Francisco but they were so far away we could hardly see them and the acoustics were horrible).

Dan

Paul and Art are still alive!   ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 08:09:14 AM »
I saw PF Dark Side of the Moon tour and Division Bell. Outstanding live performances and you should not miss them if you ever get the chance.

But back to the question. I would have liked to have seen the Beatles, Jimi  and Zeppelin. But if only one, I guess I would go with Jimi.

Offline Bergmen

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 09:56:13 AM »
Paul and Art are still alive!   ;)

Yeah, I took "no longer with us" as "no longer performing".

Dan

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 10:02:52 AM »
If I'm going to go back in time to see/hear a musical performance, I'd like to go waaaay back. I would like to back to the later part of the 1700's and see the first performance of Mozart's Eine kleine Nachtmusik. I'm not a really a huge fan of classical music but this serenade is by far my favorite classical piece.

My second choice would be to see The Beatles in the studio recording either the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band or The White albums. I think that it would have been really interesting to see them recording. Plus it would irritate Gary to no end.    :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 10:17:32 AM »
Not just Gary....
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 10:18:00 AM »

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 10:22:51 AM »
If I'm going to go back in time to see/hear a musical performance, I'd like to go waaaay back. I would like to back to the later part of the 1700's and see the first performance of Mozart's Eine kleine Nachtmusik. I'm not a really a huge fan of classical music but this serenade is by far my favorite classical piece.

My second choice would be to see The Beatles in the studio recording either the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band or The White albums. I think that it would have been really interesting to see them recording. Plus it would irritate Gary to no end.    :)

+1 That would be more interesting than seeing a concert. If more people like this, does it irritate Gary even more?  ;)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 12:10:38 PM »
Again, not just Gary.

Then again, you can't help it if you have lame taste in music.  8)