Author Topic: Ok, so let's get something straight....  (Read 10411 times)

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
Re: Ok, so let's get something straight....
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2011, 12:31:58 AM »
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2011, 12:32:16 AM »
So, does this three wheeler count as a motorcycle then?

http://www.royalenfields.com/2010/12/royal-enfield-three-wheeled-motorcycle.html

I was trying to find a local 3 wheel conversion, and found this one instead:

http://www.3wheelers.com/projgal1.html

It has a Kawasaki engine at least.

Dunno how the local guy has avoided the google bots, but imagine a 70's era indycar with everything behind the seat replaced with a 70's era regular, non-harley motorcycle (sans front forks/wheel).  I really wish I had snapped a photo... it was pretty cool looking
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2011, 12:37:15 AM »
Not my neighbors:

Top pix: http://www.retiredtractors.com/Popper/Bvar.html

Rick

My dad and I used to have an old John Deere 70.  We replaced the dual front tricycle wheels with a much fatter single one, which helped a bit in our case.  That tractor liked to run and run and run... pretty impressive for a two cylinder!  It was propane powered, and the tank was specially modified so that the steering shaft passed directly through the tank from the back to the front!

Very similar to this one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16507580@N02/3775101059/#

We also had a Farmall 'M' for a bit...
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline GeeBeav

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 06:17:35 AM »
Dunno how the local guy has avoided the google bots, but imagine a 70's era indycar with everything behind the seat replaced with a 70's era regular, non-harley motorcycle (sans front forks/wheel).  I really wish I had snapped a photo... it was pretty cool looking

I've seen one, just caught a glimpse as it rode by. 'Cept the rear part appeared to be a more modern sport bike. Google turned up nothing.
In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man.

Offline Lonerider

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2011, 06:27:32 AM »
So fine, don't buy one, don't ride one. If you win one in a contest, refuse to accept it. And if one horrible day you wake up with an injury or illness that prevents you from ever again riding on 2 wheels anymore, be sure you don't buy one then either. Who really cares?

AMEN!!!
2009 ZG1400 Concours, 2003 SV1000, 1985 XV1000 Virago

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2011, 07:22:57 AM »
This is a car-

.......but I still think Spyders are cool.

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2011, 07:15:08 PM »
Tonight I brought my son to his soccer game and we walked past a semi gloss black Spyder. I tried to keep an open mind and look for the things I liked about it.
To be VERY honest it didn't appeal to me in the least. Now I know you're all saying "so it's not your cup of tea, move on"
So I had an brilliant idea. I'm going to head down to the local Spyder dealer (where ever that is) and test drive one.
I'm going to try for this weekend and see if it's possible.

Then I'll report back to you good folks with my first hand experience!

Wish me luck!

Offline incabird

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2011, 07:49:16 PM »
As for the Spyder, call what you will. Have you ever ridden one? I was able to take one on a demo ride at a bike rally and it was a blast. Half way through the ride it started to rain and then hail. No issues with stability or the fear of losing control. It does have power steering and antilock brakes. My wife had an accident on a motorcycle and has no desire to pilot one again, but she does want a Spyder. One may be in our future. If it gets her to ride than I am all for it.
2009 Red ZG14 w/typical farkels
Mentor, OH

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2011, 08:31:57 PM »
As for the Spyder, call what you will. Have you ever ridden one? I was able to take one on a demo ride at a bike rally and it was a blast. Half way through the ride it started to rain and then hail. No issues with stability or the fear of losing control. It does have power steering and antilock brakes. My wife had an accident on a motorcycle and has no desire to pilot one again, but she does want a Spyder. One may be in our future. If it gets her to ride than I am all for it.
Huh look at the post just before your's.....................  ;)

YoDoc

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2011, 08:51:33 PM »
This is a car-

.......but I still think Spyders are cool.

Anything Morgan three-wheeler related is cool, just so everybody is aware.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 05:40:26 AM by T Cro ® »