Author Topic: excuses for a Shoei Neotec [EDIT: got it!!!]  (Read 22928 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: excuses for a Shoei Neotec
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2012, 01:51:51 PM »
That does look like a nice helmet. It comes pinlock equipped and a sun visor. I may have to save some penny's and get me one. I did notice that Silverdammit is one of the colors but I guess they decided that blue was right out because it would make you too fast and they didn't want the liability.

Offline CrashGordon

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2012, 07:52:19 PM »
I tried one on the other day and I must say, it was plush and comfy. In the end, I just couldn't talk myself into spending that much and went with another full-face instead. Interesting to hear the comment on it being loud. Webbikeworld rated it good in the noise department and really loved everything about it (except the price).

Offline marku8a

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2012, 09:11:58 PM »
-I'm a long time Arai user (Quantum-2, RX-7 and currently an RX-Q) I wear a Lg and got a Lg in the Shoei. The Arai is a much more snug fit. The Shoei is much more comfortable, but it almost feels like it's too big. That could just be that I'm so used to the Arai.

This was exactly my experience trying on a couple of Neotecs in a shop. I am used to the Arai fit. The Neotec medium was too small and the large felt loose. Had one been the fit I was expecting, I probably would have gone for it.

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2012, 09:24:46 PM »
This was exactly my experience trying on a couple of Neotecs in a shop. I am used to the Arai fit. The Neotec medium was too small and the large felt loose. Had one been the fit I was expecting, I probably would have gone for it.

Mark

Can't you get thicker cheek pads etc for the Shoei's like you can for the Arai's??  ???

My wife and daughter share the same helmet (Arai Corsair V), I just swap out the head liner and check pads depending on who's wearing it...  :-\

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2012, 12:04:41 AM »

Can't you get thicker cheek pads etc for the Shoei's like you can for the Arai's??  ???

Yes, you can. For instance, when I was at the shop I tried the XL in two different colors, and my head fitted nicely but my face was tight in one of them, and very tight on the other. The the sales guy checked and they were fitted with the 35 and 37 cheek pads size. My Shoei XR-1000 has the 33 size. I'm going to get it this weekend  8)
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
Yes, you can. For instance, when I was at the shop I tried the XL in two different colors, and my head fitted nicely but my face was tight in one of them, and very tight on the other. The the sales guy checked and they were fitted with the 35 and 37 cheek pads size. My Shoei XR-1000 has the 33 size. I'm going to get it this weekend  8)

Cool, that's what I figured Martin, thanks!  :)

Offline marku8a

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2012, 08:15:56 PM »

Good to know. Do you have a recommended source for replacement pads?

Mark
2009 C14 Red

Offline wendel

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2012, 06:13:37 AM »
Compacc.com
2012 C14

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »
I finally got my head around the price and ordered the helmet. Funnily, the one place where I found it some 10% cheaper (there seems to be a tight grip from Shoei regarding price on this helmet) didn't have the cheek pad size that I preferred, that is, 33. They told me that they usually come from factory fitted with 35 and I could get it with 31 or 37 as well, but right now they didn't have the 33 size, but also added that if I should try the 35 and give them a little while to brake in and I can change them later on if I still don't like them. So I hope the helmet comes before the weekend and I get to try it.  :)
I'll try to report my thoughts on it after I wear it for a while.

Offline randaddy

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2012, 01:48:22 PM »
Okay guys here we go, Just found out shoei has set a price but i think this is a very fair price at 515.00 no tax and free delivery...When you call please inform Jeff that you are from the st owners forum and the code for this group by is 123ST.. We have a total of 20 guys and i could not get the price down any further due to shoei,s vendor policy with pricing ..if your still in please call Jeff at 877 837 0047.

I ordered a Neotec in matte black from Jeff last Thursday. It was shipped by UPS Friday and arrived yesterday. Great service. Fast delivery. Now I need to go for a ride and try it out.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2012, 01:58:17 PM »
I ordered a Neotec in matte black from Jeff last Thursday. It was shipped by UPS Friday and arrived yesterday. Great service. Fast delivery. Now I need to go for a ride and try it out.

Cool!  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2012, 10:37:29 AM »
I've just got my Neotec today! It's an XL in Anthracite color, and I wanted to test just how honest Shoei was on the weight they declare. At least according to my kitchen scale, the helmet weighs 1665 gr (58.8 oz), 5 grams less than the 1670 that came on the sticker, and that is with the pinlock and breath guard installed.
As I expected (since I tried it on the shop), the fit is spot on, exactly like my Shoei XR-1000 when new, which I can wear for hours without any hot spots.
I felt bad about ordering it online after trying it not once but twice in the shop, but they only had the metallic black of the white colors, and I got hooked on the Anthracite when I saw it on another shop which didn't have my size. I bought from this shop before and wanted to give them my business because the service is top notch, so I asked if they could order it. They said "yes, it would take two weeks to come", which would be just a couple of days after I go on my 4000 miles tour. And I don't want to go on such a trip with a helmet that isn't at least a bit broken in.
I'm glad to report that, at least for ten minutes on the comfort of my living room, the helmet does not bother me one bit. As I mentioned before, I had to order it with the 35 size cheek pads and yes, they are a tad tight, but even after ten minutes they seem to be adapting to my cheeks (or the other way around  :D) so I think it's a keeper.
One thing I'd like to remark is something I haven't read in any review: the quality of the sun visor. I tried all the other sun visor equiped helmets that I could find before shelling out 530 euros (yes, that's 703 USD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :banghead:) and except for the Schuberts, everything else just didn't cut it.
Just my 2 cents.

Offline sherob

• Arena
Re: excuses for a Shoei Neotec [EDIT: got it!!!]
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2012, 03:54:37 PM »
For those that would like a Neotec, I was told the group buy on this is going to stay open... details below.

Okay guys here we go, Just found out shoei has set a price but i think this is a very fair price at 515.00 no tax and free delivery...When you call please inform Jeff that you are from the st owners forum and the code for this group by is 123ST.. We have a total of 20 guys and i could not get the price down any further due to shoei,s vendor policy with pricing ..if your still in please call Jeff at 877 837 0047.
Rob

Offline marku8a

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2012, 09:05:28 PM »
For those that would like a Neotec, I was told the group buy on this is going to stay open...

Will you please provide a link to the st owners forum that has the details? I looked at the st site but I couldn't find the group buy thread.

Mark
2009 C14 Red

Offline TJ

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2012, 12:57:36 AM »
Nice looking helmets. Almost an exact copy of the Bombaider helmets we bought for running snow mobiles 10-12 years ago. Even then they had the flip down sun shield.
I am interested in the group buy as well if it is still going on.
2012 Black Kawasaki Concours

Offline Kinetic1

• I really do have the best wife EVER! 2013 Tuono
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2012, 07:20:30 AM »
I tried a neotech and and HJC symax III and ended up buying a Qwest. I really wanted a  modular but the only one I found to be acceptable was the Shuberth and just couldn't pull the trigger on that much for a lid. I used to have no problem buying 700+ Arai's but I just couldn't do it. I really like my Qwest but you simply have to buy a pin lock shield for it because it fogs up very easily. It also has the best thing in a helmet....vents that actually work. Shoei and Arai have always been very good at this. Both neotech and the symax felt cheap to me and they both fit wierd. I couldn't find a size to fit me properly. I still would really like a Shuberth.....maybe Christmas time.
No, really, she is the best and I can prove it...

Connie has been sold. Replaced with 2013 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2012, 07:48:18 AM »

Will you please provide a link to the st owners forum that has the details? I looked at the st site but I couldn't find the group buy thread.

Mark

Happy reading...

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?114589-Hello-all-Group-buy-on-the-Neotech&highlight=
Rob

Offline marku8a

2009 C14 Red

Offline TJ

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2012, 12:45:30 PM »
Just received mine from Helmet City and have a question. What are those small black plastic pins located on each end of the visor? At first I was going to remove them thinking they were glued on but then noticed they go through the visor.
2012 Black Kawasaki Concours

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2012, 01:30:24 PM »
Just received mine from Helmet City and have a question. What are those small black plastic pins located on each end of the visor? At first I was going to remove them thinking they were glued on but then noticed they go through the visor.

You talking about the pinlock's? 

Click "CNS-1 SHIELD"

http://www.shoei-helmets.com/neotec.aspx
Rob