Author Topic: Opinions wanted about new purchase.  (Read 8589 times)

Offline pistole

Re: Opinions wanted about new purchase.
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 05:01:16 PM »
- why did you pay upfront for a non-existent , sight unseen , bike ?

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 05:03:32 PM »
So I own a 2010 and decided to buy a new 2011. I looked everywhere comparing prices and found that the closest dealer to me would beat the price of the lowest one I found. So I had them order me a 2011 silver. She said it would only take a few days after I gave her a check for the $12,500 she quoted me. I paid it about a week and a half before Christmas. I thought I'd get it home by Christmas.
I asked around the 20th of December and it wasn't in yet. "Maybe next week."
I gave it about two weeks and she said it was in and was surprised I didn't come in yet. I went right over with my trailer to get it and she said it wasn't prepped yet, but it is right over there. So I go and look it over. First surprise- It's black not silver. Second surprise- scratch on seat. Third surprise- windscreen looked like ZORO signed it with a diamond ring. I had a quick talk with her about these problems and she said she would have them buff out the scratches. It was almost closing time so I just left. Before they opened again I left her a long message not to buff the windscreen and replace the screen and seat. The color didn't bother me too much, even though if I went with a black one, I would have gotten a 2012 with black wheels. They did order the parts.
So a month later (+or-) this past Friday, I call and leave a message for her so I can come and get it . She never calls back. I call again on Saturday 11:00 am or so and talk to her about the bike. The shield and seat have been changed and she wasn't sure if it has been prepped yet. I had a great conversation with her about ho nice the upcoming week looked for riding. She agreed and said she would ask out back and call me right back. No call back. I call back at around 1:20pm and she is not available. I told him to tell her I want to pick up my bike today. She told him to tell me Tuesday is better for them. I told him weekends are better for me and wanted to get it today. Have her call me so we can figure something out. No call back!
So now I feel like telling them to keep it and give me my money back. Am I out of line, or am I thinking the same as you guys would be?
Very aggravated!!

Don't handle it as some might!......

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 06:01:46 PM »
Man of Blues-First off her is the owner. I normally skip the whole salesperson thing. I like to get to the point. The future dealer/customer relationship doesn't look good if I follow through with this..

Is this Lebanon or Gorham?
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 06:03:08 PM »
Not a full purchase agreement. Kind of a receipt for funds paid and vin# of vehicle.
I try to buy bikes with one payment. This dealer just didn't happen to have the vehicle in their store. Not the brightest purchasing method I've been through.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 06:04:12 PM »
Rye NH Over to Depot Honda/Kawasaki.
Joel from Maine.

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 06:11:04 PM »
Go see Cliff at Naults.

Offline con05

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 06:30:05 PM »
There is a silver one at Souhegan Motorsports in Milford, NH.  Maybe they could swap for it. When I bought from Cliff I wanted the black in the worst way but the silver was sitting next to it. I could see every imperfection in black just from sitting on the floor. Took the silver and never looked back.
Silver 2011 C-14

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 06:30:34 PM »
I talked to Cliff. I didn't care for him. I bought both of my other bikes from Naults. I dealt with Paul Nault and he was awesome to deal with. He hit the rock bottom price real fast. Cliff was over $1,000 off (until I told him what I was paying for a 2011). Then he gave me normal prices. Just too late. Paul is out of the picture for a while.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 06:36:42 PM »
I got my best price from Robb from Milford NH. When I told Honda Depot the price, they beat it by $200. So I settled. Big mistake!
Joel from Maine.

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2013, 06:42:44 PM »
Depot and Rochester are the closest and i never go there.  My experience at Naults is exactly the reverse of yours, in the end if you get a decent deal for the bike you want all is well.

Guess we all know what to do about Depot.  Good luck and keep us posted.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 06:59:44 PM »
I bought my 2010abs from Naults in Jan. 2011. I paid $13,000 otd. That was a great price at the time when shopping. Cliff seemed to give me a little bit more of a run around.
Joel from Maine.

Offline AZBob

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 05:07:22 PM »
I kind of skimmed, so I may have missed something, but I'm confused... why did you give away $12k+ without at the same time walking away with a motorcycle (or at least something of equal or greater value)??? It doesn't matter if you had a purchase contract or not, I don't drop 12 large on anything without having the thing. If they want a deposit, I say sure, here's my signature. Maybe $50, if I'm feeling generous that day.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 05:57:42 PM »
I guess I was a little anxious. I've never had any issues buying vehicles or motorcycles. I usually pay and get it. The only kicker here was they had to order it. So I figured I'd just write one check and not two. I tried to use my AMEX card, but she wouldn't take a credit card for a purchase.
I will figure out by the end of tomorrow what to do about all of this. I might just bring my old 2010 home with me and my money.
Joel from Maine.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2013, 09:07:16 PM »
 ::)THAT ::)  For every purchase as south as this it will only get worse for the next guy.  Do them/us a favor and walk on this dealer.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 02:37:38 PM »
Well I went to the dealer today and went through with it. I feel kinda dumb for even asking the original question posted. If I backed out at this point, I would have had to start the whole process over again. I was really steaming that she didn't get back to me when I wanted her to. After talking to her today, she really figured the way the weather turned out I couldn't have been too anxious to get it. So she doesn't know me too well. I picked it up today. When I got home, I took the first battery cover screw out, so I could put the battery tender pigtail on. I saw one already installed right in front of my face. It didn't make up for all the frustration, but it was a start.
Joel from Maine.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 02:41:16 PM »
Damn Joel, you put us through all this for nothing?  ;) Congrats on the new ride.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2013, 02:48:36 PM »
Well I went to the dealer today and went through with it. I feel kinda dumb for even asking the original question posted. If I backed out at this point, I would have had to start the whole process over again. I was really steaming that she didn't get back to me when I wanted her to. After talking to her today, she really figured the way the weather turned out I couldn't have been too anxious to get it. So she doesn't know me too well. I picked it up today. When I got home, I took the first battery cover screw out, so I could put the battery tender pigtail on. I saw one already installed right in front of my face. It didn't make up for all the frustration, but it was a start.

Did you get the color that you wanted?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2013, 03:09:57 PM »
I ended up taking the black "surprise" color. I do love black vehicles. I just hate trying to keep them clean. It looks great and feels great.
I still have my 2010 on consignment there. I will leave it there for a few more weeks. If they don't sell it by then, I'll take it home and sell it myself.
Joel from Maine.

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2013, 03:46:09 PM »
Glad it worked out.......sort of  :o