Author Topic: Motus dealers  (Read 6044 times)

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
Re: Motus dealers
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 11:39:42 AM »
My view of their prospects is not that bleak.  We have a similar concept or business model that we can observe in the custom chopper / boutique bike market.  Many of those specialty manufacturers were able to survive and prosper, while others failed.  When the market / economy hit some bumps, many more failed.

I had a co-worker that pulled $35k out of his skyrocketing home equity to buy a custom bike that, to me, looked about the same as a normal HD w/ extra chrome.   When the housing market collapsed, those sales dried up, and the used bikes went back on the market at about half price or so,  and the manufactures declared bankruptcy.

If Motus can sell 200 units per year, they probably can survive.  If they can work sales up to 1000 per year, by product improvement and pricing w/o sacrificing quality, they may well turn into another success story like Triumph or Victory.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 12:40:07 PM »

If Motus can sell 200 units per year, they probably can survive.  If they can work sales up to 1000 per year, by product improvement and pricing w/o sacrificing quality, they may well turn into another success story like Triumph or Victory.

I think they will need to add at least one more model to help sell bikes.  That motor is just begging for a stripped down version similar to a Z1000. 
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 09:45:58 AM »
I think they will need to add at least one more model to help sell bikes.  That motor is just begging for a stripped down version similar to a Z1000.

Ditto that opinion. Single-model specialty brands rarely survive. They're facing long odds. Think of the many Norton revivals, which got a lot of media coverage and had an established enthusiastic fan base. **** up, everyone of them. Motus is such an odd name that they even have that going against them.

Offline stewart

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 02:25:34 PM »
Listened to an interview the other day where their looking at OEM applications for the engine in custom bikes or other avenues.

Would represent another revenue stream and diversifacation of risk.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380