Author Topic: Final Drive Failure...  (Read 13443 times)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Re: Final Drive Failure...
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 06:18:52 AM »
Any updates on this?  Just wondering if the dealer took care of the problem.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 06:32:37 AM »
Hello all:

I have been a constant reader of the forum since April when I purchased my new 2010 Connie.  I have enjoyed reading all of the posts and have gained a wealth of information from them, thank you for that.   I put about 4500 hundred miles on her when I had a low speed accident and put her in a ditch with some cosmetic damage as a result...One thing that was replaced was the lower drive shaft assembly.. I was  riding down  I-75 today toward Deals Gap when my bike went clunk. Pulled over and the drive train was smoking, an obvious failure..  Has anyone seen this type of failure? Do you think the dealer could have not added the proper fluid  levels??  I was upset for sure, but happy I was  not hurt.  To my dealers credit they came with a van and  picked me up very quickly..we will see how this all turns out.  Thanks for all the great info you guys freely share.

FINALLY a 2010 has a drive shaft failure. Even if its because of a stealership install, it still counts as we finally we have a failure
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 06:54:04 AM »
FINALLY a 2010 has a drive shaft failure. Even if its because of a stealership install, it still counts as we finally we have a failure
I disagree. This counts as a dealership failure, not a drive shaft failure.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 06:56:10 AM »
I disagree. This counts as a dealership failure, not a drive shaft failure.

Let Steve be Steve.  He is just waiting for a chance to jump ship and get the K1600GT.  ;D

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 06:58:10 AM »
Actually I was sarcastically praising Kawasaki meaning a stealership has to screw it up, guess I screwed up if it wasn't clear!  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 07:02:51 AM »
Actually I was sarcastically praising Kawasaki meaning a stealership has to screw it up, guess I screwed up if it wasn't clear!  :D
I know you rider. It was me forgot the smiley :)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 07:06:18 AM »
Any reply in reference to Steve has a smiley, I know he will always have a fecetious comment when it comes to the reliability of a C14.  I know he secretly loves Kawasaki more than any other bike brand........................[gasp] even Honda!  Cat is out of the bag Steve.   ;)

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 07:19:17 AM »
Any reply in reference to Steve has a smiley, I know he will always have a fecetious comment when it comes to the reliability of a C14.  I know he secretly loves Kawasaki more than any other bike brand........................[gasp] even Honda!  Cat is out of the bag Steve.   ;)
Was that a play on words or a typo :rotflmao:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 07:23:46 AM »
I know he secretly loves KiPass more than any "manufacturer or branding"........................[gasp] even Honda!  Cat is out of the bag Steve.   ;)

Fixed

Offline Shoe

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 07:29:18 AM »
Two pages of posts about this "failure" and I still have not read a clear explanation of what failed! :yikes:
Eat corn. Drill for oil.

2008 Concours, 2010 Goldwing

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 07:39:11 AM »
Two pages of posts about this "failure" and I still have not read a clear explanation of what failed! :yikes:

Did you see this:

My Dealership finally called me today with a report of what happened..They claim a bearing failure..I have not picked the bike up  to inspect the bad parts. I will try and post some photos and get additional info for everyone..

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 07:47:41 AM »
Was that a play on words or a typo :rotflmao:

I was seeing if anyone was awake enough to notice a subtle play on words.  You obviously were awake.  I could have used "sarcastic" but that doesn't work if you are trying to work in a reference to poo.   ;D

Offline redbarber

• Arena
  • '09 ABS (wife on '08 Can-AM Spyder follows)
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 07:52:05 AM »
Looks like another noob posted when HE wanted info, but isn't interested in contributing to the community knowledge.  Picked up his fixed bike 10 days ago, but nothing to share with us.  Oh well...  I hope he's just so busy riding his bike that he hasn't had time.  (Or it could be that he's stranded on the side of the road someplace with another breakdown and can't get to his computer.  Hope not!)
If you take yourself too seriously, nobody else will.  Humor is all around you, make it your quest to find all of it!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2011, 07:53:25 AM »

I wonder if the KIPASS FOB battery went dead ;D

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 11:53:05 AM »
I wonder if the KIPASS FOB battery went dead ;D

Oh my let's hope not or he's doomed!!!

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2011, 12:19:13 PM »
I was seeing if anyone was awake enough to notice a subtle play on words.  You obviously were awake.  I could have used "sarcastic" but that doesn't work if you are trying to work in a reference to poo.   ;D
Although not a real word (yet)  I Googled and discovered "fecetious" according to the Urban Dictionary means "Full of $hit". Works either way! :rotflmao:

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2011, 12:34:50 PM »
Did you see this:
But the question is which bearing failed. And why?

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2011, 01:16:35 PM »

If his KiPass battery went dead, probably all of them!

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 03:46:42 PM »
We may never know- as Jim said, a low post count user who seems to have 'hit and run'.

But look at the bright side, no one here seems to be claiming that we should all check our drives for impending and immediate failure. I consider that a rousing success for the forum overall.  ;D  It almost makes me miss Mary Jane Tinklepants screaming 'the sky is falling.... right onto my C-14' but not too much. Anybody remember the ‘dealer sent my bike out with no oil!’ thread?

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Son of Pappy

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2011, 04:07:57 PM »
We may never know- as Jim said, a low post count user who seems to have 'hit and run'.

But look at the bright side, no one here seems to be claiming that we should all check our drives for impending and immediate failure. I consider that a rousing success for the forum overall.  ;D  It almost makes me miss Mary Jane Tinklepants screaming 'the sky is falling.... right onto my C-14' but not too much. Anybody remember the ‘dealer sent my bike out with no oil!’ thread?

Brian
Is this Deja Vu?  Will this be a thread that requires monthly maintenance? ;D