Author Topic: insurance rates on connie  (Read 11230 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: insurance rates on connie
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2011, 05:09:50 AM »
Look, it is not all about YOU in the forums!
If you wanted only Dallas County insurance, you should have specified in the Subject! ;)

(Hint: This thread could be very useful for many other people comparing rates)

It was a thread just like this that prompted me to check around and compare rates. I switched from State Farm (~$400/yr) to Allstate (~$180/yr) for slightly better coverage.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2011, 09:03:35 AM »
WHAT???  You are paying $1,740 a year for full coverage, with a clean record???  Something is seriously wrong.

That's Harris county... Houston, TX basically... that's the way it is... BTDT.  Like I stated earlier, just moving to another state dropped my rates by over 2/3's.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Boonedawg

• Arena
    • Jet Associates East
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2011, 05:00:03 AM »
When I took delivery Thursday I called my Allstate agent, gave him the vin # and went through the 4 or 5 questions.  He said since I had a Vrod and a couple Spyders on the policy that my Connie would cost me an additional $16.90 a year!!!!! I couldn't believe it, he said the rational behind it is that you can only be riding one at a time, so they cut you a break!

Offline fmwhit

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2011, 08:52:26 PM »
Connie is the only bike on the policy threw Progressive-$68.00 in Newburgh NY abt 60 miles North of NYC.

Offline ernie4110

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2011, 02:51:42 PM »
I had Progressive in GA. for 7 years until I bought the Concours. Progressive quoted me $750. per year. Geico quoted $400.

Ernie
09 Conours
04 Goldwing
MSF Instructor