The C-14, aka Kawasaki Concours-14, the new one :) > The Bike - C14/GTR 1400

So after her winter nap I go to start and have nothing.

(1/27) > >>

dl1911:
In preparation of taking a ride, I started my procedure for getting my Concours(2008) out of winter hibernation.

Fresh battery in the FOB, Bike on battery tender all winter.

I go out to start and I have nothing responding on the bike. Even the red blinking security light is out. I remove the battery and tucked in behind is a huge mouse nest!!! I thought I had my building secured from the little bastards but apparently I am wrong!

I removed the gigantic mess that was in there, checked battery voltage at 13.1 volts, reinstalled and still nothing.

Began to check fuses and all seem fine. I havent found any chewed wires as of yet but I havent pulled all the plastics yet.

If I am lucky enough to not find any chewed wires is there anything else I should look for that could be causing this problem?

Im fairly mechanically inclined and I have a factory service manual but if anyone has had a similar issue and had a fix any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks to all!

Boomer:
The blinking red light only blinks for 24hrs after you shut her off.

I assume when you press down the ignition switch nothing happens?
First check the fob battery is at more than 3.2V and is the correct way around.

If that doesn't work, try giving the ignition switch a whack with a rubber mallet?
There is a known issue with the ignition switch sticking.

dl1911:
Boomer,
Thank you for the reply.

I have checked the FOB battery for voltage and orientation. Both are good.

As far as the KIPASS I have had issues with it in the past and installed the bypass cable thing with the fuse in it. Even employing that I am getting no response whatsoever from the electronics on the bike.

Everything seems as if there is no voltage coming from the battery but I have tried 2 different batteries with the same result. I thought maybe the main 30amp fuse was bad but it checked out okay as well.

I have not found any chewed wires yet but I am fearing something is amiss with that. I just didnt know if there was something I could check before pulling all the plastics off as that is a big job on these bikes.

Thank you and the search continues.

PH14:
Remove the ground wire from the frame and clean the connection. Check fuses.

gPink:

--- Quote from: PH14 on June 01, 2023, 12:35:20 PM ---Remove the ground wire from the frame and clean the connection. Check fuses.

--- End quote ---
:thumbs: including the main behind the battery box

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version