Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 17639 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Need input on best TINTED sport windscreen (other than CopperDawg)
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 09:11:23 AM »
You are SO thoughtful! Those poor bugs need all the help they can get.  ::)

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 12:51:58 PM »
:)

Does anyone know if the tinted shield deflects more bugs than the clear since it can be seen and therefore better avoided? My clear shield is just a mess.

No but the darker the tint the less bugs you see from your side.   :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 08:08:38 PM »
RWNielsen: The MRA Vario is a TOURING screen, and not offered tinted. I want a tinted sport screen, as in shorter than stock.

My MRA Vario is tinted and very short.  What were you looking at?  When I clicked on RWNielsen's link it just went to twisted throttles main page

Here is a link to the one I have. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-variotouring-screen-windshield-for-kawasaki-concours-gtr1400-08

Notice that it is tinted, but extended to the full raised position.  Not sure why they don't show it in the low position.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 03:30:55 PM »
More than short, want the windblast below my neck, so helmet is not as noisy. Plus I like wind in my chest, but don't want the screen so short that it doesn't deflect rain over my visor. That screen of yours is a 'touring' version, even though it's short. Guess that 'spoiler' has the same effect as being taller. By the way, their middle photo is all the way down.

All the way down, but with the spoiler up.  The air hits me in the chest when I am riding with the screen down and spoiler down.  It is nice to have many adjustments which that screen provides. 

In the summer the Concours is just too dam hot to ride.  I prefer naked bikes, but they are just not practical to tour on.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

sailor_chic

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 05:22:15 PM »
EJP, you might want to carefully consider your choice of cutting the CB Mini euro 2". I think that doing so, your going to eliminate any rain protection on your visor. Especially if you are taller then 5' 08"
Just rode mine 330 miles in the rain today, do I have plenty of knowledge on this.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 01:51:54 PM »
The nerve! Asking about a lady's inseam ... right here on a public, family oriented forum!

Oh ... but then ... I guess there would BE no families if no guys ever inquired about a lady's inseam.

OK sorry, resume topic.

So ... Isn't it amazing the details riders go to to get that windscreen 'just right'?? I guess that indicates just how good the rest of the bike is ...

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 03:43:25 PM »
Have you ridden with no screen to see what it is like?
My Concours Travels:

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2015, 08:06:10 PM »

Twowheeladdict, no, haven't ridden the bike without screen. But that wouldn't help me one bit man. Trying to go down from 13" stock, down to 10" tops... not without a screen. Besides, you need some kind of screen, even if very short; they're there for a reason. Thanks anyway man.

I wasn't suggesting you ride without a screen permanently.  Just to try it and gauge where the air hits you and how it feels as you are trying to determine screen size.
My Concours Travels:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2015, 08:10:26 AM »
Hey, I didn't ask for her cup size, or a photo of her butt man. Maybe I'm just naive, but I don't find any sexual innuendo on inseam size. At any rate, I just need torso size; hope you don't find anything wrong with that ::). The reason I ask is most women are shorter than men, and with longer legs as well, meaning they have much shorter torsos than us. That being the case, I'd need a longer screen to have the same effect she has, and that's exactly what I'm trying to guess in an unscientific way :).

Twowheeladdict, no, haven't ridden the bike without screen. But that wouldn't help me one bit man. Trying to go down from 13" stock, down to 10" tops... not without a screen. Besides, you need some kind of screen, even if very short; they're there for a reason. Thanks anyway man.

I'm pretty sure that he was speaking tongue in cheek. Lighten up a bit man, it's all in good fun.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 07:17:23 PM »
I'm pretty sure that he was speaking tongue in cheek. Lighten up a bit man, it's all in good fun.

Confirmed.

I was beginning to think my already weak ability to convey 'humor' had completely died.

sailor_chic

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2015, 07:59:26 PM »
Well in the interest helping a fellow cogger with  buying the perfect windscreen, I'll help. I'm 5' 8" and I have a 30 inseam.  And since others were curious, I'm a bit top-heavy with the girls in a 38d.
After another 240 miles in Canadian wind and rain today, I can honestly say that a shorter windscreen would be counter productive and would downright suck. In the past 10 day, I've logged 600 miles in substantial rain. Yes rain  is my deciding factor in my windscreen. When it's dry, I have it all the way down., wind in my face.
Hope this helps

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2015, 08:03:44 PM »
You'll have to update your signature block map when you get home.  ;)
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2015, 07:32:06 AM »
Confirmed.

I was beginning to think my already weak ability to convey 'humor' had completely died.

Some folks have no sense of humor so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I find humor where ever I can but that's just me.   ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2015, 07:46:21 AM »
Confirmed.

Nope, it's still pretty much there as far as I'm concerned.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2015, 12:10:48 PM »
Well in the interest helping a fellow cogger with  buying the perfect windscreen, I'll help. I'm 5' 8" and I have a 30 inseam.  And since others were curious, I'm a bit top-heavy with the girls in a 38d.
After another 240 miles in Canadian wind and rain today, I can honestly say that a shorter windscreen would be counter productive and would downright suck. In the past 10 day, I've logged 600 miles in substantial rain. Yes rain  is my deciding factor in my windscreen. When it's dry, I have it all the way down., wind in my face.
Hope this helps

Nicole,
we know you were trying to assist, but clearly it doesn't apply to people that lament endlessly over something like this...
We also know that YOU will actually leave your home on the bike in pouring rain, and ride litterally thousands of miles in mixed weather, and enjoy it..
I'm the same way....I've ridden this C14 in pouring rain, drinking from the firehose, more miles than some folks here will put on their bike total in 10 years, if they keep it that long....
Glad you had an epic ride up here, and a safe return, keep up the good stuff girl, you rock.

Rain is God's way of helping you wash your bike....somewhat. I think my bike looks great in the rain, it sure looks pity-full sitting in a corner of a garage tho.

I use a stock '08 windscreen, and a Laminar Lip, set overlapping the top edge by 1"

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2015, 01:05:56 PM »
Although you meant it as a joke, I suspect your friend list might grow larger with that piece of information. Ha ha. Hey, thanks a lot for helping with the other info. We have a difference of 1" in torso size only. What about your ergos? Did you change anything on your bike, like barbacks or lower seat? I know you lowered the suspension, but that doesn't change ergos. Thank yohu again.

Had to read that again I thought you wrote barebacks  ::) ;D

sailor_chic

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2015, 02:20:18 PM »
EJP, I'm not sure where you came up with the wrong information that I lowered my suspension. That is still stock.
And my boobs don't make my friends, my personality does.

Rich, thanks for your kind words. AA you said, I'm on an epic ride. Today was the tourist crap at Niagara Falls. Too many people for my liking. I'm in Western NY now. Besides the rain, this is very pretty state.
Time for a cold one, and a burger with the locals in Salamanca.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2015, 04:39:09 PM »
ride safe girl, enjoy, there was a cool bar that had great food really close to Kissing Bridge ski slope, I think it was called Typhoid Mary's back in the mid '70's, bet its gone now hbo... I was up there styaing at George McGovern's niece's house and skiing there... fun times, and old flames....

be safe, get home safe, p/m me if you have on road issues...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2015, 12:50:21 PM »
That proves my case about humor here ::). And also why I only use this (and the other) forum for information, not friends (big, small, or no boobs :P). The majority of active folks here just rub me (and I rob them) the wrong way. Anyway, didn't get the answer I wanted, but I'll eventually get the screen size right. I'm done here.

ELP - Aw come on, man. Everybody swings and misses sometimes ... just as I thought my attempt at humor had  :chugbeer:

Anyway ... good luck on your screen search ... OH, and get a dark tinted one so nobody can see your boobs through it   :P

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2015, 01:16:17 PM »
Actually, I find this fascinating! I am old enough to have gray hair and never knew that females have shorter torsos than males- interesting. Your height and inseam seem to confirm that Nicole as I am 6'2" and only have a 32" inseam. Now I am going to have to measure my wife tonight (Easy Boys! with a tape measure!).

Man, the stuff ya' learn on a motorcycle forum.....

Then again, I can be pretty slow- I was old enough to have two kids more than 10 years old before I found out raisins are really grapes. I thought raisins started off as.... well, raisins and came from a raisin bush or a raisin tree or something. True story. And before everyone breaks my chops about this, yes, I know that cheese, milk and eggs all come from cows.

Brian

And the other guy said "The reason I ask is most women are shorter than men, and with longer legs as well, meaning they have much shorter torsos than us."

Hope this helps
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com