Author Topic: Suspension mods for forks  (Read 12104 times)

Offline XR6

• 2009 ABS Black
Re: Suspension mods for forks
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2015, 01:00:15 PM »
I'm thinking that they think that giving us three adjustments to worry about was too complicated and based on the questions here and my thoughts on the subject, I think that they maybe they're right.

As I am getting to understand suspension more and more, I am finding the limits of the C14. I feel it is better to have the adjustability than not to have.  For those that are happy with the C14 could leave as std from factory even with the xtra adjustment.
The good thing is that it is fixable. It is just costing more money.
2009 ABS Black, AreaP carbon, K&N air filter, PC V, Flies Out.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2015, 05:31:35 PM »
As I am getting to understand suspension more and more, I am finding the limits of the C14. I feel it is better to have the adjustability than not to have.  For those that are happy with the C14 could leave as std from factory even with the xtra adjustment.

I tend to agree that more control and more options is always better.  Yes it might be confusing, but that doesn't mean  I would be the only one who owned the bike and even though I might be confused, that doesn't mean I couldn't have someone else help with the settings at some point.

The good thing is that it is fixable. It is just costing more money.

Yep, throwing money at things can often fix a lot of things...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline XR6

• 2009 ABS Black
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 08:53:53 PM »
I tend to agree that more control and more options is always better.  Yes it might be confusing, but that doesn't mean  I would be the only one who owned the bike and even though I might be confused, that doesn't mean I couldn't have someone else help with the settings at some point.

I know earlier some one started a thread " when will Kawasaki put a ZX14 engine in a C14"

My vote would be " When will Kawaski put ZX14 suspension in the C14"

The C14 engine is fantastic as it is, more power than enough power,   needs more suspension adjustability both front and rear.
2009 ABS Black, AreaP carbon, K&N air filter, PC V, Flies Out.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 07:12:03 AM »
Just to clarify things....... the front ABS sensor on 08/09 C14's is different than the one used on 2010+ C14's. While you can just drill and tap what's needed to mount the ABS sensor for the 08/09's, you have to make modifications to the ABS sensor and make and adaptor to be able to mount it to a ZX14 fork (this includes aftermarket forks like Ohlins) you're mounting on a 2010+ C14.

I've got Ohlins ZX14 forks on my 2011 C14 and can assist anyone with more information if needed.
I have an 08 ABS and I want to put ZX14 forks on it. The ZX fork is not drilled to mount the sensor although the casting seems to be there, although it is not flat. Here is a picture. I would apprciate any advice.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2018, 07:53:19 AM »
OK I found the exact post I need by Dirt Ryder on the other forum. The challenge will be how much to mill off the front to get the sensor to rotor gap right.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2018, 08:05:27 AM »
Would you not use the thinnest area as a guide?

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2018, 08:44:44 AM »
Would you not use the thinnest area as a guide?
Yes, assuming the ZX and ZG fork bottoms are identical. I tried to look up what year my ZX forks are but Ebay records only go back to 2016.