Author Topic: Heli ST Horizon feedback request  (Read 8893 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Heli ST Horizon feedback request
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2016, 01:39:16 PM »
If you read the instructions, they do not include new extended lines just their extenders.

Galfers doesn't even say they offer lines for the Concours 14. No luck their either.

Its Saturday and nobody works.

The banjo bolt only takes 2 washers. Apparently 2 are spares.

Someone who has done the install with new lines will have a better understanding of what I'm referring to.

Are you reading the instruction sheet???????
The kit comes with 2 extension lines, and an adapter to tie them to your existing lines, when they are disconnected from the master cylinders..
The photos show this clearly in the instructions I downloaded from the link I provided above....

Have you completely read the instruction sheet, and looked at the pictures?

They don't send a pair of completely new longer lines, they send extensions you have to add on....
What am I missing here in my explanation....????

Have you read the instruction sheet and looked at the extremely clear pictures of hw the extension attaches to your exiting line???

Here is the picture of what they send, showing the short line extensions, washers, and banjo bolt with a jamb nut on it used to attach the existing line, to the extension line...

I'm also confused by your statement. "Just received my ST's and longer lines"
What do you mean LONGER lines? Did you purchase longer lines seperatly?  Is this why you are commenting about Galfer lines??? 
Where did you buy this, and what specifically did you buy?  Did the seller state longer lines were included??

if you DID buy complete longer lines from someone, well, its pretty simple... remove the stock OEM line and install the new LONG line, and throw all those extra parts from your kit in the parts bin... ( those 6" extension lines are'nt cheap...  they are $30 bucks each...bummer) and forget everything I was showing below... easy.

When all else fails, reading instructions helps.

here
I took the time to show you...
this is from the instruction sheet...

best of luck on the install...

oh,

Maybe download the installation manual???

https://www.helibars.com/resources/guides/582/en/HST04058_WEB.pdf

Or view online?

https://www.helibars.com/resources/guides/582/en/HST04058_WEB.pdf

« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 03:12:40 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline amphibsailor

• Just call me Cap'n Crunch, Ted.
Re: Heli ST Horizon feedback request
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2016, 01:12:04 AM »
MOB, "Full line replacements are also available at an additional cost (ABS models only), however if the line extension is tucked neatly under the riser portion of the handlebar system aesthetically there is no need to replace the lines. "

Full line replacements mentioned in the 4th paragraph on the Helibar website.

I didn't see this when I bought mine.  I called Galfer and ordered the extensions at a higher cost. :doh: :doh: :doh:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 02:49:29 AM by amphibsailor »
09 Concours aka Cruncher: Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 lines, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg on the way),  Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.