Author Topic: Definitely getting a radiator guard  (Read 8443 times)

Offline connie_rider

Re: Definitely getting a radiator guard
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2016, 07:58:48 AM »
Good point Martin. Thank you..
I will get busy and get one and get-er-done..

Ride safe, Merry Christmas, Ted

Offline O.C.

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2016, 03:48:02 AM »
A radiator guard should be a must fit in IMHO ....I fitted one of these  :) 

http://www.beowulfuk.com/proddetail.asp?prod=K024
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2016, 07:25:21 AM »
ooooooo.....shiney  :)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2016, 10:59:13 AM »
I'm a little off topic here but since fender extenders seem to always show up in a radiator guard thread, I wanted to remind all that Blue One also makes these up in Canada for our bikes both front and rear.  Having purchased both front and rear extenders I can vouch for his products and past business practices as far as delivery of products. It has been some time since I purchased from him however. There will be some delay, as going through the Canadian/U.S. postal interface seems to take at least a week on a quick order and can take longer as well, so I do recommend ordering in winter when your bike may not be going anywhere anyway. I bring this up now because at one time (when I ordered mine) his front fender extender was the only one on the market that was extra long and in my opinion kept the radiator cleaner. Even though mine doesn't look all that clean in these photos, but then these photos don't show all the stuff (fresh oil and asphalt etc) that I've driven through this last year. It's been several years, so I don't know if that is still the case (his front extender being longer). Mine is approx 8.5 inches long (easy boys) from tip of fender to tip of extender. Is a slightly longer extender important? (EZB)..I'm not sure, but now you know/have been reminded that  there is a choice. Just PM him either on this forum or the other one. Mine (front only) is just glued on with plumbing ABS cement and has over 60k miles on it.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2016, 08:12:12 AM »
Was is that little part where the two meet/connect at the bottom right behind the front wheel?
Yes Max, exactly.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2017, 05:03:48 PM »
I have one from another manufacturer sitting on the shelf in the garage. After I got it as a gift I looked where it came and remembered my other one on the 08 and contacted Blue for his to put on my new bike.  I think I like the fender extensions. On my Meanstreak I have a rad guard . Not sure if I need to add one in addition to the fender extender on Connie
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2017, 08:23:38 PM »
I think I like the fender extensions. On my Meanstreak I have a rad guard . Not sure if I need to add one in addition to the fender extender on Connie

I suppose it is possible that a rock could be kicked up from ANOTHER vehicle, something that a radiator guard would help defray and that a fender extender would not.  Seems like a very low probability to me, however.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2017, 10:42:31 PM »
Not sure if I need to add one in addition to the fender extender on Connie

I suppose it is possible that a rock could be kicked up from ANOTHER vehicle, something that a radiator guard would help defray and that a fender extender would not.  Seems like a very low probability to me, however.

It's not as though a punctured radiator hundreds of miles from any real support is the same as a punctured tire in the same situation. Therefore, even if it seems like wearing both suspenders and a belt, I recommend both. Get the extender first just because it's a fast easy install but get around to the radiator guard unless you are never far from home or a friend with a trailer. If you can't under any conditions justify spending money on both, then get the radiator guard.
Just my opinion and worth what you paid for it.

Offline ZXShan, 2015 C14 ABS

• 2015 C14 ABS
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2017, 03:05:08 PM »
IMHO the best guard is from a company out of Australia. Here is the link: http://www.radguard.com.au/
Quote: "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
-Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)