Author Topic: AAADD  (Read 2356 times)

Offline wahrsuul

• This is personal, stop reading it!
AAADD
« on: December 05, 2012, 07:45:05 AM »
RECENTLY, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH AAADD - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests itself:

I decided to water my garden. As I turned on the hose in the driveway,

I looked over at my car and decided my car needed washing.

I started toward the garage, I noticed that there was mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.

I decided to go through the mail before I washed the car.

I laid down my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and noticed that the can was full. So I decided to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I thought, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I took my check book off the table, and saw that there was only one check left. My extra checks were in my desk in the study, so I went inside the house to my desk where I found a can of Coke that I had been drinking earlier.

I was intending to look for my checks, but first I needed to push the Coke aside so that I didn't accidentally knock it over. I noticed that the Coke was getting warm, and I decided I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I headed toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter caught my eye-- they needed to be watered, so I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discovered my reading glasses that I'd been searching for all morning. Then I decided I better put them back on my desk, but first I wanted to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, filled a container with water and suddenly I spotted the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realized that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the table, so I decided to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I need to water the flowers.

I poured some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spilled on the floor. So, I set the remote back on the table, got some towels and wiped up the spill, then headed down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: ----the car isn't washed, -the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers don't have enough water, there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can't find the remote, or my glasses, and I don't remember what in the world I did with the car keys!

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled, because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm exhausted!
1999 C-10: Knee savers, Givi trunk, Rifle windshield, KB risers, K&N...and counting...

What did I do to deserve this life?  And how do I do it again?

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Re: AAADD
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 09:13:44 AM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 09:21:26 AM »
+2
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Toxz Qwaste

• Arena
  • stuff & things
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 05:39:07 AM »
studies have shown that using marijuana will do the same thing.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 06:00:43 AM »
Where's the signup sheet for that study?

Offline Toxz Qwaste

• Arena
  • stuff & things
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 07:14:55 AM »
uhhhhh....i forgot where I put it. uhhh...what did you say? oh, gravy. that's it. huh?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 07:56:04 AM »
studies have shown that using marijuana will do the same thing.

I'm working on a long term study of this myself. I can't remember the results but who cares?    :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline scubadoguk

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 09:17:23 AM »
lol yeahhh
poo poo occurs..British by birth American by choice