Author Topic: Eco map?  (Read 2927 times)

Offline Fontenot

Eco map?
« on: March 03, 2017, 02:50:53 PM »
I have a 2016 C14, I am thinking about a flash for power, but  I  would like to keep the eco map that  I use to cruise. Is the ECO Map still there after the flash?
2016 Black C-14
Ivan's Flash
Two Brother's pipe.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Eco map?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 03:07:59 PM »
I have a 2016 C14, I am thinking about a flash for power, but  I  would like to keep the eco map that  I use to cruise. Is the ECO Map still there after the flash?

Welcome!!

Technically, there is no such thing as an "ECO" map or mode.  It is a "FEAM" (Fuel Economy Assistance Mode) map.  When you reflash the ECU, they will not overwrite the FEAM map, just the main/normal map.  So you can switch to the FEAM (to compare, or just use normally, if you wish) with the press of a button (on gen2 C14's).

Steve will say that his current flash offerings will probably match or exceed even the FEAM map's average MPG, so really you win no matter what with his.  It has not been my experience that the Guhl flash will increase mileage, so the FEAM might retain more usefulness with that choice.

Now, I think we need at least a few more new but separate flash threads!    ::)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 07:38:22 PM »
I don't know. I had mine flashed in June of last year and haven't been interested in seeing what Eco will do. (I get 44-45 mpg).
2014 C-14 Red

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 07:44:20 PM »
I don't know. I had mine flashed in June of last year and haven't been interested in seeing what Eco will do. (I get 44-45 mpg).

My point exactly.  With a modern reflash, the FEAM isn't very interesting anymore.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 08:37:26 AM »
Not that I can think of a real application, but can the ECO map be overwritten?  Basically, can both 'tunes' be replaced independently?

Just wondering..

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 08:48:39 AM »

Assuming you are keeping stock exhaust or perhaps just a slip on, then yes, what Max said. If your going to a full exhaust replacement and Steve's "AreaP" flash, then the "ECO" map is still there but you wouldn't want to use it. It would run way too lean.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 03:42:21 PM »
Not that I can think of a real application, but can the ECO map be overwritten?  Basically, can both 'tunes' be replaced independently?

There is no ECO map, but there is a FEAM map (doesn't roll off the tongue very well).  Steve indicated (in another recent yet duplicate thread) that he does not have the tools to overwrite it.  I assume that it CAN be overwritten, but it would take someone with the time, tools, desire, energy, etc, to figure out how to do it.  It is a neat idea, but there [apparently] hasn't been enough demand to warrant it being done.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 08:24:30 PM »

You could always get a Gen 1...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 06:29:36 AM »
The eco map is still present and untouched, but because I have to shut off the 02 sensors to control fuel on the base power map, I expect that the eco map is similarly affected. Regardless, the pre-15 models did fine in ECO with no 02 sensors, and honestly, I built a lot of economy into my maps, and I don't think most folks even consider using eco any more once I've installed my flash. HTH, Steve

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 04:21:27 PM »
You could always get a Gen 1...

+10

ECO Map... SCHMECO Map.. we don' need no eco slap.....

I want the map that does this, because I already get 42 mpg all the time.....

All I need is the MONSTER map, with major de cell charectristics for engine braking, and J12 booster power when going on the loud stick...
Oh, and to quote Spicoli, "a cool buzzz and some tastey waves , bro"

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..