Author Topic: I probably ruined my engine today!  (Read 7790 times)

Offline Guinness

Re: I probably ruined my engine today!
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 08:01:09 PM »
I tried mixing oils once and then had to do this.   ;)

Since you had it open anyway I hope like heck you chromed the inside!  8)  And you might as well spray some Pam on it to make it nice and slippery.
2010 Concours ABS

Offline saddletramp

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 09:58:59 PM »
I haven't riden the bike yet just to be safe!  I didn't notice any melting, steaming, or unpleasant odors being emitted by the bike as it adjusts to the cocktail mix!

Of course it was all a spoof. After I mixed the oils & thought how horrible it might seem to some of the oil fanatics! ;)

I've flown over 8,000 hours as PIC of airplanes, owned numerous boats, airplanes, cars, pick-ups, & sell John Deere farm machinery in order to fund the stated things (nearly 30 years) & have never seen an engine fail due to the wrong kind of oil.  I do know that engines don't run very long when run out of oil ( or having no oil put in in the first place!)

Heck, I used John Deere oil for 30,000 miles in my FJR without any issues...okay it did get a hankerin' to try pulling a plow now & then.

Your replies have been great!

Offline graham downunder

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 03:43:51 AM »
 I would get well qualified bulshitter.. like Obamha to give his opinion I am sure it will be a never ending post

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 09:30:26 AM »
I would get well qualified bul****ter.. like Obamha to give his opinion I am sure it will be a never ending post

What does "Obamha" have to do with this  :offtopic:

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2011, 09:34:20 AM »
Before you hose it out be sure to run the engine with the drain plug out.  You want to get rid of the old oil in the oil pump and the oil gallerys.  If you rev it up hard it will also clean out the oil in the cam area.  It is also sometimes nice to flush the engine with ether to get that nice shiny all over the inside look.  You can check how shiny the insides are by holding a match over the oil filler hole.
Be sure to repost this on April 1st next year.  Always good to have the Oil FAQ replenished annually.  :)
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 02:57:12 PM »
I would get well qualified bul****ter.. like Obamha to give his opinion I am sure it will be a never ending post

Your post makes no sense.