Author Topic: Significant heat wave likely next week.  (Read 22949 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Significant heat wave likely next week.
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2011, 03:22:19 PM »
Steve couldnt handle our currently 60.1 and %100 humidity we have!  I guess I shouldnt have worn the mesh gear today :(

Wasn't it you Chet that said that 63 was the perfect riding temp? You're close right? Suck it up man!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2011, 03:26:42 PM »
Yep!  That was me and I'll stick to that, my mistake was in wearing mesh gear.  I was promised cloudy with sun breaks and a chance of drizzle!!!!!!!  What they shoulda said was it's gonna be a wet one ::)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2011, 03:28:13 PM »
Yep!  That was me and I'll stick to that, my mistake was in wearing mesh gear.  I was promised cloudy with sun breaks and a chance of drizzle!!!!!!!  What they shoulda said was it's gonna be a wet one ::)

You should know better by now SoP...

Son of Pappy

« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2011, 03:38:24 PM »
It's karma, it's gotta be.  Conrad, I am sorry that I have been poking fun at your heat related plight, I vow ( for at least the rest of the day) to not make fun of the wonderfull weather you have been basting in.
There, that should satisfy the cloud gods ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2011, 05:07:09 AM »
It's karma, it's gotta be.  Conrad, I am sorry that I have been poking fun at your heat related plight, I vow ( for at least the rest of the day) to not make fun of the wonderfull weather you have been basting in.
There, that should satisfy the cloud gods ;)

Basting is right Chet and I'm well done. We had some storms move through last night, a weak cold front they called it. Highs today are only sposed to be 90 with a 50% chance of more storms. I'm riding today, I don't care.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2011, 09:36:13 AM »
Well, the karma was right, sunny and 67 for the ride home.  This morning I was looking for frost, it was 43 when I left the house, even turned on the grip heaters.
Sounds like the heat bubble is moving farther East, maybe it will put a fire under our elected officials in DC!!!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2011, 09:40:43 AM »
Well, the karma was right, sunny and 67 for the ride home.  This morning I was looking for frost, it was 43 when I left the house, even turned on the grip heaters.
Sounds like the heat bubble is moving farther East, maybe it will put a fire under our elected officials in DC!!!

Yep, grip heaters on this morning for me too, 41 and sunny, supposed to be blue sky and 75 here today, very nice!  :thumbs:

Oh wait, I mean it's pouring rain and absolutely terrible here, please stay away everyone else...  :-*

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2011, 05:18:33 PM »
Yeah, I wish I had grip heaters on my bike today too- we apparently set a new record here at 103F (RI).

My wife and I were supposed to go to Cape Cod tomorrow but that is not happening- way too hot to ride for us as it is supposed to be 95F. Things look better for Sunday when the temps. are supposed to drop back into the 80's. It might rain but I would take 80's and rain over 95 and dry.... and sunny.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline anycleavers

« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2011, 07:20:33 PM »
It was 91 here (N. IL.) at around 11am until a small storm moved through. It dropped to 70 in a matter of minutes. Felt great while it lasted, it's now 8:20pm and back up to 87.  :P
"Always take the long way home."

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2011, 09:18:26 PM »
Today made the 23rd day of 100° or higher this year.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2011, 09:58:06 PM »
Today made the 23rd day of 100° or higher this year.

38th straight day here............again I win!............or lose. :-[
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2011, 07:26:40 AM »
Your getting what we had a couple of years ago so I sympathize. That year we had 59 days of it.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2011, 09:41:01 AM »
Your getting what we had a couple of years ago so I sympathize. That year we had 59 days of it.

Yep it sux.  Other than a 99 and two 97's in June.......100 or higher....and usually closer to 106.  I don't bother watering and grateful I'm grateful I bought the cycle shell before this hit!
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2011, 06:44:23 AM »
The forecast for the week said that temps are expected to be 102°-103° and maybe even for the next two weeks. Not nice.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2011, 06:55:30 AM »
Another day in paradise in beautiful Southern Ill-inois. 6am= temp        76
                                                                                 dewpoint   74
                                                                                  Humidity    94%
                                                                                       :thumbs:

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2011, 06:59:27 AM »
well it is forecasted now to be 112 both Tuesday and Wednesday here. In april we made plans to take a trip to Colorado with some local riding friends. the only weekend I could do it was this coming one. We leave wednesday after work at about 4pm. Peak Heat! this is gonna suck. but, Colorado will be nice.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2011, 10:13:20 PM »
I just saw something about Iraq that they called a holiday on Monday because the temps got up to 122°. Now THAT is hot.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2011, 05:55:18 PM »
Friday afternoon 60 mins north of Vegas, it was 113.  :o

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2011, 10:05:19 PM »
It was 103° today and is scheduled for 102° to 103° for the next week if not longer.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2011, 10:19:52 PM »
82 and sunny in the PNW...

;D 8)