Author Topic: 130 db horn $10.38  (Read 15650 times)

Offline robert.h.weinstein

Re: 130 db horn $10.38
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 10:24:10 PM »
What year is your Concours ?

I have a 2012 and cannot find anywere to hook up the Stebel horn as there appears to be no where
to hook it up. THe fairing is so congested there is no mounting points?

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 03:48:43 AM »
If you use the Advanced Search next to Help above and type in horn using the C14 categories there will be multiple threads with photos.  Looks like a few have used the lower left side/front on the 2010+ models.  I have an 09 and mounted right side under the top black panel.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 06:47:03 AM »
I decided to pick up a Big Boy which is the same as a Stebel Nautilus at Advance Auto and wired it in with a relay.  Much louder and kept the stocker wired with it.

I believe the Stebel has a higher Db rating but loud is loud.

You do have to be careful with the air horns to not get water in them that will vapor lock the compressor.  They need to be in a protected location.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 10:57:50 AM »
Yes, you are indeed correct. It is the same design but a lower db and different frequency.  I have no regrets with the Original Bad Boy, and I left the factory horn in place.  Mine is fairly protected under the right fairing.  Lots of options out there.  For the 08-09 models this is a good instruction.  HOWEVER, I could not use the ground location that they did.  It would not work grounded to the mounting hole.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/article/articleview/384/1/28/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:22:21 PM by 556ALPHA »

Offline Snype

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »
I was thinking a little out of the box and found this:  http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=827111&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=50366&subdeptNum=50379&classNum=50380#.UG-6d4y3PMK

Its for boats and designed to mounted above deck.  Should handle water well.  6a should be fine.  Sounds like mounting is the big problem. 

Screaming Banshee split unit is WOOOW!
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 10:31:34 AM »
Screaming Banshee  split unit (aka http://screaming-banshee.com/banshee-horn-warning-system/full-split-screamer-black-version-2.html )is what I settled for as they divide the Horn into two sections
MUCH easier to mount in hard places.

When you tap the horn you use the stock horn but when you hold the button for 1/4 to 1/2 second all Hell breaks loose!
I think that is the HEART Attack mode for Cagers.
139 DB horn goes off and the lights start pulsating OMGAWD! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: 

Offline gthomas15229

• 2011 C14 Black
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 12:29:34 PM »
I had my 2011 only 4 days before I replaced that dippy horn for a Low Tone 132 db Fiamm that I had bought for my wife's previous car. It was so easy to change. No removal of body work was required. I used the bracket and removed the rubber gasket that came with the horn since the mounting screw is shorter than the OEM horn. I also have a high tone one and may try that to see if I like the difference. I am pleased with the Low Tone version now. I cannot remember what I paid for them at Pepboys, but I am sure it was around the subject price.
'06 C10 gone to salvage heaven
New ride 2011 C14 Black new left over

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
Re: Screaming Banshee split unit is WOOOW!
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 01:57:58 PM »
Screaming Banshee  split unit (aka http://screaming-banshee.com/banshee-horn-warning-system/full-split-screamer-black-version-2.html )is what I settled for as they divide the Horn into two sections
MUCH easier to mount in hard places.

When you tap the horn you use the stock horn but when you hold the button for 1/4 to 1/2 second all Hell breaks loose!
I think that is the HEART Attack mode for Cagers.
139 DB horn goes off and the lights start pulsating OMGAWD! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: 

This also flashes the high beam when the horn is pressed doesn't it?

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 02:06:53 PM »
I had my 2011 only 4 days before I replaced that dippy horn for a Low Tone 132 db Fiamm that I had bought for my wife's previous car. It was so easy to change. No removal of body work was required. I used the bracket and removed the rubber gasket that came with the horn since the mounting screw is shorter than the OEM horn. I also have a high tone one and may try that to see if I like the difference. I am pleased with the Low Tone version now. I cannot remember what I paid for them at Pepboys, but I am sure it was around the subject price.

Does yours look like this?

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2012, 02:13:51 PM »
556ALPHA

No mine is the STEBEL.

OBTW :

• When you add two horns of the same DB you have increased the total DB by 6 DB.
    BUT if you add two disimilar DB based horns there is no increase beyond the one with the highest db.

If you already have a Stebel horn or a WOLO or a couple of Freeway blasters Low and High or whatever loud horn ....

and you want to add the Banshee effect they sell a separate "Banshee CONTROL UNIT" for 60 bucks you can use.

The CONTROL UNIT or the split kit comes with the 30 AMP relay built in. BTW

This just saves you buying the Wolo horn that comes with the complete kit.

You are aware you can separate the "Stebel horn" from it's compressor and just connect the two with a hose to get the same split system. Just add the   "Banshee CONTROL UNIT" and your there.

I am adding other VISUAL SAFETY based items such as:

Google it by name:

• 3rd Brake Light Flasher (makes the Brake light Flash a few times before going solid everytime you hit the brakes)
  • Headlight modulator (makes the headlight flash to create awareness to oncoming cagers)
  • Clearwater LED's (Drivng awareness lights that are variable in intensity to make on comming cagers aware of your presence)
  • Corbin Concours Seats ;-) because I have the touring disease called "NO_ASS_AT_ALL" :P

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 02:26:46 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I have Admore's in my E55 trunk that flash/turn signal and added some Mondo LED's on my reflector brackets up front.  I had Clearwater Envy bout could not spring 485.00, however they are super nice.  I am now considering adding the HID headlights since the LED's make my headlights look like a 49 Ford now.  Sounds like you have some nice ideas going. 

Offline Snype

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 02:36:42 PM »
Did you install the banshee?  Can you put up some pics?   I hate buying things reliant on fit from the net... hard to return.  The system looks great.  Is it as nice as the description?

Snype

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2012, 07:05:31 PM »
I keep getting lots of emails
I am not sure if anyone is replying to a post I made but if you are intending to refer to a post
For me to respond I require both the Post you are referring to and my Handle Name be in your post .  ???
OR
  • Feel free to email me directly instead and avoid the confusion.
  • Provide your return email or phone # and I can contact you directly by phone.
Forums are nice but a quick call is better.  :D
I am a gmail person
I have lots of recomendations regarding flashing units, banshee units, LED units etc.
Robert   :)