Author Topic: "4 Season" Jackets  (Read 14955 times)

elp_jc

Re: "4 Season" Jackets
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2016, 01:31:35 PM »
Their "black" is called "cool black" and is designed to keep you 15 degrees cooler than any other mesh you can buy.
Good to hear. Even though black goes with everything and looks the best, I prefer not black on summer pants, because it typically feels much hotter than lighter colors. Even the dark blue jeans feel quite hot. But it's rare to find silver pants, and Tourmaster doesn't make them anymore. Looking forward to your review of your pants when you get them.

Got the Flex 3 jacket yesterday, and surprisingly, even with the winter liner installed, I have room to spare everywhere, and it's a freaking XS. Oh, and I have a few extra holiday pounds. There's always a first time for everything ;D. Will remove the liner and shell and make sure it's not too floppy, but shouldn't be worse than the current Phoenix3. And it has taller neck, and much better fastening for the cuffs, plus nice material there and on the neck. For $120 shipped, can't beat this deal. The place selling them at that price both on eBay and Amazon is 'FayMyers'; if you're in the market for an excellent 3 to 4-seasons jacket, jump on them while you can. Yes, there's a new version coming in a few months, but it'd cost you at least double that. Hope this helps.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2016, 01:40:58 PM »
Yes, there's a new version coming in a few months, but it'd cost you at least double that. Hope this helps.

Ummmm, in a few months  ???...try 2017! The new version isn't going to start showing up until 2017 according to the TM rep I spoke with...2017!!! I don't know how different the new version will be other than color and the fact that they are reducing the amount of zippers from "7" (I think the current jacket has 7 zippers) down to "3".
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

elp_jc

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2016, 09:01:09 PM »
in a few months  ???...try 2017!
So it was a no-brainer to buy this one then ;). Still need to try it without liner and shell, but seems better than the Phoenix 3 in every respect. Even the sleeves and overall length seem fine for me, so great. Already removed the 3 tacky rubber logos, with only the classy embroidered 'Tourmaster' on the chest remaining (more than enough advertising. He he). Will try it tomorrow when I get an inspection sticker I need to renew registration. And will also try a new helmet liner I got yesterday. The thinner center pad left the new Shoei GT Air fit absolutely perfect. This helmet liner is awesome, with no seams on any pressure areas (forehead, etc). Have a good one folks.