Author Topic: Free tpms (w/dead batteries) replacement even w/expired 3 yr warranty  (Read 12472 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Free tpms (w/dead batteries) replacement even w/expired 3 yr warranty
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 01:19:49 PM »
Stopped in the dealer today, stupid things acted up all the way there and I even showed them pictures. They said that Kawasaki is a pain in the ass to deal with, and they need me to leave the bike with them next week. I said that I will not be leaving my bike there for more than a week, so I am contemplating removing them all together or trying to replace the batteries. Are there replacement valve stems that I can purchase to replace these units with?
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 06:06:09 AM »
Stopped in the dealer today, stupid things acted up all the way there and I even showed them pictures. They said that Kawasaki is a pain in the ass to deal with, and they need me to leave the bike with them next week. I said that I will not be leaving my bike there for more than a week, so I am contemplating removing them all together or trying to replace the batteries. Are there replacement valve stems that I can purchase to replace these units with?

A week!?   :o

When mine were acting up I simply told my dealer's tech and he said that he'd order the sensors. When they came in I waited for my bike while he did the replacement. Actually, I didn't wait at the dealership, I test rode a '12 C14 while the work was being done.    8)

My tech said that Kawasaki was fine to deal with on these.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 08:58:48 AM »
A week!?   :o

When mine were acting up I simply told my dealer's tech and he said that he'd order the sensors. When they came in I waited for my bike while he did the replacement. Actually, I didn't wait at the dealership, I test rode a '12 C14 while the work was being done.    8)

My tech said that Kawasaki was fine to deal with on these.

I actually mentioned to them that some dealers will order the sensors no questions asked, they obviously are not one of those dealers. ::)  Leave the bike with them, they see the problem, they call Kawasaki, Kawasaki may or may not approve of claim, sensors may or may not get replaced, if approved the sensors will be ordered, wait on sensors, keep bike there or ride it home, go back for replacement if I ride it home. Now do you see the pain in the ass........I am pulling them out, and I really don't trust them with removing installing my tires/wheels anyways. I remove and install my wheels, that way I know it has been done right.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Tim

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 06:54:26 PM »
Seems to me Pokey you are letting the dealer win. They see changing the TPS as an inconvenience. So in turn they decided to keep your bike for a week to make it an inconvenience for you. I would go back and ask why they need the bike for a week when they can order and call you when the sensors are in. If I still got jerked around, and because it’s not a safety issue, I would follow up with a call to Kawasaki customer service and complain there.  The reason I say this is because knowing when I do something out of the ordinary (TPS battery change) I have to make allowance for some guy named Murphy and his law. 
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 02:43:22 AM »
When mine were acting up I simply told my dealer's tech and he said that he'd order the sensors. When they came in I waited for my bike while he did the replacement.

@Pokey,
my experience is the same as Conrad's with this issue. The guarantee of this bike in Germany is 4 years, and mine will be over in October this year, so last week I told my dealer and they ordered the parts, together with the gear sensor. No fuss.
Is trying another dealer an option for you? I wouldn't like to give my business to such @sses.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline jjsC6

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 07:41:30 AM »
I also took pictures of my message showing the low battery warning.  The dealer asked me to e-mail him the pictures.  He ordered the parts and fixed it with no hassles.
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 08:19:39 AM »
Great thread  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 08:38:27 AM »
Talked to the dealer I bought the bike from, and the local dealer I am dealing with........BOTH will not order the sensors without keeping the bike first, so they can all kiss my ass. I like the TPMS system so I may try replacing the batteries myself, otherwise regular valve stems are going in.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"