Author Topic: Got plenty of time now.  (Read 1894 times)

Offline wendel

Got plenty of time now.
« on: May 03, 2012, 11:16:53 AM »
I retired from the Fl. Dept of Corrections effective 05-01-2012. Got plenty of time to make useless posts until they catchup with the money I am owed. Then it is a month long ride to wherever I feel like.
2012 C14

Offline MrPepsi

Re: Got plenty of time now.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 11:25:35 AM »
 :goodpost:
Awesome!
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 11:29:19 AM »
Congrats.  I've got 13 years left until my retirement from NYSDOCCS.  (They just added an extra "C" - New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision - when they merged us with Parole.  And inmates/convicts/prisoners are now "offenders"  ::) )  We've got a 25 year retirement, despite every other law enforcement agency in the state being based on 20.   >:(
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 12:15:18 PM »
Got plenty of time to make useless posts until they catchup with the money I am owed. Then it is a month long ride to wherever I feel like.

Useless posts go in the other forum.  Or is it this one?  I don't remember anymore.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline wendel

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 01:56:15 PM »
Outback_John- I spent my entire time behind the fence on shift. I was a Shift Supervisor. Things are changing drastically here and we are under constant attack by Legislators who are now trying to figure out ways to take our benefits so they can give corporate tax breaks. During the term of Governor Rick Scott, we had two Officers killed in the line of duty and a total of six in almost as many years. Imagine responding to a fight and the only two people able to respond is yourself and the Officer on duty at the fight, and the fight is in a full dormitory. Now that I am retired, I do not have to worry about retribution for posting the truth. There is a reason the Department does not want Officers talking to the press. The Officers do not know the Politically Correct Response and may screwup and tell the press the truth.

Have you visited www.leoaffairs.com? Just about every department in the nation is registered and Officers are free to speak their mind. Sometimes the rants sound childish. The website has been unsuccessfully sued for the identifying information of its posters.
2012 C14

Offline wendel

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 01:58:45 PM »
Jim, you are going to be stuck with my useless posts  ;D. Just be advised I do have some chemical agents  ;)
2012 C14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 01:58:47 PM »
I retired from the Fl. Dept of Corrections effective 05-01-2012. Got plenty of time to make useless posts until they catchup with the money I am owed. Then it is a month long ride to wherever I feel like.

Congrats Wendel!

Exactly 18 months to go for me then I'll be a man of leisure and a house husband (till my wife retires).
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 02:20:24 PM »
Heck, only 18 years for me! :)
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Boomer343

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 02:45:46 PM »
I need to go back to work to get some stuff done.....VBG....I still check the phone 20 times a day for messages that aren't there and it seems strange to only have two email accounts.....with passwords I can remember....

Jobs always expand to take available time when you are retired.........spent an hour the other day going through a many years collection of dremel tool accessories that I will never use or that are so crappy they don't work anyway.....by then it was cocktail hour so that was the job for the day.....life sucks....LOL

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 02:51:04 PM »
Congrats bro!  :chugbeer:

I'm jealous...  :(

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 03:33:09 PM »
Jim, you are going to be stuck with my useless posts  ;D . Just be advised I do have some chemical agents  ;)

Excellent...  I use gas warfare myself.....at least my wife tells me that. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 09:48:59 PM »
Awesome!!!  I joined ya today, work was kind enough to give me tomorow off and BTW thanks for everything :)  I will start working on details about the off road course manager spot on Monday, I decided a job that felt like work belongs in the rear view mirror and I wanted a job that offered new challenges.  I have no idea what the pay will be but I already like the benfits package.  Most of my commutes will be over new roads and trails I have only before read of.  Being retired from the Army and always ensuring the socks I stuffed money into only had one hole has left me with options, being married to a spend thrift lady helps as well.  I asked her tonight how she likes being my Sugar Momma and all she did was smile ;D
So, stay tuned for epic pics, on road and off, and Brian (BDF type) stay tuned, my CC50 may be sooner then I anticipated ;D

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 10:14:47 PM »

Congratulations Wndel !!!  I just hit the 25 year mark in FRS as well. (3 years county corrections & 22 years as an LEO) Although I could go now, I am going to stay a while longer. I am too young to retire now. I am looking at my options though, ie ... DROP, investment, etc..  There is a certain "AHH" feeling from knowing that I dont have to stay if I dont want to. I tell people I am now on the "one pissed off away from leaving plan".
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Taff

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 10:21:30 PM »

Enjoy and congrats  :chugbeer: :chugbeer:

Offline mjrfd99

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 06:54:42 AM »
Welcome to the retirement club. 
Some might say you are on the dole now ;)