Author Topic: Tablet or small laptop?  (Read 9548 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Tablet or small laptop?
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2013, 04:02:42 AM »
 :rotflmao: ......right...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Stubby

• 2011 Silver ABS Concours 1400
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2013, 07:08:30 PM »
Well after all the back and forth I got a tablet a Samsung 8". So far so good I still need to find the right cable to transfer pics the way I want but it's small and light.
it's better to ask forgiveness than permission..... So I have been told

Offline Conrad

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2013, 04:47:15 AM »
My wife wants a tablet and I want a laptop. Dell is having a good sale on both. If you buy any laptop over $500 you can get the Latitude 10 tablet for $300. I'm getting an Inspiron 15R (non touch screen, Windows 7 Pro, 6gb RAM, 500GB HD, etc....) for $600.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 06:47:55 AM »
Well, I don't get to take trips so it is hard for me to say. I guess it just depends on what you want to do. My daughter got be a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and it is a pretty sweet thing. I usually keep it beside me  while I am watching TV and I use it to surf the web. Now if I want to get serious surfing (like to make plans for building a new computer) I will do that on the PC, but I can do a lot of what I want as far as surfing from my chair.

This weekend I rooted it and installed the Google Play Store and from that I installed Google Maps. What I need to do is to figure out how to get my HTC One V setup to run as a hotspot so I can use my maps when not around my home wi-fi. I have also downloaded a bunch of Zane Grey books that I have started reading.