Author Topic: It's official Windows 8 is the New Coke  (Read 9726 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: It's official Windows 8 is the New Coke
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2014, 05:07:24 AM »
I went for it and bought a new PC with 8.1 installed. Now that I've been using it for a while I'm staring to get the hang of it. I may even like it before too long.

One problem that I'm having is playing embedded youtube vids on this forum. If I attempt to play a vid here the audio plays just fine and the status bar moves along as it should but I can't see the video. If I go to youtube's site the vid plays just fine. Embedded vids play fine on other sites as well.

Any ideas?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2014, 05:44:15 AM »
Put on your glasses....?

I once had an idea, but then I lost it.  So far no luck finding it again....sigh.

I don't play vids through the 8.1 tile interface.  I play them from the 'normal' desktop, through a normal browser (Firefox).  I'm also using Stardock software, specifically Start8.  Don't know if that has anything to do with how things work on 8.1, though.  I'm not having any issues with playing embedded vids.  You do have the latest Flash software, don't you?

I think your best bet will be look behind the keyboard for the loose nut.  Typically that's the root of most Windows issues.

Here's something similar with IE.  Don't know if you are using that or not..

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5799534
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2014, 05:55:10 AM »
Keep looking for the idea Jim, it may be laying around someplace in the garage. Maybe on that shelf?    :)

I'm not using the tile interface much either and I only seem to be having issues playing embedded vids on this website via IE 11. I'll check on the flash player though, good tip thanks!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2014, 06:12:13 AM »
I just tried my IE 11 and the vids play fine....  I'm sticking with the 'loose nut behind the keyboard' ploy.

Keep looking for the idea Jim, it may be laying around someplace in the garage. Maybe on that shelf?    :)

:doh:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 03:23:48 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.