The C10, aka Kawasaki Concours - The Original > Accessories and Modifications - C10

Free power!

<< < (2/10) > >>

mlf73:
I'm not sure how much is my imagination and how much is actual improvement but this "mod" seems to make a tremendous difference in power on my 02.  I have to admit that I did the quick version and just ran a ground from the accessory ground to the frame so far because I was anxious to  see what happened.  I haven't ridden a lot lately but the bike just seemed so much more responsive to the throttle on my short test ride a few minutes ago.  It's kind of cool here with temps just above 50 but after the bike was warmed up, she just seemed more spirited than ever.  I revved it a few times as I was putting her back in the garage... it just felt like it had more power than normal, revved easier and even sounded more powerful.  I'll have to do a little more test riding later in the week and see if I still have the same impression.  I guess it will be easy right now to compare with and without this mod by just pulling the lead from the accessory ground lead and see if I can tell a difference.  I'll probably go with the same configuration as Steve if I decide to make this permanent.  Thanks once again to Steve and all of the other members here for all that you guys do to make our bikes better!

timsatx:
Sounds like a neat idea, and great video by the way. I am always up for free stuff so this is right up my alley.  :thumbs: :goodpost:

Boomer:
One thing you need to be wary of is a ground loop.
This is where you have different paths to ground.
What can happen is that you get a slight voltage difference on one path from another (due to minutely different resistances) which can lead to oscillations in that loop which can interfere with electronic equipment.
Likely minor side effects are interference with any radio equipment but in the worst case it can interfere with the firing signals for the CDI leading to erratic ignition.
Ground on a motorcycle is the -ve terminal on the battery.

I will also be trying Steve's idea this weekend with a specific wire direct to the battery -ve.

Pfloydgad:
TY Steve,
And since it is looking like a pretty wet day here in Central Ohio for Sunday, I now have a project for Hey Baby.
Everyone ride safe out there.
Greg

Fuller56:
Steve,
Thanks for the video and the idea.  I performed this mod on my '06 the other day.  I have not noticed more power, but I haven't pushed hard enough to tell.  I did notice it is much less buzzy on the interstate.  This bike is one that is quite a bit buzzier than the Y2K that came before it.  Thanks!
John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version