Author Topic: Cee Baileys Euro Tour dark tint - arrived and installed!  (Read 21348 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: CeeBaileys shield question - different top cut, why?
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2012, 09:38:43 AM »
Yeah, just when I thought he was going to get a yellow shield and name his bike "Rainbow Warrior"...

:rotflmao:

Offline squad404

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »
A word of warning about CeeBaileys-

I bought a tall windshield for a previous bike I had.  When I took it on the highway, the shield flopped around like a leaf on a tree branch in the wind.  I drove about 1 mile with it on my bike.

I immediately took it off and sent it back with an explanation. 

It sucked; but their cure was to charge me a 15% restocking charge because “I had put it on my bike and they could see there was a screw head mark around the holes”.  Well no sh@#, how else was I going to find out it sucked?

Buyer beware…. >:(

Frank
1986, 30K miles.  Bought from a guy who thought fluid changes only applied to cars

Offline DGOLD

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2012, 11:30:51 AM »
My Cee Baileys for both the c-10 and c-14  were solid at all speeds and much thicker than any other shields I've seen.
1995 c10(gone), 2001 c10(passed on to son),
2010 c14(current mistress)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2012, 12:50:57 PM »
Never had a problem with my CB Euro.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2012, 01:17:46 PM »
A word of warning about CeeBaileys-

I bought a tall windshield for a previous bike I had.  When I took it on the highway, the shield flopped around like a leaf on a tree branch in the wind.  I drove about 1 mile with it on my bike.

I immediately took it off and sent it back with an explanation. 

It sucked; but their cure was to charge me a 15% restocking charge because “I had put it on my bike and they could see there was a screw head mark around the holes”.  Well no sh@#, how else was I going to find out it sucked?

Buyer beware…. >:(

Frank

???

That's odd Frank, I currently have a CB mounted and all the way up it's solid as a rock...

Offline OregonLAN

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2012, 02:42:47 PM »
I noticed that my CB will move a bit in heavy wind gusts, but it has nothing to do with the windshield and everything to do with the motorized bracket. It does the same thing with the stock shield just that it's less noticeable because of the thickness.

Offline squad404

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2012, 11:22:37 PM »
Let me clarify---

I had bought a new BMW F 800 ST in the spring of 2010.  I then ordered the CB high windshield for it. 

The bike was a new addition to the BMW line up.  CB offered a tall windshield and it performed like I said earlier.

My issue with CB is they launched a windshield (in various sizes) for a new production bike but (in my opinion) never properly tested the tallest they offered.  Thus, when I returned it I would rather of had a "thanks for letting us know" than a 15% restocking charge.

Yes; the shield was much narrower than what we have on our C-10's.

My issue was the poo poo attitude I got from CB.

I won't buy from them again, but that's my choice.  I am super happy that you all are happy with yours.

With that said; anyone want a beer?
1986, 30K miles.  Bought from a guy who thought fluid changes only applied to cars

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2012, 07:45:35 AM »
Did somebody say beer?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2012, 05:00:15 PM »
Happy Friday, my new Cee Baileys Euro Tour cut arrived today, 3 inch's taller than my Cee Baileys Euro Mini. I'm gonna run it for awhile and then I'll provide some feedback on it...

Here's some pics in the meantime.

And holy macroll this thing is tall when raised up, I could have a camp fire behind this thing and not get any wind I think...

Offline CIG4R

Re: Cee Baileys Euro Tour dark tint - arrived and installed!
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2012, 05:14:01 PM »
Looks great!!
Picked mine up from UPS hub the morning I was leaving for Dallas.
What a difference  :thumbs:, made the 1600+ miles so much more enjoyable.
Position about 1-1/2 inch below full up, just right to push the wind over my
helmet an lets me ride in some quiet, little side buffeting occasionally.
Can hear the SENA music, talk on the headset with my shield in the up position at 70 mph.
And best of all no ear plugs needed, winner.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2012, 08:51:32 PM »

And holy macroll this thing is tall when raised up, I could have a camp fire behind this thing and not get any wind I think...

Yup, you can smoke a cigar and blow smoke rings behind it ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2012, 09:44:39 PM »
Ok, here's my review on the CB "tour" after running it for a week...

This shield is typical CeeBaileys top notch quality IMO!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

It provides excellent wind protection if that's what you want!

Although I think I'm maybe a bit more "sport" than "touring" and actually found that it gave a little too much wind protection IMO...  :-\

I think this will be awesome for chewing slab and in the winter, but right now it's just awesome weather here in the PNW and will only get better for the next 3 or 4 months...

So I just now pulled it back off and put my CeeBaileys Euro Mini back on...  8)

I'm gonna hold on to the Euro for any upcoming long slab rides and slap it on for those, but for commuting and hitting the fun roads I'd rather have my shorter CB sheild on at least in the warmer months of the year.  :)

I think the euro will most likley be in the same rotation as my ProjektD hand wind gaurds, on in the winter and off in the summer...  ;D

Hopefully this was useful insight to any of you out there debating on shields for summer/winter/slabbing/commuting...  :chugbeer:

Offline Glennn

• Metric Rider
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2012, 06:52:41 AM »
2012 Midnight Sapphire Blue 1400GTR
1999 Yamaha Road Star
Canberra, Australia
CDA #390

Offline Bagger

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2012, 08:28:17 PM »
ZG ....

I always find your bike a pleasure to see.  You've done a very nice job in adding various mods to your C14.  I've tacked a couple from yours to mine.

I have a CB tall tour as well.  I like it as I run modular helmets that seem a bit "loud".  Altho, I did get a Nolan 104 recently and it's not only much quieter than the 102/103 ... but, it's very light. 

Anyway, I like the look of the dark tinted CB windscreen you have.  Think I'll get me one as well.  Yeah, I know these are warmer in warm weather, but I have some 'Wings' installed that help a lot.  Altho, I don't care for the 'look' of them.  I guess I'm more into function than into looks.
"I'm not a vigilante ... I'm just an undocumented border patrol agent."

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2012, 08:35:05 PM »
ZG ....

I always find your bike a pleasure to see.  You've done a very nice job in adding various mods to your C14.  I've tacked a couple from yours to mine.

Thanks BG, you can't go wrong with any of the Cee Baileys shields IMO, they're awesome quality!  :chugbeer:

Breaker19

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2012, 06:43:14 AM »
I just ordered the Ultra Tour clear. After emailing CB's folks they agreed with my height at 6', for what I want it to do (block ALL the wind buffeting on my helmet) that'd be the one. I guess we'll see! :)

Offline Bagger

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2012, 04:08:25 PM »
Hey, ZG ...

Went for a longish ride today with the CB Euro Tour Dome cut dealie.  I have a couple risers on the bike, plus Phil's wedges (set up another bike like mine today for a friend).  So, I sit up sorta 'Wing Like'.  I have the Euro Cut Tour as well, like yours, ZG.

I have zero buffeting mostly ... even with my new Nolan 104 with the Dome.  But, it was quite warm today, even by the coast.  I ride with gear/helmet/gloves/boots/leather-Aeorstich pants, yada, yada.  It was warm behind that Dome.

I'm going to get a dark tint CB shield, too.  Just not sure which one.  I'm gonna fool with the stocker and the Euro Cut to see if they give me some more air.  Guess I could always cut a hole, or 2 in the dang thang, too, eh.

Mini Tour is an interesting size.  I may look into that in dark tint.

Thanx, ZG for the review.  Always a pleasure reading your posts.
"I'm not a vigilante ... I'm just an undocumented border patrol agent."

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2012, 05:24:05 PM »
Hey, ZG ...

Went for a longish ride today with the CB Euro Tour Dome cut dealie.  I have a couple risers on the bike, plus Phil's wedges (set up another bike like mine today for a friend).  So, I sit up sorta 'Wing Like'.  I have the Euro Cut Tour as well, like yours, ZG.

I have zero buffeting mostly ... even with my new Nolan 104 with the Dome.  But, it was quite warm today, even by the coast.  I ride with gear/helmet/gloves/boots/leather-Aeorstich pants, yada, yada.  It was warm behind that Dome.

I'm going to get a dark tint CB shield, too.  Just not sure which one.  I'm gonna fool with the stocker and the Euro Cut to see if they give me some more air.  Guess I could always cut a hole, or 2 in the dang thang, too, eh.

Mini Tour is an interesting size.  I may look into that in dark tint.

Thanx, ZG for the review.  Always a pleasure reading your posts.

Thanks BG, anytime bro! I really like the Cee Baileys Euro mini in dark tint, it's a great warmer weather shield and looks very good IMO!  8) 

The only reason I bought the Cee Baileys Euro tour in dark tint was because I slabbed it up to Seattle a couple weeks back and for just straight slabbing I was wishing I had a couple more inches for wind protection, the Cee Baileys Euro tour provides exactly that, so next time I go do a long slab ride I'll put it back on for that, the 1 minute swap out makes having both options ideal IMO...  :chugbeer:

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
I ran over to the Dalles this weekend and I love this CB Ultra Tour Dome. It makes slabbin almost bearable.

I love this bike I can take my camp gear and a case and 1/2 of beer. I got rained on on the way home and the windscreen kept the iRadar & iPhone dry.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2012, 08:54:42 PM »

:o

Busch Light???

Are you betweeen checks Gumbi??   ;D ;D ;D