Author Topic: HOW MUCH POWER?  (Read 15364 times)

Offline Coomers

Re: HOW MUCH POWER?
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2011, 11:12:49 AM »
our dyno session has not happened yet,can't get our schedules together.but it is still going to happen.i will post my findings.the before and after will be done on the same dyno,but the pull with the zx14 TB's will probally be the following day.

Waiting with bated breath.

What are you going to use for a map?

Offline kbryant

• areapnolimits
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2011, 11:43:01 AM »
Just an FYI when comparing Dyno numbers.  Obviously we always want to try and compare things back to back for consistency.  But we really don't care as much about what the actual number is; only where and what the actual percentage of increase was before and after.   Also, the industry accepted and more realistic numbers are done with "SAE" settings.  When Dyno operators set the perameters at "STD", this will inflate the numbers by almost 4%.   ;)   

Offline jholt8

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2011, 10:57:53 PM »
Yeap- I'd like to have a dyno and tech to run it sitting around at my beck and call and hope there is no change in the weather from the time I swap parts around but that not going to happen for any of us. The TB swap takes too much time.

I did the ZX14 throttle body install back before the server crashed/got high jacked or whatever happened. I do not have dyno results, but I do KNOW from riding that the power delivery is much better. BCM, Area P full exhaust, PCV, flies removed. There is a slight stumble down low, very low rpm, just off idle where you never ride except when leaving the drive way. Very slight which could propably be fixed with a new map. However it pulls harder all the way to the limiter and does not peter out. The front comes up in 1st and will wheelie over if you keep it pinned, it comes up in 2nd and I weight 220lbs. It did not do this before the TB install.

I did measurements of the intake runners, posted pictures,etc. Looks like the Kawi enginners at the last minute change the TB's from 44mm to 40mm for the C14 and moved on to another project. Why would anyone put a 40mm TB and match it to a 44 mm intake runner boot???? Makes no sense. Why do the dyno runs fall off before the rev limiter? As an enginner for an auto manufactuer I know how deadlines and new product launches go.

So if you want a fancy dyno number keep looking. If you want a fun factor, a big grin when the front end comes up or scare yourself do the ZX14 TB install. You will be happy you did.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2011, 12:05:31 PM »
Any body have numbers to quantify the gain of the ZX-14 throttle bodies (before AND after numbers from the same dyno)?  I am thinking about picking up a set since my bike is torn apart right now.  I am also gonna do a valve lash check and have my dealer replace the valve cover gasket since it has started leaking, so I figured now would be as good of a time as any to do the swap.  I just don't want to trade off any low end torque for top end horsepower.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2011, 05:49:03 AM »
Bump!

Any back to back dyno numbers yet?
Also, which year ZX-14 throttle bodys work for this?
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2011, 07:32:04 AM »
Bump!

Any back to back dyno numbers yet?
Also, which year ZX-14 throttle bodys work for this?

2006-2011 will work but IIRC only the 2006-2007 injectors will work well with the C14.  But that shouldn't make much difference since most that have done this mod, swapped the C14 injectors over to the ZX throttle bodies.  Using the ZX injectors would be nice for someone running a turbo since they could run a higher duty cycle than the C14 injectors.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.