Author Topic: Changed to Buell pegs - a bit better  (Read 7105 times)

Offline Bugnut

• The Dude abides.
Changed to Buell pegs - a bit better
« on: February 11, 2012, 09:14:31 PM »
They measured out at 1 inch lower at the sole of the foot, and about one and a quarter inch lower on the underside without the feeler peg on the stock peg. Comparatively, the lowering bracket version is about another half inch lower, giving more leg room and a less acute knee angle. The Buell pegs don't have that slightly off center, bent kind of feel I always noticed with the bracket version. Other than feeling the vibration a bit more due to the lack of rubber, they feel just the same in angle and spacing away from the bike as the stock ones. But they also give more foot room being overall longer (wide -away from the bike center line) than the stockers.

One little benefit is that compared to the lowering brackets, the pegs scrape less at significant angles. Even the stockers take a chewing, but the Buellers, although more chewed than the stockers, are significantly less vulnerable than the lowering brackets.

So, relief to some extent with just about the same overall lower edge at the original pegs. I like them, but they change my hip angle much more than even the lowering brackets seemed to do when using them. I suspect it's just a matter of getting used to them. And along with Larry Buck's touring pegs, I should have enough to stretch out and tuck up the legs when the going gets going. :-)

Oh, one other thing. Since the Buellers are nothing but metal, and are wider than stock, the sharp edge created by quickly wearing away the bottom of the peg just begs for fresh blood. Almost every time I work on my bike, car, washing machine or anything mechanical, I get bitten. These are just the teeth on the beast. Duck walking backwards is the most hazardous, but even washing the bike is like playing Russian Roulette. The gouge on my shin is a reminder this evening of just how sharp those teeth are!

Mike
"Now I know what the Klingons felt like when the Enterprise was at warp 9 with photon torpedoes firing away as they blasted past. There is no way I could catch up to, much less get past that Concours when it's on the hunt it's lights at full power."

Offline nxtdoor

Re: Changed to Buell pegs - a bit better
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 09:22:08 PM »
Can I ask where you picked the Buell pegs up?

Jeff

Offline Bugnut

• The Dude abides.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 10:15:19 PM »
Just online. Looked up the part number through Harley Davidson and searched for someone with the lowest price. Was a place in Missouri I think. Ended up under $40 with a bit more for shipping.

Mike
"Now I know what the Klingons felt like when the Enterprise was at warp 9 with photon torpedoes firing away as they blasted past. There is no way I could catch up to, much less get past that Concours when it's on the hunt it's lights at full power."

Offline BackInTheSaddle

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 06:25:19 AM »
Could you provide the part number to save the rest of us time?  Thnx.
Don, Apple Valley, MN
2008 C-14 ABS, AeroFlow Tall, Murph's risers with wedges, Buell pegs, Zumo 590, lowered pegs, Russell Day-Long
Previous bikes 2001 Kawi C10 (RIP), and 1981 Honda CB650
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/DonaldHollinger/MOTO/Map_zpse09bb1e5

Offline Bugnut

• The Dude abides.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 07:56:06 AM »
They are "N0502.4AK" and "N0503.4AK". I ordered from Surdyke Motorcycles, Festus, MO. $37 each. With shipping to me 81 bucks.

Mike

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 11:29:04 AM »
Surdyke has marked these down a few $$$'s.
Just ordered a set for $68.81 (including shipping)!
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline BackInTheSaddle

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 12:13:30 PM »
Placed an order, thanks for the help.
Don, Apple Valley, MN
2008 C-14 ABS, AeroFlow Tall, Murph's risers with wedges, Buell pegs, Zumo 590, lowered pegs, Russell Day-Long
Previous bikes 2001 Kawi C10 (RIP), and 1981 Honda CB650
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/DonaldHollinger/MOTO/Map_zpse09bb1e5

Offline leisyman

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 10:04:20 AM »
I removed the rubber pads from my stock C14 pegs and effectively lowered my foot position about an inch, definitely noticeable and I sure liked the price;)
vibration is hardly noticeable.

just my two cents

MGvalerio

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 11:24:43 AM »
Fai da te... per avere sempre le solite distanze tra pedane e comandi di freno e cambio.Gli altri sistemi x abbassamento pedane accorciano le distanze d'azione in special modo il pedale del freno diventando troppa corto,ne ho esperienza per averli già fatti ma scartati per come ho spiegato.

Do it yourself ... always have the usual distance between foot pegs and brake controls and other systems cambio.Gli x lower footboards shorter distances action especially the brakes become too short, I have experience to facts, but having them discarded as I explained.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Abbasa pedane che avvicinano troppo i comandi al piede.

MGvalerio.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 12:06:49 PM by MGvalerio »

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 02:53:20 PM »
Buell pegs are nice on a C-14 but for those thinking about them you should know you have to drill (or ream) the cross- hole as the C-14's footpeg pin is larger than the Buell's. Also the Buell's need a bit of filing or grinding where the inside stops against the frame or the pegs will not rest flat when they are down.

I did a comparison between stock, Buell and Murph's pegs and posted it here: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=589.msg5346#msg5346

Brian

They measured out at 1 inch lower at the sole of the foot, and about one and a quarter inch lower on the underside without the feeler peg on the stock peg. Comparatively, the lowering bracket version is about another half inch lower, giving more leg room and a less acute knee angle. The Buell pegs don't have that slightly off center, bent kind of feel I always noticed with the bracket version. Other than feeling the vibration a bit more due to the lack of rubber, they feel just the same in angle and spacing away from the bike as the stock ones. But they also give more foot room being overall longer (wide -away from the bike center line) than the stockers.

<snip>

Mike
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

MGvalerio

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 11:42:53 PM »
Volete un vero cambiamento in comodità di guida x le  lunghe distanze sul GTR 1400, questa è l'unica soluzione,già  postata sopra,che AFTERMARCHET non fa perché loro non ci vanno a giro col  GTR 1400... io si.

You want a real change in ride comfort over long distances on the x GTR 1400, this is the only solution, already posted above, which does not AFTERMARCHET because they do not go around with a GTR 1400 ... I do.

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 06:12:11 AM »
They are "N0502.4AK" and "N0503.4AK". I ordered from Surdyke Motorcycles, Festus, MO. $37 each. With shipping to me 81 bucks.

Mike

I picked up a pair of these from a Harley dealer in MN for $39 total, not apiece.  I cannot remember which dealer, but I found it while googling  for them
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 07:09:42 AM »
I think the difference in price is the color. Black pegs will run you $81, and you can find the silver pegs cheaper.